It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Hopes and Wishes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We love this time of year. I DO prefer warm weather, soft sand, aqua marine ocean, parties on the beaches but, there is just "something" about Halloween.
Maybe it's the anticipation of things that may go bump in the night. Maybe it's waiting by the door for all of the little ghost and goblins hungrily peering into the bowl of treats!
Maybe it's the trying to guess their names and them giggling and giving themselves away.
Maybe I'm hoping that the curtain is pulled back just enough for Mom to sneak in a message. Maybe in a dream, or a fragrance that reminds me of her, maybe the leaves swirling around on the front porch is from her breath as she tries to reach us...

Anyway, in our own little happy time we are carving pumpkins!
I didn't see an "official" contest this year but, would love to see what everyone is doing! We cancelled a party to just stay home and enjoy the night before Halloween with the kiddos and some close friends and family. It has been an extra long week!

Oh well, here's what we have so far...I told the S.O. "hang on I want a pic of the guts!".

My youngest daughter is going to name hers "Jayonce"...(not sure where that comes from)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Happy Halloween to you and yours. Please post some pictures when the jack-o'lanterns are done! I think Jayonce is a combination of Jay Z and Beyonce, but that is just a guess...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

Will do!
LOL not sure how good they will turn out as the S.O. beat me home and has been in the "spirits" (and I don't mean the Halloween kind)!

I will post soon, he has taken the candles from my pillar decorations because they couldn't find anything else...haha!

JayZ and Beyonce...not sure why I didn't think of that!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Me too, Hallowe'en is the best festival of all.
We've got pumpkin scooping to do tomorrow, and in fit of pride my daughter and I challenged my sons & husband to a boys v girls pumpkin contest.

So now we have to come up with something brilliant (it's ok, she's 6 and easily pleased
)
I hope you get a whiff of familiar perfume or your eye is drawn to a certain page in an open book and you have, for a moment, reassurance that there is more to this life than we know.

Happy Hallowe'en to you and your family,

B x

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

THAT would be fun, boys vs girls!

I wish that you and your young daughter win!

Please post your work! I would love to see it!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Lol, I will! Brace yourself for some crap vegetable art.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is a fun thread! More veggie art, please.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ha!Ha! I am braced!

My 15 year old is so proud of her art work. This is the first year she needed NO help! Well, she wanted no help...

Of course we had to go to the porch for photo ops. LOL!

I HUMBLY PRESENT TO YOU... "JAYONCE"!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Ha!Ha! I am braced!

My 15 year old is so proud of her art work. This is the first year she needed NO help! Well, she wanted no help...

Of course we had to go to the porch for photo ops. LOL!

I HUMBLY PRESENT TO YOU... "JAYONCE"!

Jayonce can only be described as elegant and classic.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Jayonce! Charming and classy. Friendly in the light; scary in the darkness. Just as a Jayonce should be.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
We carved three little pumpkins in our house last night. (Sorry, no pics). My 6 year old was right in there with both hands just loving the "innards" lol... We put all the seeds on a baking sheet with a bit of butter and seasoning salt, and roasted them. I do this every year, and the kids love them.
Tonight is a bit of unconventional trick or treating at a local mall. It's easier for us to do it that way. Then home again to hand out treats to whomever comes knocking. House is all decorated outside, and I will have spooky sound effects playing near the front door. Happy Halloween all!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Sounds busy AND fun!
My kids think they are too old to dress up and go door to door. My youngest wanted this really intricate face paint that one of the members had posted on here not long ago but, I can't find the post/thread.
I tell them all of the time, don't rush being a grown up. We just make it look fun, it isn't!

The local churches around the area do what is called a "trunk or treat" and members of their congregations park in a line/circle and hand out candy and such. Of course they hand out the usual "come to our church" brochures.
The idea behind it was to keep children off of the streets.

We used to have a parade down main street but a few years back some kids (not our local ones) had gotten hurt or maybe killed (I can't remember) by the floats. Businesses and different organizations/clubs would throw candy toward the sidewalk from their floats and kids would run and grab it up. That practice is no more. It may be banned across the state too. Don't quote me though!

My girls will want to go walking around the neighborhood, for sure, to scare themselves and I'm not real sure how late I want them out.
It is Halloween, a Saturday night, a pay week for many folks, and the first of the month.
One of my S.O.'s cop buddies told him yesterday at work "this weekend on duty is going to be fun!".
My S.O told him "yeah if you're a cop who also happens to be an a$$!"
They have bantered back and forth like that for years...

Hope to see more art work soon! Don't let ours be the ONLY representation!
LOL!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

As always, you're awesome!

Thanks for that, I love the kitties! LOL

I've only had two tricksters so far...but am hopeful...
One was a little vampire in his tuxedo (maybe 5) with a runny nose (yuck!)
The other was a skeleton (surely his BIG sis) and she was around 8 soooooo cute!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Halloween is one of those times of year where I get a real feeling of culture. I love watching old B&W horror films and reading scary stories. It was always one of my favourite times of year.

When I was little, my friends and I used read from the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books on Halloween. Not everyone found them scary, but perhaps because I had such a strong imagination I was very creeped out my them! The fantastic drawings of course only made them scarier! I'm not sure fiction can really scare me much these days, but I still enjoy the old horror films. Also, Halloween has a district vibe to it. You can feel it in the air. It can really spark the imagination.

top topics

join