It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of Feminist Group Supporting Hillary Clinton Accuses Bernie Sanders of Sexism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: InTheLight

I'm sure Hillary IS on one side of the issue. Most people are. No one in particular was shouting. Although people HAVE shouted about mass shootings and gun violence... That's what he was talking about.

Sanders was discussing mass shootings and saying that he thinks the two sides can reach an agreement if we really try. He wasn't even talking about Hillary AT ALL. Read his statement. You'll see he wasn't talking about Hillary.

Washin gton Post

Sanders' comments came on the heels of Hillary's publicized comments. His timing needs to be looked at as well as his policies.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So, he should watch his timing? Be careful not to say something on the same day as Hillary? Because that means he's sexist? Is that what you're saying?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So, he should watch his timing? Be careful not to say something on the same day as Hillary? Because that means he's sexist? Is that what you're saying?

They are both doing a back and forth jabbing dance. It is Hillary who is implying that he is sexist and she also claims to know him personally.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The three candidates will begin to criticize each other, it's the way the game is played. But I think calling "sexist" on every occasion that someone criticizes Clinton is over the top. But they will find whatever complaint they can find. Stay tuned. More to come from all three of them; they are just now starting to get warmed up.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
But I think calling "sexist" on every occasion that someone criticizes Clinton is over the top.

Exactly. She's uber-sensitive and watching for criticisms that she can turn into sexist attacks. She's USING her gender to accuse others of sexism... If that isn't ironic.

This happened back on Oct. 5th. Why didn't she say anything about it then? Only after Stephanie Schriock gave her the idea, did Hillary say something about it. She's had a month to think it over, if she was offended.

Women who jump at the chance to accuse someone of sexism give feminists a bad name. If women want equal treatment, they can't go charging "sexism" every time their opponent says something.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
But I think calling "sexist" on every occasion that someone criticizes Clinton is over the top.

Exactly. She's uber-sensitive and watching for criticisms that she can turn into sexist attacks. She's USING her gender to accuse others of sexism... If that isn't ironic.

This happened back on Oct. 5th. Why didn't she say anything about it then? Only after Stephanie Schriock gave her the idea, did Hillary say something about it. She's had a month to think it over, if she was offended.

Women who jump at the chance to accuse someone of sexism give feminists a bad name. If women want equal treatment, they can't go charging "sexism" every time their opponent says something.

It's easy to jump to that conclusion when his own team (all-male) makes condescending remarks about Hillary (unbeknownst to Sanders? Who is running his campaign any way?)

www.salon.com...
edit on 31-10-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The fact that this total non-issue is even being discussed is an indicator of just how screwed up US politics are in this 21st century.

I do not think Sanders is sexist, nor do I think Clinton thinks he is. It is a distraction. If he IS sexist, so what? If Clinton is sexist, so what? That has no more to do with qualifications for president than GW Bush's speech mannerisms.

If a devoutly religious person can represent this country adequately (something that is becoming increasingly in question), then a sexist person can as well.

But I don't think either of them, Sanders or Clinton is sexist, or really thinks the other one is. It's jibber-jabber.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

I was just thinking along very similar lines. Where do they stand on the issues? How have they voted? What is their record? Is it consistent? Do I trust this person? Do I agree with their positions? THAT'S what's important.

All this nit-picky crap about "He said this! and he meant..." whatever, is just distraction. I seriously doubt it's going to change one person's mind. It's irrelevant and insignificant. Jibber-jabber indeed!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hillary is possibly most qualified ever to run & Americans know it,” she wrote.

Hillary is also one of the most immoral to ever run and America knows it

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hillary is possibly most qualified ever to run & Americans know it,” she wrote.

Hillary is also one of the most immoral to ever run and America knows it

What thinking Americans know is that both of these statements are inaccurate.
edit on 31-10-2015 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: fix quoted quotes

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm not getting how this is sexist. Any more than Biden as Vice President is sexist. Honestly - if feminists want to be taken seriously they have to quit whining every time their favorite princess catches some flak

This is an election. What did they expect - that Bernie was going to campaign for Hillary?

She'd make a lousy vice president anyhow only because the simple truth is Hillary won't be taking a backseat to anyone

And good for her -

If she's smart - she'll have a little chat with some of her team and put an end to this kind of thing now
edit on 10/31/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I need to read before I post

So I'll just add - the gloves are coming off now. It's going to get uglier...

Any kind of sexism chatter is just going to backfire. I know who I'm for - but I also know that Hillary is a formidable opponent - this is going to be one of the more interesting campaigns we've seen in a while on the Dems side

Welcome to the party - even if it's only for this election

:-)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I hope it's a good race. I would love to see a more 'clean' competition instead of this underhanded stuff that we have become accustomed to. Hillary is taking her gloves off, but I don't think Bernie will stoop to that. He has NEVER run a negative ad in his political career. He talks about what's important to him, explains how he's going to get it done, and he points out the differences between his opponents and himself in a frank and respectful way.

I do think this sexism stuff is only going to hurt Hillary. Maybe she'll learn from it.

And yes, it's gonna be fun.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Bernie has a more subtle edge to him that goes unnoticed much of the time

I wouldn't mind a little bit of ugly - they are rivals and I like nothing more than a public battle of wits

Hillary is brilliant - and quick - but loud in a way Bernie isn't

Should be fun

:-)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is one of the many things I don't get about politics ...

Tearing each other down is not going to do anything to keep the White House and retake the Congress.

Democrats are not known for their ideological cohesion though.

Which is probably a good thing, seeing the other option in full force.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That Salon article is horrible. That woman has her head up her ass.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Just like Sanders' campaign team.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
I don't agree with much of Sanders policies but I believe he is sincere. Shame the feminists have to attack him on BS.

If I had to pick one of the two, I would have to pull the lever for Sanders.

www.nytimes.com...

Emily’s List Official Accuses Bernie Sanders Team of Sexism

Stephanie Schriock, the president of the group Emily’s List, which helps elect female candidates to public office, has seized on joking comments made by Senator Bernie Sanders’s campaign manager about vetting Hillary Rodham Clinton for his vice-presidential nominee.

“Look, she’d make a great vice president,” the campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, said of Mrs. Clinton to John Heilemann of Bloomberg Politics. “We’re willing to give her more credit than Obama did. We’re willing to consider her for vice president. We’ll give her serious consideration. We’ll even interview her.”

On Wednesday, Ms. Schriock wrote on Twitter that the comments were a “Condescending insult by a team who knows better.”

“Hillary is possibly most qualified ever to run & Americans know it,” she wrote.

Mrs. Clinton has tweaked Mr. Sanders as suggesting that she was “shouting” about gun control, an accusation he vehemently denied and which riled up his aides.

I am surrounded by social justice warriors and many feminists, many of them friends. In fact, one works at Hillary's Brooklyn headquarters.

Many of them are clamoring for her because they want a women in office. To me, she is a part of the sold out neo-cons in liberals' clothing types. I don't trust her at all.

Having the first woman in office is a goal we should strive for soon, but we shouldn't put a bad candidate in office just to reach that goal. The well being of hundreds of millions of Americans, AND other countries due to the power of the US, is more important than social justice goals such as a woman in office.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I have come to loath Salon for it's constant pandering to the social justice warriors.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hillary being a woman is going to be used on both sides of the aisle for both pro and con.

Interpretations of what is said and meant will be all over the map through this campaign.

I have vowed (to my self) not to fall into this trap.

As a Futurist Globalist my direction is forward. Where are we going. What moves us forward. Gender is irrelevant.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join