It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson says Halloween is the day when ‘millions of children…celebrate Satan’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

They get a "treat" or get to "trick". Kind of like our godless, no standards "civilization"? They get "benefits" under "threat, duress and coercion ". That's a totally "innocent" learning tool. Hell! You're right! Let them have fun! Living is all about emotions. "Fun" is what life is all about.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What say you ATS?

As silly a believe as any I have heard. Did not somebody tell this guy when he was 10 yrs old that its all make believe and that kids have only one religion. That religion being called "free candy" and having something called "fun".

The only thing evil about Halloween is that I read somewhere that the stats for burglaries and such crime are higher that night then other night. But then again Christmas had and even higher stats such crimes happening from what I remember. And black Friday even much more so.

So...Ya!...OK!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Robertson is a bit of a hypocrite on this subject. HE makes a statement(judging others) and then says they will go to Hell if they continue to celebrate Halloween.(judgement again) Its not up to him to decide and wrong to act like it is.

And dont get me started on his getting donations.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why? So you can argue with me? To the point, in a nut shell? .. Neither, "Christmas", "Holloween", "St. Patrick's Day" or a number of other holidays, ("holy days") are "Christian". But were incorporated by Roman Catholics to subjugate people into the "Holy Roman Empire" not "Christanity". So why does it matter what a Christian says about them pegan holidays? Is it to slander Christians? Research history for yourself.
edit on 31-10-2015 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This confirms what I always suspected...

Satan is an anti-dentite...

edit on 31-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
First, as an academically-induced Christian, which resulted after decades of scripture research and comparative history/archeology, Pat Robertson is, as even those without research backgrounds might guess, "dead wrong".

Satan is, strictly speaking, the angel of death. It was Mastema who refused to serve humanity and who decided to overtly lead a very naïve early people to their own destruction. So, yeah, with a sort of timeless knowledge under his belt, did al satan know what he was doing? Hell, yes, and I mean it in that way.

Hallow-een, which is shorthand for Hallowed Evening, (E'en was used in poetry for evening up until the late 1800's), began as a tribute to dead relatives, who those early humans figured were already with God and who could put I a good word for them in Heaven. (And who couldn't use a little extra help now and again. Couldn't hurt to ask, right?) Many Asian cultures still view it in this way.

Except this wasn't right. The Bible text actually tells us that when we die, we "sleep". Zero idea if this involves dreaming, but I like to agree with Socrates' idea of "perchance to dream". If not, nothing lost.

But those who are awakened by true mediums in all the ancient texts don't seem very happy about it, at all. Some even reproach, "Why have you awakened me before the appointed time?!" So, as far as Christians asserting that when we die, we zip straight up into Heaven or straight into hell, that does not at all seem to be the case, even in Revelations (the folks under the altar). In fact, Christ mentions this fact several times (when he brings back several dead, including Lazarus), and especially when he himself returns from the dead. It really is pretty clear...no one wakes up until the final judgment, or at least not without special permission. What is supposed to happen to most of us are the two resurrections; those in the first are of God, those in the second are not. Either way, we all stand upon the lake of glass to hear the verdict.

In all of the ancient texts, Egyptian, Syrian, and Persian included, there is only ONE type of spirit that is given the nod to exist outside of the corporeal body after physical death...the nephilim. They were born of eternal spirit into worldly bodies. Even before they died, God reprimanded their angel fathers, Don't you know what you have done? Your sons are eternal in spirit (of angels) but are born corrupted (of the fallen humans and you, fallen spirits). Their bodies will rot. Once they are out of their bodies, they can never enter Heaven. They are doomed to wander the earth without form for eternity.

And this is what Jesus encounters when he meets Legion. A whole pack of them are hanging out inside of a very unfortunate guy.

Hasn't anyone ever wondered why Christ casts them out into pigs and then WHY these possessed pigs then throw themselves into the ocean and drown themselves?

Seems frigging bizarre, doesn't it?

It would seem that, once these dead nephilim possess something/someone, they can't leave without the order of God or death itself. Christ ordered them out of the man and into the pigs. Once in the pigs, their only way out was to kill the pigs. So the demons ran the pigs into the ocean to drown. And we know this to be the case because Christ tells them to return to the desert once he casts them into the pigs. But the pigs don't run hundreds of miles into the sand...they kill themselves. (The pig farmer and surrounding farmers are so angry about this that they order Christ to leave, worried that he will make their livestock also drown themselves.)

Moreover, the nephilim immediately recognize Christ for who he is, and Christ tells them to shut up...literally shut the guys mouth about who he is...to not tell anyone. They cannot refuse. Then he reprimands them, to which they answer that, He knows that they will be shortly judged and destroyed at the end of time, so can't he cut them a break, in the grand scheme of things? So, Christ does, but with provisions.

These disembodied spirits are labeled time and time again by different names by dozens and dozens of cultures, but the west knows them best as demons, or daemons. Some call them genies, which is a derivation of a much older word for demon.

Salomon knew them very well, thanks to his Egyptian wife who led him very far astray. And what he did led to what is still going on today. But, if you read, it is not Salomon's sons from whom Jesus is descended, even though both came from David. Not at all. Salomon's line is very different, indeed, being the second son of ill-gotten Bathsheba. Salomon was wise to be sure, but he was spiritually broken. (The first son was taken by God at birth, Salomon's older brother, as God lays claim to all of the first-born, as was laid out by the early Jews. As God said, "I did not tell you to make sacrifices to me, but since you do, I lay claim to the first and the best", or thereabouts.)

I could go on for months about all of this. However, the point of the OP's thread is that a televangelist, who exists first and foremost to put bread on his ministry's table, says that Halloween is satan worship is very indirect bunk, and it is very misleading. The real story is so much more interesting. There is more than one devil. In fact, there are at least 201, some more notorious than others. Plus their hybrid, undead kids.

I don't see Pat screaming about Christmas trees, though, which are very pagan in some quarters. (Some see it as the representation of the tree of knowledge, which is great, while others haul it in their houses year after year not understanding or realizing that, without intent, they are acting in a very pagan manner. Mindlessness will often lead to downfall, in all quarters of life.)

What one rarely sees in televangelists, though, is a studied answer to, "Who is satan?"

The answer to that question is so much more complicated than what they have told us.

And it is part od the greatest story ever told in the history of humankind.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Christ was very against "religion".

And he made mockery of stone temples to God.

He said that God made all of the stones and everything else that made the temples, so how would building a big room ever impress God, the Father?

Gospel of Thomas; "Turn over a stone, I am there. Split a piece of wood, I am there."

In several places: "The kingdom of God is WITHIN you."

In several places: The kingdom of God is already on earth, within His believers.

The point is this...there are several realities coexisting on earth, ones that you can physically hold in your hand, which have zero to do with the spirit, and that which has everything to do with the spirit, which you can never touch with your fingertips. One or the other is your ruling principle.

And none of this has anything to do with preachers or churches of stone and glass, because the faithful ARE the church.

edit on 31-10-2015 by ComeAgain because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't think my children equate Halloween with Satan - in fact I guarantee they do not. They equate Halloween with dressing up to look like the most awesome monster they can think of and then meeting up with other monsters before roaming the neighbourhood demanding lollies and chocolate in exchange for saying the phrase "trick or treat".

Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, as a parent of these monsters, I have observed the actual reality of who is celebrating and who is suffering.....

Celebrating - Kmart, Target, Spotlight, Red Dot, Bottleshops and liquor stores, All Blacks supporters.
Suffering - me and other parents sporting headaches and diminished bank accounts, Wallabies supporters.

Mr Robertson should focus his attention on US government foreign and domestic policies because the devil is most certainly in those details.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Why? So you can argue with me?

No, I was just genuinely interested in what you had to say.
I am well aware that modern day Christianity/Catholicism borrows much from the pagan's and wiccian religions of yesteryear.
It was all part of the converting process to get those that practiced those other religions.
Just like to hear different takes on it, don't really take issue with the idea at all.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

paganism really doesn't have anything to with satan and as far as im concerned satan is just another thing christians made up to make pagans look bad.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis
]
I completely agree, if anything I prefer nut jobs like him practicing his freedom of speech right to speak about his crazy personal beliefs. That way people like us can point out how fallacious and irrational stuff like this is.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

As to the idea that Halloween is Satanic ... yes, there are logical and rational problems with that statement seven ways from Sunday. I absolutely agree with your observations.

... but what interests me here is not the simple fact that Robertson says the same crazy thing about Halloween year after year, or even that he says bat-crap crazy stuff on regular occasions ... the man is not crazy. He is playing a role.

As I've shown here, his influence is integral to the development of the modern political Right in the US, and the organizations he has created are turning out the new "brightest and best" in the formally placed conservative movement in this country and having a deep effect on legislation across the country.. His Regent University graduates occupied strong positions in the Bush Administration, and as I pointed out above, Jeb Bush is courting his favor.

To consider him just a crazy old man, I think ... is to miss a significant point.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ComeAgain

Where did you come from?

A "self induced Christian" that uses gnostic scripture in his replies?

This must be Halloween... er wait

IT IS!!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Mr Robertson should focus his attention on US government foreign and domestic policies because the devil is most certainly in those details.

Absolutely. That's my interest here. It's too easy to damn Robertson for being a fringe Christian lunatic.

... and I would submit that he is, very much, paying attention to the US government, policy, etc.

Thanks for your comments!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: alkalisunshine

paganism really doesn't have anything to with satan and as far as im concerned satan is just another thing christians made up to make pagans look bad.

Satan (and Satanists) serve the same political function as anarchists, Communists, and terrorists, i.e. the hidden enemy of all that is good, which is of course the power structure that uses that particular boogeyman ... the Church, the Government, etc.

No, pagans don't all worship Satan. Although, there is some pretty good evidence that they modeled his appearance after certain pagan elements ... like Herne the Hunter, Satyrs, etc.

Thanks for your post. I agree with you, but I'm focused on the political ramifications of Robertson's public performances, as well as his deeper contacts in and around the US government.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ComeAgain

Seconding appreciation for your post!

I'd love to see you start a thread on your comments ... and, welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
From The Washington Post

But the Rev. Pat Robertson — the conservative televangelist, outside-the-box thinker and man who once blamed the 2010 Haitian earthquake on a “pact to the devil” — sees Oct. 31st, uh, differently.

“That’s the day when millions of children and adults will be dressing up as devils, witches, and goblins … to celebrate Satan,” Robertson said on his program “The 700 Club” on Thursday. “They don’t realize what they’re doing.”

[Jeb Bush targets Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi emails during interview with Pat Robertson]

However outside the mainstream his views on Halloween may appear, Robertson is far from alone among Christians, according to a recent survey from LifeWay Research.

The survey revealed that 3 in 5 Americans believe Halloween is ‘all in good fun,’ but 21 percent refuse to celebrate the holiday and another 14 percent avoid the pagan elements, LifeWay reported.

What say you ATS? Recently I brought up these facts in a thread and was roundly shouted down by some that felt I was "attacking Christians."

Mr. Robertson, a beloved figure for millions of Christians, didn't quibble at all in his statement above.

Is this perspective that Halloween is Satanic only a fringe belief, or do many share this unique opinion?

Further, are there other elements at work here? Specific thoughts are a Dominionist cabal that seeks to slowly demonize a popular American holiday, media interests, and so forth?

Is there a conspiracy here? Or just a few bitter old spoilsports trying to spoil another holiday?

I thought this religious bag of wind died a long time ago. I can't believe he is still alive!!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The Trick... Or The Treat...
How Hard Can That Be...???
The Witch And Ghouls... Are The Reason We Pay Treat.
YAY America...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Went out as Scarface tonight...

Hail Satan...

Salam!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Errr who the heck is this Pat Robertson?

He can say what he wants and people can be as stupid as they like to follow this guy.

No law against being a loony preacher.... or stupidity for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join