It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Justice Warrior Contacts The Employer Of Her Youtube Foe To Get Him Fired. It Backfires!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evil_Santa
a reply to: Gryphon66

The issue that you're not seeing is that she attacked because she wanted to ruin him financially because of his opinions and thoughts. She was attacked because the previous sentence is a really screwed up reason for attacking someone.

The thunderfoot guy WAS in the right UNTIL he gave out personal information and then became liable if some thing befalls the lady du e to his revealing her address AND THEN INCITING his followers. Thunderfoot INCITED harm(financial harm) it can be argued. HE should had taken i t up with the ACLU instead but took th e law into his own hands.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The woman seems to fit the personality of a relative of mine who has borderline personality disorder.

My relative is always looking for ways to express her deep seated anger and hatred.

It's often under the guise of politically correct thinking or "protecting children".

She is a horrible abuse mother but there has been many incidents she claimed she was just "protecting her children".

She really couldn't care less about any of these issues, she just uses them because she has found out PEOPLE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SUPPORT AND PROTECT HERE WITHOUT INVESTIGATING - they are very powerful accusations.

He gave her what she really wanted - a battle and a chance to vent her feelings of rage.

Plus two wrongs do not make a right - you shouldn't help your internet "friend" to seek revenge of anyone. There are always two sides to every story and you run the risk of helping to harm an innocent person.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

No, he fought fire with an extinguisher. The house will be fine.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

she should be arrested for wasting police time and lying to try solidify her claims

silly sausage

instant Karma springs to mind

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

3. Unequal and inequitable reaction: Multitudes of Thunderfoot's fans go after the Witch because they see her as an enemy.

Notice the similarity between 1 and 3.

Are you forgetting that she also attacked his fans verbally in her video? She chose to pick a fight without first realizing that she wasn't just attacking Thunderfoot, but also most of his 400,000 followers with her comments. She chose to include them in her comments either directly or indirectly. Had she only attacked Thunderfoot things might have been different, but she chose to attack everyone associated with him, and they felt the need to return the favor. Here's an easy example to help simplify things some, if I walked down the street and slapped everyone I saw, some 400,000 people. How many do you think would slap me back? Honest answer, likely 400,000.
edit on 2-11-2015 by looneylupinsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: everyone

This isn't about "appropriate response" this is about punishing "social justice warriors" i.e. about doing the same thing to SJWs as people find disturbing about them.

Seems paradoxical and hypocritical.

And yet it isn't! In some cases the only way for people to learn is to experience something first hand. Hopefully she will come out of this a better person for it, by learning just how wrong and unfair some of these tactics are first hand. Likely not, but there is hope.
edit on 2-11-2015 by looneylupinsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

Plus two wrongs do not make a right - you shouldn't help your internet "friend" to seek revenge of anyone. There are always two sides to every story and you run the risk of helping to harm an innocent person.

This is very true, except she isn't innocent. She was the one leading the attack and it is her who put her staff and family squarely in the crosshairs, not thunderfoot or his fans. After all she was the one who showed her real name in her youtube video and claimed that no one could hurt her... Now that's a special kind of stupid right there, that's sort of like poking a bear with a sharp stick and then being surprised when it gets angry and attacks.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

originally posted by: Daughter2

This is very true, except she isn't innocent. She was the one leading the attack and it is her who put her staff and family squarely in the crosshairs, not thunderfoot or his fans. After all she was the one who showed her real name in her youtube video and claimed that no one could hurt her... Now that's a special kind of stupid right there, that's sort of like poking a bear with a sharp stick and then being surprised when it gets angry and attacks.

You are correct to a point. If it was directed at her alone like you suggest she should had done to thunderfoot there would be no issue. BUT thunderfoot said for his fans to screw with her. thats recorded as well and can be construed as malicious intent. Her employees can sue Thunderfoot into the ground for his part in this legally and most likely win.
In other words she will eventually destroy him financially by proxy. Thunderfoot should had been the bigger man and just ignored her but screwed up sinking to her level.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What the woman did was cowardly, dishonest, and libelous. She knowingly and maliciously published falsehoods in an attempt to destroy someone's reputation and livelihood:

Defamation is an area of law that provides a civil remedy when someone's words end up causing harm to your reputation or your livelihood. Libel is a written or published defamatory statement, while slander is defamation that is spoken by the defendant.

He has every right to pursue legal action against her as vigorously as the law allows. If a judgement and legal fees against her forced into her bankruptcy and her husband left her (something the husband should seriously consider in any case, given her obvious moral and intellectual deficiencies), those are the direct consequences of her own poor judgement and dishonest, vicious nature.

However the libel victim's followers should not be making death threats or libels of their own as that could lead to serious consequence for them, to say nothing of simply being more of the same: personal attacks for political reasons. And a fake Yelp review is technically libelous if written solely to harm the woman's livelihood and reputation. It probably won't end up in court, and it is not the moral equivalent, in the same way throwing a punch is not the same as a bullet fired at the head, but it is an echo of what she did.

The ends never justify the means, no matter how passionately you care about a cause. That mentality only leads to equally vicious cycles of attacks and counter-attacks, the poisoning of civil discourse, and the consequent erosion of hard-fought civil and legal rights. The only beneficiaries of such a toxic atmosphere are those who have a vested interest in keeping the population ignorant, perpetually divided, and incapable of revolution, democratic or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rocketina

YEah th e woman was in th e wrong,but her eployees are innocent by standers,and as such if th e business goes under due to Thunderfoots followers they have a case against him for inciting his followers.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thunderfoot just released a new video discussing this with some clips of his accusers expressing their bat # crazy justifications like "if you express opinions, it's your fault, not the person harassing you". it is so anti-intellectual.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I wonder what her husband thinks it sounds like he runs the bathroom fixing business, which seems like a typical male masculine business to be in.

It seems like both thunderfoots followers and SJW followers that donate to people with videos are being conned. It's all about cash. And tptb likely help push this in the news because dividing men and women is just more classic divide and conquer.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: rocketina

YEah th e woman was in th e wrong,but her eployees are innocent by standers,and as such if th e business goes under due to Thunderfoots followers they have a case against him for inciting his followers.
Can you sue another person because your own boss is an idiot? Not sure if it would work out that way. If a boss of a business is going online with their own name and causing people to give them bad reviews on yelp can you sue? If thunderfoot tried to open a business selling women's clothes for example I bet it would fail because he has a bad reputation amongst females, but I doubt he would want to anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

What about the host of "social justice warriors" that participated in the counter-attack on her?

What did they learn? That the internet can be used to harass and destroy someone's livelihood?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I think Thunderfoot's fans have learned it's not a good idea to write letters to employers/media/police that are full of lies, czech republic needs to rethink their laws when it comes to "speech crimes", don't doxx yourself, Social Justice Warriors are becoming unhinged, Laughing Witch is a pretty sick person, and lying to further your agenda is wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
First, I am a progressive.
Second, You make an accusation that we often use dirty tactics.

You have no proof that we exceed any statistical threshold indicating that we often do anything.

Therefore the facts indicate that YOU use sloppy logic to buttress your unsubstantiated opinions.

As best as I can tell the most egregious abasements of fact is done by the neo-cons and their leashed curs and with a regularity that is easily proven. Politifact and other independent agencies state this to be so. The more 'conservative' the media the more 'liberal' they are in defining truth to their liking.

As to not commenting on asshattery because we should avoid conflict with, let's say, people like you is not a warrior's way but that of fat butt, complicit jerks. Also, generally speaking, almost all of the most incredibly stupid comments and feelings and opinions and beliefs spill down the poop shoot chute that is, by their own admission, Repulsican or conservative religious nut bags.

While this site is supposed to uphold standards of conduct and to shine a light into the crevices of our minds, I suspect that is impossible. The only way to change the minds of a class is to destroy them and progressives want to preserve them. Ask any neo-con and converting sand into plains of glass leads the list fro 'cures'. It's why we find it hard not to hate the confirmed absolutists that rage about every infraction into their cultist ravings.
And there are so many of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Lots of times it appears as though the bully (in this case the misogynist and his sheep) are winning but it is just a moment in time, a couple steps back so she can leap ahead. What i am saying is that karma sometimes stews and works out in it's own time frame. I think it is always right to be a justice warrior. It is always honorable to call a bully out for what they are, regardless of the consequences. You will get your reward for standing up for honesty and integrity somewhere down the line. And the bullies will end up face first in the mud soon enough people will be laughing at all of them. LOL Laughing now.

edit on 6-11-2015 by Loveaduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Alls fair in love and war. This sounded like war. It's not over yet.
I think if something is disturbing it is your civic duty to try and get rid of it. Eventually people will follow your thoughts and see how detrimental that thing is. Yes, it may take years to accomplish but it is always worth the fight to do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ah, Glorious.

It's always funny when feminists (the radical kind) get what's coming to them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog

I think Thunderfoot's fans have learned it's not a good idea to write letters to employers/media/police that are full of lies, czech republic needs to rethink their laws when it comes to "speech crimes", don't doxx yourself, Social Justice Warriors are becoming unhinged, Laughing Witch is a pretty sick person, and lying to further your agenda is wrong.

Is that the official definition of social justice warrior?

My point: did Thunderfoot's followers go after this woman ruthlessly because of her beliefs rather than her actions toward them? Did they seek to harm her financially because of something she said or did that they did not agree with?

/shrug

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join