It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government hired internet trolls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Barring extremely few instances, I don't really think any of us would have any idea whether someone was, in fact, a paid government poster regardless of where that poster was hailing from.

Hell, people think I'm paid by the government to post on ATS just because I'm in the army. The truth is, I'm on salary. I'm paid by the government to do just about everything in life.

I even get paid to play with my kids on the weekends.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

I don't think it's a question of if they do it, but what the scope of it is. There were cops who infiltrated the OWS movement, there were agents who infiltrated book groups after the Patriot act was passed, former military officials paid by the Pentagon to spread propaganda on TV... The list goes on and on. These tactics are so simple and pervasive that even political candidates are routinely caught sending operatives to their opponents' rallies.

The CIA often plants stories in foreign news sources which in turn get picked up by US news. No one can read or watch anything without at least the possibility of government involvement.

This stuff works on two levels. First, most people will hear the "official story" so much that they'll just assume it's true and go on with their lives. Second, anyone who wants to dig deeper really doesn't know what to trust.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Ohhh stop getting all paranoid on us. It is all very hyped. Remember, there are people who will hold an alternative view point to your own. You must realise that they believe their version as much as you believe yours. Some people are very pro the current system of things because they are doing very well out of it. I must admit I am not against it as such. I am just trying to tug on its skirts and remind it to be compassionate and look after us all, rich and poor, black and white.

I think it is very below the belt though to accuse people of being trolls and be sending personal messages to members. That is well out of order. Such people have the potential to ruin ATS with the gibberish of unwarranted distrust.

I have been accused of trolling many times. YES, I really do love Israel and defend its right to exist. YES, I do see all the good things that the West has done as we have possibly the most ordered and free societies in the whole world.

If you wanna be all paranoid and not trust your brother and sister go ahead, have fun, but I will continue to willingly suspend my disbelief and give people a chance.

ATS is one of the most gentle of forums really. It is top quality. That is why I come here. There is no threat here to democracy, just open debate that actually is the back bone of freedom and democracy. It is all we have to go on feeling our way in the dark of the future.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

That's fine and that's your opinion, you can say I'm paranoid and I can say your just close minded. Im sorry if I offend you with my post but I'm being a realist, several other countries of the world do this "trolling", if that's what you wanna call it so I'm basing my opinion on reality not paranoia.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Damn, need to find out where to apply.

I need a second income!

www.usatoday.com...

Maybe become a student in Israel and apply.

Also the JIDF accept anyone but I don't think they pay for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telepathy3
a reply to: Revolution9

That's fine and that's your opinion, you can say I'm paranoid and I can say your just close minded. Im sorry if I offend you with my post but I'm being a realist, several other countries of the world do this "trolling", if that's what you wanna call it so I'm basing my opinion on reality not paranoia.

You did not offend me even slightly. I am just trying to tell you that we are all coming from our own ideas and prejudices of what is important to us. Trying to remind you of this and to not make hasty judgements about people. That is why we have wars and political parties because we are at such loggerheads. Democracy is the best way of handling this and democracy is what we have.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I know who you're talking about. Personally, I say leave them alone.

Here's the thing, you really can't get rid of them because what stops them from creating a new account? It's just whack-a-mole. I'd rather know who he is and recognize the troll than have to worry about identifying his/her next avatar.

A trolls a troll. And a rolls a roll. And if we don't catch no trolls we don't eat no rolls. ......I made that up myself.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Exactly this.

The number of members bringing MSM propaganda and presenting it as fact has risen dramatically. So much so that you are indeed correct, they government does not need shills, they've got the population to do it for them.

We're currently in the middle of a propaganda war but very few notice.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Care to show those posts? .

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I really suck at searching on this site. Here's one thread I found

link

I know there was one much more recent, but I can't seem to find it.

And for the record, I believe precisely 0% of it

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Sounds like a nice gig. Where do I apply?

Is that a double bluff?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: mymymy

Care to show those posts? .

They get 404'd / closed / deleted so you may not be able to find very many of them.

I can confirm threads like this have happened multiple times on ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Yeah..seconded, i've seen several over the years..especially soon after the Snowden and Manning revelations got into full swing, but even before that, when some techie bright spark decided to trace - route the servers here at ATS and found the trail led them to 'Langley, Virginia'...

Probably deleted by now, but maybe not if it was thought it might seem too obvious to do so.

Either way, there have been threads like this before.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

. . many of us can figure out why the government hires people to perform troll-like services (not using 'bots), its the naive internet browsers that need to use common sense especially today with terrorists trying to have their way and sting operations are rampant
edit on 31-10-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There are everywhere and at least here, we can't even call them out. As soon as I try to type de S word concerning someone who really is one, my posts get erased.

The S word isn't just a random insult like some people here would like it to be, it's a clear and simple identification.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Frustrating...isn't it.

To pretend it is a demeaning term is to justify censoring posts containing it...even where the word is applied in it's original context, as an identification or enquiry of the same.

But, those are the breaks i suppose...the brass tacks are if we don't like it, we don't have to come here.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I know who you are referring to and agree he's hinky.

There is another one that fields every comment made about a certain controversy regarding Obama with race-baiting comments, too. That's the only subject that interests him for some reason, and racebaiting is the entire substance of his 'debate.'

Annoying.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

LOL,

That is no good.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is a war going on, a war on information.

Yes, there are whores who pander to the governments needs to project certain images of what should be known or not. Whores who muddy the waters, deflect, detract, distract and derail.

They are here, among us. Smile they are watching and listening.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Is this person a paid government troll, I don't know, however I find it very suspicious

I think you do know. Just as well as everyone on this site
who's spent two minutes on a 911 thread. He should be
getting paid just for the annoyance factor. Bring back
the ignore button for God sake? And let's not forget I caught
him posting disinformation to prove disinformation gets posted.

edit on Rpm103115v38201500000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join