It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three GOP Candidates Speaking At Hate Monger's Bigotry Fest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Metallicus

Speaking mainly for myself, but in defence of others too, not a single fibre of my being hates these people for their freedoms and especially not their faith...

As a matter of fact it's because they're so un-Christ like that my disdain for them grows...

And on the contrary, they're the reason they feel persecuted, not people like ante.

Exposing hate speech is not persecution...

& being persecuted for being hatemongers is their own doing.

Respectfully agreeing to disagree, buddy.

Somehow when we disagree I still feel good. No worries, brother.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

There's a big difference between being "persecuted" and being prevented from forcing ones beliefs on others using the power of the state.

A lot of those on the far right don't seem to understand that distinction.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Much appreciated, Will...

I'm actually blushing now.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Hehe.

Thanks mymymy, your input is always invaluable to myself...

And without going too far left of field I feel similar about my own Nation at times, just for different reasons.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

But God damn I must be 100% honest on these boards and the absolute nut cases are really starting to make me sick.
These stories just pile up by the day.

The insane extremists openly calling for genocide are the fringe but they're a very vocal fringe and they vote at higher percentages then most groups and they donate a lot of money which gives them disproportionate influence. It's concerning to see prominent politicians giving these lunatics legitimacy by speaking at their convention.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

But God damn I must be 100% honest on these boards and the absolute nut cases are really starting to make me sick.

The insane extremists openly calling for genocide are the fringe but they're a very vocal fringe and they vote at higher percentages then most groups and they donate a lot of money which gives them disproportionate influence. It's concerning to see prominent politicians giving these lunatics legitimacy by speaking at their convention.

The most scary part is, that we have some members saying that the likes of Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and Donald Trump aren't "right enough".

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Absolutely ante, for such a small group they're hella vocal about these "persecutions" ahem, blowback to tyrannical thought process more like...

You're right as well, it's pretty concerning.
These politicians should be distancing themselves from these AlQaeda-esque groups...
The dollar is an almost all powerful proponent in Life sadly.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

The most scary part is, that we have some members saying that the likes of Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and Donald Trump aren't "right enough".

Exactly, Muse, if they're the RINOs how far right is right enough?

Nice little photo on the last page btw, comical.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Cruz's father is a preacher who says that the government should take money and property from everyone who isn't an evangelical Christian- talk about persecution.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

My old self would never believe I would have ended up being a Christian defender, but people like you and others are constantly belittling and attacking them. They are entitled to their beliefs and frankly, only the one that feels persecuted really knows how it is to be them.

Belittling and attacking who? I'm speaking out against extremists who preach genocide and theocracy and the fact that three prominent American politicians who happen to be candidates for the office of President of the United States of America are speaking at this hate fest.

What I see here is a whole lot of hypocrisy on your part. I'm sure you would have something to say if Hillary, Sanders and O'Malley or hell, if Cruz, Huckabee and Jindal were speaking at conference organized by extremist imams preaching that millions of people should be stoned to death.

Why is Christian extremism better than Muslim extremism? Violent intolerance is violent intolerance is it not? Seems like you're trying to give somebody a pass.

Hopefully you never end up being in a class of folks that is persecuted. Now that the gays are accepted in the mainstream the Christians are the new group that is subject to ridicule and hate speech.

Anyway, they have a right to feel how they feel. You are the proof.

Apologists like you are the reason that politicians like these three have no compunction about aligning themselves publicly with the type of religious extremists who are actually destroying this country.

Conservative political correctness is out of control.

Stop pretending that all Christians are being persecuted, least of all by me. I'm married to one. I was raised in a religious (Catholic) household. I have nothing against Christians — I have something against extremists who preach violent intolerance.
edit on 2015-10-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Your OP made me chuckle, especially the first quoted sentence about Christians being persecuted. I lol'd when I got to Oregon, and Kentucky.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good write-up.

On the one hand we have whack jobs spreading fear against homosexuals, and on the other we have whack jobs spreading fear against Christians. Both sides feel persecuted by the other, one who feels there is a gay agenda, the other who feels there is a coming theocracy. Of course, both are equally specious and derrived from each other's chosen echo chambers.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Now I'm not saying ALL, but SOME Christians think that Almighty God will burn them forever if they don't oppose homosexuality. If you really do believe that, of course you're going to panic when suddenly it's illegal to do so. Go to jail in life or burn eternally in the afterlife. Quite the predicament.

Incidentally, I'm getting a bit weary of all this pro-gay PC stuff. I have nothing personally against gays, but ffs can we just shut up about everyone being "homophobic" already? It's the new "anti-semitism".

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I personally feel like these extreme examples which borderline on the ridiculous (i.e. gay marriage will destroy the institution of marriage for Christians or Obama is a Muslim) are philosophical false flags to distract from the very real examples of traditional Christianity being targeted and attacked. A Christian business owner *should* have the right to refuse service to anyone just as any business owner should have that right. A Christian *should* be allowed to wear a cross necklace whenever and wherever they wish to do so. A Christian *should* have the right to not see their earned money funneled into programs that support actions they see as sinful, such as abortion, birth control, and the like. These issues, when discussed by the media, are always focused on the extremists and the radicals rather than those who are sincerely just trying to ensure their consciences are clean and their Faiths personally upheld.

Yea just like I should have the right to refuse to serve blacks and hispanics. Just like in my transport business I should have the right to segregate. Just like in my "for profit" college I should be able to deny blacks access.

People are dumb. They equate personal freedoms of expression like wearing a cross to denying human rights. And lets be clear, you have absolutely no right to dictate where your tax dollars go.

Bigots hiding behind a priest's robes make me chuckle. Your country is utter sh#t.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Theres no hate anything in that. This is why pc liberalism is so ridiculous. The author does more hating in this thread than those he/she is attacking.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I understand why Christians might feel this way. I used to be a huge Christian basher...especially in college. I couldn't stand the CCC or Campus Crusade for Christ a-holes. However, that was nearly 30 years ago and things have changed. Threads like these are proliferating ATS and I have seen a huge change in the overall number of attacks on Christians.

My old self would never believe I would have ended up being a Christian defender, but people like you and others are constantly belittling and attacking them. They are entitled to their beliefs and frankly, only the one that feels persecuted really knows how it is to be them.

Hopefully you never end up being in a class of folks that is persecuted. Now that the gays are accepted in the mainstream the Christians are the new group that is subject to ridicule and hate speech.

Anyway, they have a right to feel how they feel. You are the proof.

I'm in the same boat as you. I eventually came to realize what I thought was socially acceptable and righteous was actually very wrong and off the charts hypocritical.
edit on 31-10-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Is this christian circle jerk convention just about them discussing/creating more ways to justify their religious persecution complex? I swear these guys want to live in a theocracy when you hear some of these people talk about # like this.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Theres no hate anything in that. This is why pc liberalism is so ridiculous. The author does more hating in this thread than those he/she is attacking.

There's no hate in accusing gay folks of being behind an agenda to rip children from their homes and deliver them into the clutches of pedophiles and to burn Christians at the stake? No hate in calling for a theocracy where gay people are put to death by the state?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Oh i see so you hate me brother : /

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
1) The world is filled with appalling ignorance on all sides.

2) There is no chance that any of these three are going to be elected POTUS. (Thankfully).

3) The tendrils of "Christian Dominionism" are real and growing. Anyone who fears "Sharia Law" should be at least as wary of "Old Testament Justice."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join