It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Muslim use circular logic to debate Londoner regarding terrorism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Starts off with a drunk guy speaking his mind to a crowd of muslims gathering around a muslim speaker. After that quiets down a Londoner asks what the views are about terrorism as some people are interested in what he has to say. His response is, he doesn't agree with terrorism but as per the Q'ran, its gods will to slay the unbelievers and those who have attacked you. He uses the justification of US attacks on muslims abroad as the reason for terrorism yet, denounces terrorism as only a small select few in a larger group.

*Circular logic 1 -god says it's ok, but it's not us all doing it just a few (justification, denounce, justification

Thankfully, the man in the crowd that asked the question makes a subsequent question to catch the hypocrisy. He asks, then why are UK born Islamists attacking UK born citizens which have nothing to do with what's happening abroad? Response? It's just a small number of them that do it, not reflective of the entire religion. "I don't agree with 911 or 7/7" he says, then points to the Q'ran and says. It doesn't matter what I say anyway, I could lie to you. It's what it says in the Q'ran. Then proceeds to use the fact that no one who has read it is qualified to argue about it.

* Circular logic 2 - Says the actions of the few do not reflect the actions of the many. Then says the Q'ran supersedes his word anyhow. (Denounce, justification)

To play devil's advocate:
Just about every religion on earth uses circular logic.
To play devil's devil advocate:
Moderate muslims do nothing to stop extremist viewpoints from propagating radicalism

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've one question, regardless of what flavor.
Why must one read an entire religious text to know its BS?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I've one question, regardless of what flavor.
Why must one read an entire religious text to know its BS?

You mean you don't have to eat the whole sandwich to know you don't like the taste? Lol

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
Hi
Muslim here .fly solo it seems you are doing the same thing by using selective opinion to somhow porject that this suposed muslim opinion represents Islamic belief.

Go figure . why am i not surprised....

This Muslim man speaking is khuaraij ideology.

He's wrong on so many lvls.

As a Muslim my self if i were their i would slap the taste right out of his mouth.

Its not ok to lie period to anyone in Islam i have demonstrated this many times here on ATS and i have backed it with religious scripture. Its not ok to kill "disbelievers"

This video has circled around and has been around for a while the speakers in the video are from greenlane masjid home of guess who anjem choundry .

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'd like to see One Religion promote Love, Peace and Prosperity for all Mankind, the rest of them should be flushed down the toilet.

Hate Machines.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Religious fanaticism is destroying our whole world.

I know religious fanatics like this. One of the biggest no-no's is to talk badly about your fellow "brothers and sisters" in the faith. It is considered a bad mark on the religion itself, and disrespecting God. So, they turn a blind eye to bad things going on within their organization, or else, they minimize it by saying "it was only a few bad elders". Shshshhhh...don't talk about it.

If you criticize or expose it too forcefully, you are yourself condemned as an apostate or at the very least going against the organization. Speaking up too much about bad apples within the group is tantamount to rejecting the religion.

I think muslims are like this. They tell all of the world that terrorists are only a small percentage of their religion, and nobody rises up in anger against their fellow muslims and call them out as murderers and terrorists.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Hi, I appreciate your opinion so perhaps you should tell me if this man should be allowed to speak inaccuracies to a crowd of muslims? Why are others not slapping the taste out of his mouth?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Time to wake up because Muslims trade on how little we know about their culture. People argue about moderate muslims. What a stupid joke.

There is no such thing as a moderate muslim - you are muslim or you are not. There is nothing else - can't be if you think about it.

If you are not you are all fair game to their thugs whose only role is to convert you and if you don't convert willingly, you will be forced in the end. Watch how islam is making its present felt and pushing the envelope all the time.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

there is no defense, the day i see such a crowd will be a interesting day indeed...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

OK, watch this for enlightenment from Moderate Muslims.

Moderate" Muslim "Peace" Conference

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is just one guy in Europe with a moderate view of Islam, now that's scary

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
As a Muslim my self if i were their i would slap the taste right out of his mouth

I am sure you only meant this metaphorically, but this Islamic sectarianism is part of the problem. Inthe secular and liberal West religious intolerance has long been removed. No problem with religion being a personal thing, but this movement is a worry for many who see a threat to a liberal way of life.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I've seen that before and I'm still scratching my head. What point exactly does he think he's making? All he is demonstrating is that even moderates are extreme as per western values. But somehow his attitude afterwards is that of triumph over a western misconception of what's "extreme". It's like saying, "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally"

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Actually you are wrong.

UK Muslims condemn ISIS terrorists

Link

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think muslims are like this. They tell all of the world that terrorists are only a small percentage of their religion, and nobody rises up in anger against their fellow muslims and call them out as murderers and terrorists.

Personally I think any religion that has people acting out on its behalf, killing people, need to publicly condemn the actions to separate themselves from those actions.

You hit the nail on the head.

It's all good and well Muslims say "Oh well we don't want that to happen, or those people are just a few bad apples." but then do nothing to actively stop it or speak out against it throughout their own ranks and outwards to the public.

When demands are made of them, or they are put in the spotlight, sure they will make concessions and say the politically correct thing, but they need to start acting out on their own accord.

Just like the RCC should be held accountable for the child rape in its ranks. For a long time it said/did nothing. Until it actively tries to stop this from happening and denouncing anyone in their ranks that are involved in it they are accomplices.

[The church has made some progress in the last 10 years. They've acknowledged some incidents, and also stopped covering it up to the degree they used to. How much progress I really don't know]
edit on 31-10-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Hi, I appreciate your opinion so perhaps you should tell me if this man should be allowed to speak inaccuracies to a crowd of muslims? Why are others not slapping the taste out of his mouth?

He's "allowed" to do what he wants.

As far as shria ruling on speaking without knowlege. Then No he should not be addressing people if he has not the knowlege to do so.

Its evendent that he is doing what we call bid'ah this is innovation of scripture. Meaning he's forming his own opinion and ideas about the said scripture. And his understanding is inaccurate .

This is a result of somone relaying the messsage to him i am sure.

This is a perfect example of how certain ideologys spread in Islam.

Same thing happens in Christianity .

The west burrow baptist church for example.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As long as Islam exists it is a threat to the security of the world

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Time to wake up because Muslims trade on how little we know about their culture. People argue about moderate muslims. What a stupid joke.

There is no such thing as a moderate muslim - you are muslim or you are not. There is nothing else - can't be if you think about it.

If you are not you are all fair game to their thugs whose only role is to convert you and if you don't convert willingly, you will be forced in the end. Watch how islam is making its present felt and pushing the envelope all the time.

This right here is another prime example of somone who has been condition and soaked up everything fed to him by the MSM and abrod.

Moderate muslim you say? Whelp as a Muslim my self who does not subscripe to extremeism , respects and honor the constitution, does not believe in the establishment of Shria law in non muslim country's, has non muslim friends..etc etc i would say i am moderate no? And guess what i am of the more strict form of islam namely (salfi) or the more derogatory term "whabi" .

So your idea about no moderate muslim is kaput.

Now lets address your "convert or die apporach"

What you obviously don't underatand is that this ideology about "convert or die" is a long uses to tool to scare people . many many many many times has that logic been refuted by muslims and believe it or not extremist to! Pretty bad when you have extremist refuting that.

If being muslim means to submit your will to god WILLINGLY! Then how can you force anyone to submit their will to god?

Do you see Muslims going around knocking on doors trying to get people to convert to islam? Nay! This would be counter to what islam teaches .

If one comes to Islam. We say INSHA ALLAH (god willing) not MAN willing.

So as a Muslim i am telling YOU you are fully inncorrect!

Standing by for the " its ok for muslims to lie to none muslims ,so don't believe him".

I'll refute that too.

Their is no conspiracy to take over the world . sorry dude!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Its evendent that he is doing what we call bid'ah this is innovation of scripture. Meaning he's forming his own opinion and ideas about the said scripture. And his understanding is inaccurate .

In Islam, Bid‘ah (Arabic: بدعة‎) refers to any innovations in religious matters. Linguistically the term means "innovation, novelty, heretical doctrine, heresy".[1] In contrast to the English term "innovation", the word bid'ah in Arabic generally carries a negative connotation. One tradition holds that the Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, told a companion to "avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error”.[2][3] Another more dire hadith holds, “Every bid’ah is a going astray and every going astray is in Hell-fire”.[4]

In classical Arabic literature (adab), it has been used as a form of praise for outstanding compositions of prose and poetry.[5]

Sounds like free-style preaching which carry negative connotations. And you say he is 'allowed' to do what he wants.

So let me get this straight so I understand correctly. You disagree with what this man speaks, yet condone his right to speak half-truths and twisted ideology which help propagate the lies of Islam? Don't let me put words in your mouth.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I'd like to see One Religion promote Love, Peace and Prosperity for all Mankind, the rest of them should be flushed down the toilet.

Hate Machines.

Janes maybe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join