It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F6 Tornado

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Pistol Pete, you still kinda missed the point about what the OP was trying to say on your add line there. But anyway it doesn't matter, that story is pretty wild. Glad your parents picked McDonald's instead.
Btw, is that pic from the Ohio storm? That twister just looks downright brutal!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Someone came up with a theory a while back that tornadoes were actually electrical in nature. IIRC (and I'm not adamant that I am) they tested some things to "short circuit" it, and they seemed to work. I can't for the life of me remember how I heard about this though.

Edited to add:

One other thing.... nukes might be impractical for tornadoes, but what about hurricanes?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
more or likely a hurricane would be over heavily populated areas. to dangerous but what about a sonic boom or something to disrupt the wind patterns.....a nuke is a good idea but to deadly unless we figure some way to contain its blast but it would still be pointless because it would take to long...a sonic boom can be stop as a matter of fact i think it would stop or at least weaken right when it hits the tornado so theres pretty much no damage and a sonic boom is just something the almost instantly goes 2x the speed of sound and creates a shock wave much like an explosion but in a controllable way and it follows a certain path. so an aircraft could make this possible..we have the tech, hardly any damage is done, sounds like a safe and harmless way to stop a tornado to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ok you nuke a very powerful twister. A thermalnuke will create superheated air in an already very unstable supercell, thus creating additional lift (the fireball will rise at plus 300 mph). This might make for worse situation, possibly strengthening the tornado....just a thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I know a lot of ppl won't agree w/ me, but I think trying to stop nature from happening is wrong. this is the earths natural way of growing and reproducing. disasters have always been essential to life on earth. who are we to keep "mother earth" from doing her job?

It is very sad to lose ppl to natural disasters, but this is natural. what is not natural is to not let nature do her job and then have to deal w/ what we may be facing now.... overpopulation. I would rather nature and survival of the fittest decide than to let things get so bad that man will end up deciding.

Stop not allowing nature to decide or those who are callous and apathetic will and they will do it in a far more cruel and unfair way than nature could.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
to destroy a hurricane would be near impossible, you would have to whipe out or modify a large area of 'low pressure' the size of texas. To destroy a tornado would be near impossible because as of today we can only predict tornadoes a few minutes ahead of time, and 90 percent of them are false alarms, where as tornadoes end up happenning elsewhere than predicted.

if there is a hurricane, drive away a week ahead of time. if there is a tornado, hope for luck.

on a side note, there is no such thing as an F6 tornado, and it is infact impossible. the reason is because an F5 is 300+ mph winds.
at 700 mph the wind would start making its own sonic boom and surpass the speed of sound.

The strongest tornado in history the greensburg kansas tornado.

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.burlingtonfreepress.com...

most of the ones that survived saw it coming and drove away.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
As Andy Capp says 'wait for it'.
I read about the F5 in Xenia, Ohio. Top winds of 279 mph. It toppled the tombstones!!!
It looked like images of Hiroshima.
The scale will have to be reevaluated when we see tornados of 300 plus.
This year was deemed the most active tornado season in recorded history by NOA.
Hang on to your hats.

[edit on 7/28/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beyondSciFi

Why on earth would you make an already bad situation worse. Attacking a tornado with sound is a way better idea like the others had said. Or we could use Dyno-Gel to absorb all moisture, because without moisture, storms literally disappear. A nuke is just stupid and unfeasible.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
electrically discharge it..
i've heard tornados are attracted to trailor parks..
you could surround a town or city with a network of earthing stations..
when the tornado comes through it should be attractd to the earthing stations and discharge itself to the ground harmlessy

daz__

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i think it would be both a good way and a bad way because people would die either way.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I personally think the nuke is a dumb idea . bu perhaps a entertainment system that is maybe 1000 times louder than any other thown into the center turned on could disipate the tornado by disturbing the air flow without killing any body.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
MANKIND CANNOT STOP THE POWER OF GOD!! Nothing can stop a tornadoe! Technology can do nothing against the elements.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi
My name is not important, but what I'm about to tell you is..

I was on a field trip with a Scientist just last week, I'm not typing any names here, but the news is that a Tornado CAN be stopped, but I wouldn't suggest a nuclear weapon, although that would as you say disrupt the vortex of an active storm, if it was close enough to the blast from the weapon..
No sir, that sort of idea is what coined the phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.. in other words creating a bigger problem to solve a smaller one.
This field trip I was on involved going to a secret test base in the UK, and creating an artificial Tornado with a wind tunnel and other ingredients in this huge hangar (partly underground).
The test was to span over 3 months using different techniques each time to try to slow down the wind flow generated by the elements, when suddenly at the end of our first week of tests we had a breakthrough !
Tornado's are like FIRE, they start like one small flickering flame and start to EAT the elements around them, when they are fed their favourite foods they GROW LARGER and LARGER.. until you remove one of their elements.
Fire needs 1. HEAT 2. FUEL 3. OXYGEN and an IGNITION or a Spark ! but when you take away ANY of the three above the fire goes OUT....

SO what was it for a Tornado ???? MICROWAVES !!!
Yes, thats right we microwaved it, so in a way you were right to say lets NUKE it ! Just wrong to say lets drop a Nuclear Bomb on it !

Have fun looking into why that works, (cos we did) I'll give you a small hint, it has something to do with the cold condensing water vapour that falls through the warm flow in the vortex, the microwaves absorb it and the Tornado dies. THE PROBLEM is hitting one with a good enough concentration of waves in the right place and at the right time to prevent injuring any PEOPLE or livestock etc..

Yours Mr X

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
one thing that u might not know is that the F-scale goes higher then 6 it goes up to F8 it is caused by global warming and also a nucular bomb would not be a good solution to stoping a tornado people could die from the blast and houses could be destroyed and it would be very risky to drop a nucelar bomb inside a tornado

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join