It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find odd bright spots, could be another universe bumping into ours (Paralell Universe)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
So we now have scientific evidence of Heaven... cool.

How does "a parallel universe" = "Heaven"?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well that's interesting.
I always thought the multiverse is just a thought model and would forever stay unproven.
Maybe not, huh?
Uh what if this brightness will consume us all?!?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well my life pretty much sucks right now so I say game on.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I get totally lost reading this because in my simple mind we can't see the edge of space to see if there are other universes out there. But why should another universe not be visible to us, is it just the huge distances or is our universe too full of stars, dust etc for us not to be able to see others? Could someone explain in quick and easy terms?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Unless I am mistaken the mindset has been there is one universe that contains all the galaxies we can see and cannot see.

This data is theorized to show a second universe, which traditional science says is only theoretical. Also if I am not mistaken the idea of more than one universe would have them existing in a different space time continuum than the one we live in now. I think it would vibrate at a different frequency than our universe does, making it invisible / unreachable 9using todays science).

Like I said in my op this is way out of my area...

anyone with more noggins have a better idea?
edit on 31-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: strongfp

Its not just you.. It feels like we are hitting a tipping point on rewriting a lot of our core scientific principles and our understanding of them among other things.

In other words... we don't know squat.

And isn't it liberating?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In addition to what Xcathdra said, let's not forget that our brains work as circuit breakers. They are designed to keep things OUT. We don't actually SEE most of what is all around us, which makes it difficult - but not impossible - to perceive what we are not "designed" to perceive.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Those damned inter-cosmic beings taking all our jobs. I saw we put up a wall and stick to our guns!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The best way I can tell you to look into dc comics multiverse theory
en.m.wikipedia.org...(DC_Comics)

Look at DC comics they have 52 known universes each vibrates at a different sonic frequency and have evolved at different rates each universe would contain a copy of you but the choices and environmental effects of said universe would cause you to be two or 52 different people all together.

A prime example is looking at superman from Earth prime and ultraman they are both superman in power scope but ultraman is evil as is his entire world.

It is theorized thst at every major event in our time line a rift and new universe is created one for each possible outcome to said event. For example the time line would split at the end of ww2 and a universe would be created in which the naizis would have won another where we win and possibly more leading to an innumerable amount of universes could exist.

It is a mind bending theory and if you play with it long enough you can literally mold the universe until you are king of the world and hold power of life and death over everything.

There are also sub theories on it ranging from blackholes are the gateway to other universes, that alien and ufos are actually extra deminsional beings from said parallel universes and so on and so forth it's interesting to say the least.
edit on 31-10-2015 by crimsongod21 because: add link

edit on 31-10-2015 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2015 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Could this leaking maybe theorize that our universe and other universes expands because of that?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What a joke, we don't even know how big is our universe and what really is the universe, the more we discover the less we know.
All the time we discover "stuff" that goes against what we know.
Dark matter, dark energy, parallel universes, big bang, black holes etc..

With don't even know what is real and the true nature of reality. We know nothing

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: glass87onion
What a joke, we don't even know how big is our universe and what really is the universe, the more we discover the less we know.
All the time we discover "stuff" that goes against what we know.
Dark matter, dark energy, parallel universes, big bang, black holes etc..

With don't even know what is real and the true nature of reality. We know nothing

You didn't know that?

Whenever I get depressed for whatever reason, that's what I remember: we know nothing.
It's the best antidepressant there is.

edit on 31-10-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdAstra
It's the best antidepressant there is.

Mandarin orange vodka and Mountain Dew is a very close second, possibly even a tie for 1st place.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Remember when we thought the world was flat?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Remember when we thought the world was flat?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Veil us crumbling....

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not a scientist, much less a physicist, but this story sounds like layman's science.

Universes bumping into one another? As they occupy their own space and time...indeed, they create their own space and time...how on earth could they affect other universes?

They're not things, like billiard balls, which can collide with one another.

What crap is this?

It sounds like a bad Dr Who story.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"may" "might" "might have" "may have" "could" ..am i the only one who s tired of media using those verbs in the headlines ? I feel like there have been tons of headlines recently about space exploration with those verbs in it. It could be parallel universe but it could also be billion other things, so the MSM picks the headline that will generate more clicks. /rant off

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I'm not a scientist, much less a physicist, but this story sounds like layman's science.

Universes bumping into one another? As they occupy their own space and time...indeed, they create their own space and time...how on earth could they affect other universes?

They're not things, like billiard balls, which can collide with one another.

What crap is this?

It sounds like a bad Dr Who story.

But that's just you not comprehending it.... I'll happily admit I don't understand it either, but I'm a big fan of "if the human mind can imagine it, it is possible".

Somehow I can "sense" that this is entirely possible, however I have NO idea how the math behind it works, much less, how it works physically.
For what I know, something could happen tomorrow that would turn our universe inside out without warning.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this little "discovery".

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

So we now have scientific evidence of Heaven... cool.

How does "a parallel universe" = "Heaven"?

Well we haven't found it in the clouds yet

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join