It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government hired internet trolls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Completely agree....Obama and his gangsters have really stepped up the troll game...it also applies to U.S. mainstream media and it's called propaganda. I look to Russia for world news these days, and I don't like Putin either, but he's probably the lesser evil...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
originally posted by: Barcs

That list is pretty silly.

That describes just about everybody arguing with anyone on the internet for the last twenty years.

How many times do you find "legitimite folk" willing to "upgrade their understanding if they see conflicting evidence?"

I was really referring to the science deniers as a whole. They have been infiltrated. I know that many of them are legitimate people of faith that have been duped by snake oil salesmen like Ken Ham. Ham is the ultimate troll and he has swarms of followers. There is no doubt in my mind that he has trolls out there that go to internet forums to spread the anti evolutionary word.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

You trust Putin? The same guy that said there were no Russian soldiers in the Ukraine?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I have to agree with you, if an ATS member only posts to the 9/11 forum as an active staunch supporter of the OS this is very suspicious. I have seen a few of these over the years some have stopped posting on ATS now. And never even come here anymore, they weren't banned either, I have to wonder was their contract finished ?

The one you mentioned could be a single account manned in 2 or 3 shifts by different people.

I agree.

I have notice a different in writing styles with this one particular poster from time to time.
I have seen a few that you mention that have stopped and their accounts are still active, but they are not posting anything any longer.

It certainly is suspicious.

edit on 2-11-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Absolutely, I think I know who you mean. Always uses the word "Truther" as a derogatory comment towards those who do not believe in the official conspiracy theory. This person is either a very sad individual or putting in that extra overtime to pay the bills.

It made national news that the UK government were hiring thousands of government paid "trolls" to sway public opinion. So no doubt other governments especially the US are doing the same.

I agree.

We all know how corrupt our government is and the Truth is the last thing they want reported anywhere.

For example, just look at our silly mainstream media, it's a joke, they are not informing the American people to whats really going on around the world.

I call the News entertainment, or better yet, propaganda media.

(post by Informer1958 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Informer1958 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958
Agree that governments pay attention to sites like ATS. Some countries perceive places like this as a hive of negative sentiment towards the government. Listen to some Putin speeches ... some of the turns of phrase and the way things are put shows tremendous counter / alt culture savvy.

Or just watch a North Korean documentary about how much the west sucks:

(Trigger warning: may contain scenes of war and suffering in some parts)
edit on 3-11-2015 by Pinke because: Warning

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
such underhandedness is a given. fortunately most 'paid trolls', or those with the behaviour of such, are perfectly transparent.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I trust Putin as far as I can throw him, which is much more than I trust Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Yea for real though, everybody agrees they're hired to do so but does anyone have a good idea as to
1. How they find people to hire
Request services from a private PR contractor
2. What kind of ppl do they hire from (I mean, it can't be one of those college job boards with 100 tabs at the bottom to tear off if interested that end up getting u an offer to sell knives)
A)Insulated compartmentalized career oriented pro-establishment suck up trained pet B)antisocial narcissists looking to feel like "mr. spy" C)Hand me down anti-terrorism suits that can't be put on real missions with real head chopping terrorists so they assign them to you.
3. Do they therefore only hire from within
Most likely a contractor/private firm that specializes in this
4. Could we be wrong about this (consider the implication- the gov would have to divulge the truth about superduperclassified & confidential topics)
what?
5. Does anyone here have anecdotal evidence or better yet tangible evidence that they've been approached for this? If so what did you end up doing and on what site? Who paid you and how much?
Corporations hire perception management firms to do operations(for their product line or brand) similar to this and its normal
All I can make sense of is that this could only work if they waited for real legit journalists who have discovered the truth and become pretty big (like Art Bell, David Icke, or Alex Jones) and convinced THEM to "turn to the dark side," for lack of better terms so nothing would need to be divulged, just X amount of money agreed upon to begin turning the info being leaked slowly but surely to what in the end will always end up being provable to be false, debunkable, historically wrong, originating from an untrustworthy source, etc. until this paid person himself is never again trusted about anything.

I know a few of them are on the 9/11 forum. Here are a few signs of a hired perception management shill.

1)They are on ALL THE TIME.
2)Hit and run putdown posts.
3)Criticize and demand evidence yet provides none themselves.
4)Astroturfed automatic bot response(look at youtube)
5)Groups of them suddenly come in to help the shill then leave and don't come back(when they think they have "won")
6)Divisive/racist post while supporting the subject.(look all the truthers are racists. Look all the Ufologists are mentally ill,Look all the anarchists are violent vandals and whiny kids,Look conspiracy theorists are mentally ill and right wing racists.)
7)Bumping ridiculous/divisive(racist/sexist/insensitive)threads over good informative threads.
8)No real debate on legit issues just labels and name calling.
9)soft trolling/dry trolling to cause flaming to make the posters look angry/crazy/silly.
10)heavy use of buzzwords and loaded language.(you will see this ALOT in the elections)
edit on 3-11-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: spelling

edit on 3-11-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I recognize all 10, and yes we still see this on the 911 threads.

These are the same tactic only used by OS supporters.

The fact is, I have never seen members who do not believe in the OS using any of these tactic.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Just look at alex jones youtube channel. There are 1000 rebel flags and jew obsessed haters on there just to make infowars look like a bunch of racist right wing(like there are no racist leftists lol) cult members.
edit on 3-11-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I encounter alot on youtube mostly. They are everywhere without a doubt.

One guy I found kept copy n pasting the same sentance, it went somthing like; " monkeys being smarter than truthers".

When i googled the exact phrase i found his username and that same sentance being used in posts as early as 2005! and consistantly till 2013, across countless difference message boards.

Pretty sure he was a bot because whenever i replied to it he responded in the same way.

can't remember exactly how it went, but i am certain it was a bot/hired shill. scripted responses.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Alex Jones resonates with those types.

Just like Vladimir Lenin resonates with leftists.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe it. Just like companies have people post good reviews for their own companies or bad reviews for their competitors.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sportbominable46
I believe it. Just like companies have people post good reviews for their own companies or bad reviews for their competitors.

I see this quite a bit on sites that rate restaurants. Usually it's blatantly obvious too. When reviewing other competitors they generally rate it the lowest possible rating and post some horror story about horrible service, and terrible food. Basically every facet about it is terribly bad. Then they post on their own with the best rating and every single category is the best they've ever seen. Pretty funny. Hotels do this as well on tripadvisor and other websites, often dishonestly.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it but TBH, the government doesn't need to hire trolls to obfuscate and muddle the issues. There are enough idiots out there who are doing it just for fun.

It's one thing when someone sincerely believes something and they're just wrong but there are a lot of trolls who just purposely cause as much confusion and chaos as they possibly can. Just because they can.
edit on 6-11-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join