It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police no longer going to work 'the beat'.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hello ATS. This topic is close to my heart as I have witnessed police stopping crimes happening many, many times on the 'beat' purely by being around. Especially our rabid, fatherless, fearless, psychopathic youth in Liverpool. I've seen countless wannabe crooks thwarted merely by the presence of the bobby. I have myself been the beneficiary of bobby protection, they stopped me being beaten up for the mistake of LOOKING at someone in this hell-hole that is modern day Britain.

I have personally witnessed a McDonald's being set on fire from having fireworks fired at them by youths and saved by the beat bobbies who responded and rounded all of the scum up, carting them off appropriately. This saddens me to no end as I get on well with bobbies and they are always so polite and helpful. I've never seen a 'bully on the beat' in my entire life, except when the 'matrix' police went round in their unmarked vans. A similar crime to this happened recently and was not even responded to, more on that in a minute.....

So imagine my dismay when I heard the latest from the bureaucratic mess that is the British police force. -
"We can't afford bobbies on the beat, claims the police chief paid £250,000 a year: Top officer says patrols do not help to cut crime or make people feel safer" < Utter chaff. Complete and outright LIES.

This is UTTER nonsense as far as I'm concerned, especially where I live, the youths will now go batpoop MENTAL knowing this. Already yesterday (my gf is store manager of a McDonald's) they've had two fires and been threatened by youths. They have had the windows smashed and fireworks fired DIRECTLY AT CUSTOMERS eating their lunch MID DAY. The police didn't even respond. No one was sent out and no phone call back was made..... Is this it now then, we're all left to fend for ourselves or make a skype call?

The police have always, in a way, been a reactionary force, however bobbies on the beat DO provide comfort for those of us who live in areas with complete scum bags who'd rob you on a whim. The fear of a bobby nearby stops that. Now they're gone let's see what happens to the crime rates shall we? People don't like this, for good reason. I don't know the culture in America, but if you come to Britain and visit a poorer area you'll see first-hand, after 6pm at night you'd better hope you don't need to walk anywhere because God help you if you do ESPECIALLY if you're 'alt' culture.

Tell me ATS, if we can bomb Syria and Afghanistan, as well as pay out millions of MP's expenses whilst also giving Brussels money - how the HELL can we not afford to keep our own people safe, or comforted. I, myself, am a manager of a large chain, and the people I speak to all think this is a terrible idea, and frankly, they're afraid. What say you ATS?

Some reading material below....

End of bobbies on the beat - Note the "Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary warned neighbourhood patrols - or beat bobbies - could become endangered". Oh really, so what about the public who now have to fend for themselves against a new rabid youth?

Strained forces - Again note. Merseyside Police, which could see teams including those which investigate sexual offences, hate crimes and serious and organised crime slashed. I live in Merseyside and I can tell you that the 'talk' amongst the people round here is they can't wait...... To commit crime that is.

But then ATS we have this...... in the same vain as cuts, here's something they wont back down on.

All your history is belong to us AGAIN to note. "Officers want to be able to access a log of homepages visited, but will not, however, have access to the records of internet searches and social media messages". So WHAT'S THE BLOODY POINT. Social media is always portrayed as the recruiting ground for the activities this is supposed to stop! Madness!

I wont lie ATS I'm a little scared of the latest developments from the police. It seems that we're about to lose a lot of our police force and the yobbo's are already crowing about it. Old people are afraid enough as it is and now we're being told that crimes could go completely un-investigated.

Is this another in the plan to make the population turn against itself through civil unrest via the Hegelian dialectic, or simply bad monetary policy, once again, effecting millions of people with zero accountability and/or repercussions? What's your opinion ATS?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

What is happening is so obvious its impossible to ignore.

These corrupt dicks, cameron and the elite are deliberately underfunding our police force so they can bring in private security companies/militias in order to protect themselves against growing public anger, especially about the distance between the wealthy and the poor. These militias will also run private prisons and are guaranteed public funding from corrupt politicians. Our freedom is slowly being corrupted and being taken in the not too distant future by force from us by government that supposedly looks after us.

These private forces won't give a damn about the public and will be here purely to keep anyone who complains, points out their corruption or dislikes the way the elite steal from the public out of circulation.

You can see what's happening in the guise of fighting terrorism. Sure there are a lot of stupid ignorant and vicious religious oriented thugs out there, but by following existing laws and taking just the poisonous hatred spreading immans out of circulation,most of this problem would go away. Terrorism, groups like ISIS and things like that are being constantly created in order to bring in stringent laws that will ultimately control the public's freedom of speech and decision making.

This policy has been thought up some time ago and is following a slowly, slowly fool the public process.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Great idea. .
We're accepting thousands daily from war torn lawless countries and we're getting rid of police from the streets..

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm in Texas. Not many "bobbies" around here. They get their ass pumped full of shot pretty quick.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm glad I'm in Texas. Not many "bobbies" around here. They get their ass pumped full of shot pretty quick.

I'm glad I'm not in texas then.....

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

I think there may be a English/American English disconnect happening here.

Skunkape: 'Bobbies' are the cops, the good guys, in this case.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If you see being a de clawed cat in the middle of a jungle as a preferable situation, feel free to enjoy your opinion and its consequences. Nobody with any sense starts any trouble in my neck of the woods.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Of course they are, all part of the master plan.

Take away the only small bit of income some people receive through the Welfare reforms and then suck the life out of the Police budgets, leaving every day folk exposed.

Don't worry though, as long as you have access to Skype, you can contact your local Police station and they will try to deal with your crisis.

Meanwhile, the politicians surround themselves in a wall of security, with many officers involved. Makes total sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm surprised they even have "worked the beat" up until this point. I thought community policing was dead in the modern era.

In Australia police are just people who roll around in there patrol cars harassing people, when there not stuffing there faces with free Mcdonalds. Occasionally, they'll rock up when there actually needed, to look tough and crack a few heads of people stepping out of line.

But apart from that, revenue raising government pawns, is all they really are. The last thing I feel when I see a copper, is safe!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I agree with that, however, what I see isn't some Isis fighter bringing in terror (though I'm sure they'd love to) but over-privileged, very British, morally decadent youth. Ill-disciplined roving gangs of 20+ lads walking round in groups of 8 to 10 just causing utter panic and fear.

The bobbies used to split them up, and follow them until they just gave up, or in rare cases arrested them. Now they're all over the place, threatening me on my way home from work because I 'looked' at one of them. I'm a big lad, but I don't fancy my chances against 10 or more rabid youths who'd stab me for an i-pad. Never mind my £1000 racing bike I use to get to work.

I see old people not going out after 5pm for fear of being ridiculed or beaten up. After 6pm here is like some weird Nazi film were no one was allowed out except roaming gangs. Only two days ago someone tried to bait my dog over for a fight with his 3 pitbulls. It was terrifying. Now the bobbies are gone, where's the incentive to behave? Where is, even if small, that fear factor for do-evilers? We don't have weapons or guns like Americans do. They DO have knives and bats..... I've had two pulled on me, again for the sin of just walking by......

I can honestly see this being the straw that breaks the camels back here. This societies moral decline, coupled with the rancid, uneducated youth are going to explode. Couple that with sever un-employment and BOOM there goes the future.

Maybe I'm over-reacting but I'm just a normal guy with no enemies and I get threatened almost daily by these insane people just going about my business. What am I to do, Skype an officer? Last time I called them, when the guy baited my dog they almost arrested ME! For being out WALKING my damn dog!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That's my problem! I's just a normal guy going about my business and I'm threatened almost daily. Where's the deterrent for me? I'm a very big guy (not kidding or bragging) and last time I knocked 3 of them out I almost got killed by their 'mates'. It's stupid. You can't fight this on your own, it's mob mentality here. and in most of Liverpool. Not sure about down south but up north it's almost every man for himself!

Apparently they were "only joking" when they tried to push me off my bike, and when slapped proper they told me I over-reacted and was a dead man. This is how it is I guess. When the police were told they said basically they don't handle private matters!!!! It's just insane!

I've had trouble almost every day for the last 2 years. Not the same people either. I have to travel to work sometimes and it's the same everywhere. People throwing rocks at me, trying to start on me for not looking at the floor whilst walking and threatening to steal my bike. Id I wasn't the size I was I know i'd have been a victim by now for sure.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

These private forces won't give a damn about the public and will be here purely to keep anyone who complains, points out their corruption or dislikes the way the elite steal from the public out of circulation.

Not only that but many of these private security firms that will eventually faze out local police forces will be hired from other countries, you could eventually have Chinese private security patrolling the streets of the UK.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I think there may be a English/American English disconnect happening here.

Skunkape: 'Bobbies' are the cops, the good guys, in this case.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought the "bobbies" were the bad guys. We don't call the cops much around here. It's generally frowned upon. Much different in the boonies than the city. The locals do a good job of maintaining the peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I'm surprised they even have "worked the beat" up until this point. I thought community policing was dead in the modern era.

In Australia police are just people who roll around in there patrol cars harassing people, when there not stuffing there faces with free Mcdonalds. Occasionally, they'll rock up when there actually needed, to look tough and crack a few heads of people stepping out of line.

But apart from that, revenue raising government pawns, is all they really are. The last thing I feel when I see a copper, is safe!

Yea, I'm in Texas and we've not seen "community" policing in 40 years. Cops here are basically "clean up" crews. That's why we have such liberal gun laws. You report a burglary of your home and the first thing the cops ask you is if any guns were stolen. If you happen to have been present in your home when it is broken into, the cops response is...."its up to you to protect your lives and properties". Its generally accepted here that tresspassers will be shot and the cops called in to haul off the dead.

We have a generally speaking, very polite society, especially in the rural areas.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Abandoned by your saviors?

Might want to consider a second amendment.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I'm puzzled by the situation in UK.
Don't people in UK move when the "neighborhood" goes to crap?
In the US its just expected a person/family will have to move 5 or 6 times in a lifetime to stay one or two steps ahead of the rot.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I'm sure that many where I live would be jubilant if the police went away.

I'd gather a few friends and start a community watch of some sort....see if it picks up any interest in the neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Very well said sir.a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
In the US its just expected a person/family will have to move 5 or 6 times in a lifetime to stay one or two steps ahead of the rot.

But hold on there dude! I thought it was solely because of the 2nd amendment that kept the so called "rot" from closing in on the good folk?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The problem started when the police were given cars. They used to walk the beat before, then they drove the beat and then decided to only be a retro- active force. That's not being a deterant(on the beat) but just react to calls for them or on their own innitiative to run anti- drink or anti-speeding campaigns. Yes the police are underfunded but it their choice not to patrol or respond to, what they claim as minor crimes, incidents.
If they are going to pull back on our security we MUST be allowed to defend ourselves(without fear of arrest) no matter what that may involve. BUT THEY WILL NOT. If, through defending your home or yours and your families lives, you injure a criminal you can bet your bottom dollar the full weight of the law WILL drop on your head.
They can't have it both ways if they police us fully or not but don't cry wolf at those consequences.

<<   2 >>

join