It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 13 years I'm giving up medical treatment for my brain tumour

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
I don't normally talk about this to anyone. Not in my daily life, and especially not on a public forum. But for some damn reason, this seems like the proper time and place. I share it not to sway you, but to give you the perspective of a man who lost someone due to a brain tumor.

My birth mother died from a brain tumor at 16 years of age. Four months after giving birth to me. All I have are pictures, and other peoples memories of her. She fought with severe headaches, blackouts, and so on from the time she was a little girl. Everyone tells me she was a trooper, and never let it get the best of her, in the sense that she was always loving and caring to everyone around her. A truly sweet person. Today, she probably would have lived much longer, as you have. Back then, the surgery was high risk, and she didn't make it.

All I can tell you is this from my perspective. As much as I would LOVE to have known her, I wouldn't dream of putting her, or anyone else, through any more torture than what she had gone through already in her short life. My advice is simple. Leave as many good memories for those close to you as you can. It's more important than you can imagine.

edit on 10/31/2015 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I am speking out of my ass because I have no "real" idea what you have been through in your life.

But No matter how bad it gets , being dead is going to be worse..

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You have fought for 13 years, don't give up now. Your life is worth fighting for. I think you will know when you've had enough and then the decision will make itself. You will likely feel peace and acceptance.

But please, KEEP FIGHTING IT. You are a great person and so brave.

xoxoxo

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Targeting Cancer with Genetically Engineered Poliovirus (PVS-RIPO)

www.cancer.duke.edu...

A Statement on Eligibility for Enrollment in the PVS-RIPO Trial. The PVS-RIPO trial is available for recurrent glioblastoma patients with only one tumor. The tumor must be surgically accessible; the size must be no smaller than 1 cm and no larger than 5.5 cm, and the tumor must be located at least 1 cm away from the ventricles. Prior exposure to bevacizumab (Avastin) is permitted. For further information please contact the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke at (919) 684-5301.

www.cancer.duke.edu...

www.medicaldaily.com...

60 minutes video here:
www.cbsnews.com...

This Virus can only infect Cancer cells. It is working... please see the video.

Your post today was strange timing... I had just been made aware of this very recently.
edit on 31-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

You have fought for 13 years, don't give up now. Your life is worth fighting for. I think you will know when you've had enough and then the decision will make itself. You will likely feel peace and acceptance.

But please, KEEP FIGHTING IT. You are a great person and so brave.

xoxoxo

I feel I have to second this.
I have a very good Friend who was given 5 months to live back in 2013.
He gave up on his meds as, and I quote "I'd rather 5 months of being able to enjoy the time I have left than spend it medicated and bed ridden."
For the last 2 years or so He's travelled extensively around Europe indulging his favourite pastimes. Fine food, Wine and Art.
I am so pleased to say that He is still with us and He like you, Woodwardjnr has been an inspiration.
I think what I'm trying to say is that theres always hope. The number of positive replies you have had is a testament to you as an ATS Memeber and a remarkable Human Being.
Keep fighting Brother because the World needs People like you.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Woody and I are watching the World Cup Rugby together via Facebook chat.
Im going for Australia, he's going for New Zealand.

This could get ugly!
We have decided to talk sports and rubbish, and not talk about his tumor so it gets the hint and just buggers off for good.

edit on 31-10-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I am very moved by your story and glad to read that you want to fight on.

As to the last part of your post, it has brought me comfort in dealing with my mom's death, in 2012, to read what those who have had near-death experiences have to say. Out of the hundreds I've read, I think I've only read two that were somewhat negative. Pretty much across the board those who have had NDE's describe them as the best experiences they've ever had. Some are religious, but many are not. Perhaps you might find reading them comforting, too.

I'll be sending good vibes your way!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hungarian-American author and MD Laszlo Bito, in his eighties, dedicated one of his recent books to the idea of dying with dignity. He calls it eutelia, not euthanasia (which does not really answer the questions he poses as a philosopher doctor).
Laszlo Bito
I feel for you.
At this point it matters what your belief system is, and perhaps not at the conscious level but at a deeper level.
Mine allows reincarnation but I am flexible. Wisdom matters for sure.
Some sort of cosmic fullness is at the unity of life and death, that much I explored.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Chemo destroys the immune system so the tumors come back faster for many people.

Build up the immune system with high doses of D, you need magnesium and K2 to absorb the calcium properly, not little 1000 iu pills. Research vitamin D foundation, and C.

And start looking into alternatives. A naturpath and good diet with raw beets and organic cabbage, slaws like that daily and P'audarco tea , sipping on it with honey all day long.

But please, look into medical marijuana tinctures and oils. In addition, baking soda and molasses, and every other one.

Giving up on chemo is not the same thing as giving up.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank you for your inspiration Wood. I think your idea of the radiation therapy for the second time makes a lot of sense. While I do not want you to suffer, hanging around to become an uncle is a worthy goal. Maybe as a backup-plan you could consider making some Video recordings for your to be born niece or nephew that could be played at certain times of their life, like a birthday, graduation, when they become an aunt/uncle or have a child etc. That way you can still be part of their lives no matter what.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AntigravityField

Great idea!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Okay, short and sweet.

I have a very simple philosophy in life: live as long as you can and die when you can't help it.

Not that there's anything wrong with death; it's part of a natural cycle we all go through.

Indeed, we've already been through it.

Before we were conceived.

My best wishes to you, my friend...you're too young to be going through something like this.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That's great to see the responses here encourage you to keep battling. 13 years - everyone can obviously see you are one helluva fighter

I know you said you're not asking for medical advice but feel it's at least worth mentioning DCA. It's something I first read about here on ATS as one of those (dime-a-dozen) suppressed miracle cures, but the backstory behind it was intriguing enough to keep an eye on it over the years. There's a lot of varying info you can find googling, but from what I've seen some of the most positive effects have come from treating brain tumors in particular.

The only personal element I can add to the story is last year I met a cancer researcher while camping with some friends and friends of friends. We had one of those epic up-late-talking-about-deep-stuff-around-the-fire sessions, and at one point DCA came up. He confirmed some pretty encouraging things - that the science behind why it works is very good, and there have been a lot of positive outcomes in testing, but the hangup still lies in developing treatments that minimize and control side effects mostly.

Point being - it's not necessarily a miracle cure, but it's definitely not a scam like most advertised miracle cures. I know there are clinics out there doing treatment with it now, particularly as an option for those at the end of their rope. Here's one with a list of case studies if you're interested:

DCA Case Studies

All the best to you - you've kept this thing at bay for 13 friggin years, so you've already proven it can be conquered.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I know you have struggled long and hard dear Woody and have been quite the warrior. You are such an inspiration is strength and courage. Just going through cancer once with surgeries and countless tests and doctors visits has left me rather traumatized. To this day, just having a regular check up makes my blood pressure rise and fills me with fear. I cannot imagine going through all that you have for so long.

I have known of your battles and often wonder how you are. I am glad you have decided to continue with some kind of treatment. I really hate goodbyes! Please know that you are well respected and loved here and we will be your side through every step of your journey.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well Woodwardjr, you know in yourself what you feel.... but you also know that someday's you feel like fighting and many, many others you feel like just letting whatever happens happen.
In a few days you'll feel that fire in your belly and you'll want to fight again.

You are an amazing person mate... decent, kind, fair and funny and extremely likeable.
And ATS and I'm sure, the wilder world, would be a hell of a lot worse off for you not being in it.

I know you're not to far from me ( I think you're near Banbury) and if you fancy a drink or a chat any time, let me know mate.

You've got a lot of people pulling for you mate. Take some strength from that.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup cheers blup thanks for those kind words your a legend mate

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: blupblup cheers blup thanks for those kind words your a legend mate

No need for thanks my man... and no way mate, YOU are the legend.
A true inspiration and someone with real dignity, civility and courage.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Well Woodwardjr, you know in yourself what you feel.... but you also know that someday's you feel like fighting and many, many others you feel like just letting whatever happens happen.
In a few days you'll feel that fire in your belly and you'll want to fight again.

You are an amazing person mate... decent, kind, fair and funny and extremely likeable.
And ATS and I'm sure, the wilder world, would be a hell of a lot worse off for you not being in it.

I know you're not to far from me ( I think you're near Banbury) and if you fancy a drink or a chat any time, let me know mate.

You've got a lot of people pulling for you mate. Take some strength from that.

i've got the week after next off and happy to hop on the Train for a Beer.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz no it was fun to watch it with someone who had a stake in the game and your online swearing was palpable, lost to the best team so fair does, being English I can't help take some pleasure in another's nation being beaten in a tournament

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join