It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find odd bright spots, could be another universe bumping into ours (Paralell Universe)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Scientists find odd bright spots, could be another universe bumping into ours

Scientists believe they have found proof of parallel universes, a phenomenon that they have long been theorizing about. Astronomers have detected peculiar bright spots that lead them to think another universe is bumping into our own.

The finding comes from analyses of data of the cosmic microwave background (CMB) –essentially the Big Bang echo left behind - collected by the European Space Agency's Planck Space Telescope.

The scientist behind the research, Ranga-Ram Chary of Pasadena-based California Institute of Technology, has noticed that some light spots in the CMB were glowing 4,500 times brighter than expected.

This made Chary think that it could be a sign of a neighboring universe “leaking” into ours, the New Scientist reported.

Given that modern cosmological theories are speaking of a “multiverse” following the Big Bang some 13.8 billion years ago, such a collision scenario is quite possible.

Chary did not look at the CMB itself, but instead he created its model from Planck’s picture of the entire sky and “cleared” it from stars, gas and dust. Therefore, there should have been nothing left except just noise. However, this was not the case once Chary had studied the model at a certain frequency range. There were far too bright patches on the sky. If this proves to be true, it could mean that they are consequences of “cosmic fist-bumps” as our universe rammed into another, or vice versa.

Click link for remainder of article...

This is outside my area so I thought I would post for others. The thinking is the bright spots denote a collision between our universe and a parallel universe.

An interesting and exciting find if confirmed.

The anisotropies of the Cosmic microwave background (CMB) as observed by Planck © esa.int

ESA - Planck Legacy Archive: A guide to why and how

ETA -
* - Mystery bright spots could be first glimpse of another universe - New Scientist
* - Cornell University - Spectral Variations of the Sky: Constraints on Alternate Universes
edit on 31-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Interesting stuff.

edit on 31/10/15 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Either that or it has another interesting explanation. In any case, this 'bright spot' should provide researchers with a few published paper opportunities. If it is another "universe" would the same bright spot occur on its end? Maybe they've been on to us for years, and by years I mean billions.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Have heard of this before. I think "Through the Wormhole" touched on the idea that the bright spots appeared to be pulling galaxies towards this area of our universe. Speculation that another nearby universe outside ours is close and exerting a pull in that part of our universe.

Definitely interesting stuff. Not sure if we can even get a good hypothesis.

Of course I am still hung up on Cosmic Background Radiation being the "sound" of the Big Bang...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So we now have scientific evidence of Heaven... cool.

edit on 31-10-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I feel like this statement of another paralell universe is a huge leap.

Considering we are using low-tech (compared to super advanced tech a type 2 civilization might be using) to look at unknown sources of light, forever and ever and ever away from the lens of said low tech

It's like guessing what's behind "Dooooor number 2!". We have no idea, just assumptions.

A lot of over sensational headlines hitting the space field as of late. Artificial structures around foreign stars. Lights on moons. Rover still sifting through red dirt. And now paralell universe based on tiny specs of light on a decent device...

Could be anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is it just me or, does it seem like astronomers and physicists, etc. have been coming out with more and more 'strange' findings lately?
With all this technology at their finger tips, they seem to be flooded with all sorts of exciting information, and it's kind of hard to take it as fact, but more of a wild theory or guess. I mean back when Carl Sagen first published his Cosmos the same sort of this happened, and a lot of the known universe back then as almost been justified or proven wrong.
It sure is an exciting time for knowledge in our universe, but they really need to slow it down with conclusions here.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hrmmmmsssss.............OMG If this is true then it would go a ways in understanding much. Raise the shields and hyperspace here we go. Now all we need is a computer that could plot the destination. We are no wheres near that yet however except for those pesky black triangles perhaps. This theory demands infinity.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Could be regions of antimatter left over after the expansion and in a process of annihilation, the early universe was theorized to contain a lot of antimatter. Lots of speculation to be had here.
Nice one for posting.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Timelines merging? The other day I woke up around 5pm EST and thought a day had passed. For about 5 seconds, I completely lost my sense of time. Weirdest experience ever.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Since the website mentions The New Scientist, here is the article they were presumably quoting:

www.newscientist.com...

(If this link was included in the OP, I missed it - sorry about that.)

Very interesting.
But, as another poster here said: it could be anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It's not just you.
Lately I've been seeing headlines that made me roll my eyes, sure that the "findings" in question would be traced back to some "alternative" website or worse - like the astrophysics department at The Sun, the News of the World, that sort of thing.
Lo and behold: it turned out it was from mainstream sources, most of them perfectly - conventionally - reputable ones.

It's odd. In fact, it's a little eerie.
It feels like something has been going on, maybe for awhile now.
Is it that they can't keep the lid on it - whatever it is - for much longer?
Or is it that they are so greedy for funds they're willing to jump through hoops now?

edit on 31-10-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Who needs sci-fi when you got science doing it?

Science trumping SciFi these days with the what if scenerios

edit on 231031America/ChicagoSat, 31 Oct 2015 11:23:17 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

Original article was from RT News. I added your link as well as one from the article itself to the op.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Its not just you.. It feels like we are hitting a tipping point on rewriting a lot of our core scientific principles and our understanding of them among other things.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Its not just you.. It feels like we are hitting a tipping point on rewriting a lot of our core scientific principles and our understanding of them among other things.

In other words... we don't know squat.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
In other words... we don't know squat.

What would be the point of life if we knew everything? Kind of takes all the fun, wonder and excitement out of it. I still maintain I was born in the wrong century. I would rather be exploring the galaxy in person instead of from earthly observations.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know who much of what is being picked up is something mysterious. They're hiding data. NASA related that we're passing through a Hot Fluffy cloud, ie our solar system, with magnetic strips that from what I undertand, are in our solar system, or compressing it. I think that is a super nova and a cycle.

I've read threads on Eta Carina for example.

I can't imagine how they would be picking up normal background energy now.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I would rather be exploring the galaxy in person instead of from earthly observations.

Exploring it or exploiting it?

Coronado fancied himself an "explorer" too.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Pretty sure I type explore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join