It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Justice Warrior Contacts The Employer Of Her Youtube Foe To Get Him Fired. It Backfires!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The internet is no longer a cyber wild west, it was at one point in time, but freedom of speech is diminishing under the guise of "oh that's hate speech" and political correctness of never offend anybody of any group, but who gets to call that ?

People need to learn to take a verbal or printed punch without becoming a quivering pile huddled in a corner balling their eyes out. I am not talking about consistent bullying but the odd negative comment. Learn to deal and ignore the trolls.

And this thing about trying to get people fired for a difference of opinion online needs to stop, taking an online dispute into real life action means it's time to get off the social media that angers a person so much.
edit on 1-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"this has nothing to do with my business"

Well, you went after the guy's livelihood, now he's going after yours.

Turnaround is very much fair play.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

People need to learn to take a verbal or printed punch without becoming a quivering pile huddled in a corner balling their eyes out. I am not talking about consistent bullying but the odd negative comment. Learn to deal and ignore the trolls.

Especially when the person running scared throws the first punch. If the punch that comes back is bigger than the one you started the fight with, then deal with it. You bought it on yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good. It's about time men start holding these women accountable for their greedy an selfish antics. Women (or should I just say feminists, as real women have nothing to do with them) have been getting away with using that affirmative action "ace card" for way too long now. Some of those so called "male feminists" (basically boys who have joined the girl scouts, in a passive attempt to get sex LOL), are even to blame for helping them to try to make themselves superior to men. It was only a matter of time before real men would no longer put up with it. Poke a sleeping bear too long, get comfortable doing it, then don't cry when he wakes up and it's time to pay the piper. Women, media, sitcoms, Shows like Oprah and other women specific shows....they have always shown men in the light of stupidity and like bumbling idiots...who's the idiot now?
edit on 1-11-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: because

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Okay let's explain it this way.
What you put out in to the universe , comes back to you threefold.

If you live by the sword, you must be willing to die by the sword.

Or are you just derailing the thread on purpose?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

An eye for an eye doesn't have to be "childlike" in every instance. That seems to be a bit black and white. There are several shades of grey when it comes to enlightening someone as to how their actions feel to others. Most people are so desensitized today, that they don't even consider how it feels to destroy another person. They just do it because (as was in this case) it makes them feel "good about themselves" or "superior" to whomever it is that they are attacking. Sometimes, whether it feels childish or not.....some people need a dose of their own medicine to remind them of how it would feel, if someone had done the same thing to them. It's called empathy...and there is not much left of this in the world.

* I know it makes me feel good when I see a feminist fall and have to eat their own crow. I feel like celebrating every time.
edit on 1-11-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: because

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I still see people defending Thunderfoot, acting like he is completely innocent. This is a guy that has suggested to his followers, on multiple occasions, to attack people he disagrees with or people that criticize him. He is no better than the people he claims to be fighting against.

But really, it's all about ethics in journalism, right?

Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dang. I have to choose between a misogynist and an SJW? The internet....some days it hurts.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: mahatche

My point has been if the Witch's actions are reprehensible (they are) then doing the same things to her are equally reprehensible.

Fighting fire with fire results in more fire until everything is burned.

/shrug

There is a phrase and a warrning on 4 chan they give to people from time to time. We are NOT your personal army. Do not ask the body polotic of 4 chan to do your dirty work in other words. Because they are just as likely to burn you instead.
Now Since thunderfoot ASKED this of his followers he is LIABLE for damages and lost revenue. HE went about it the wrong way and now instead of a lawful claim of slander he will open himself up to lawsuits.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter

How am I derailing the thread exactly? Is the thread only intended to bash so-called "Social Justice Warriors" and congratulate a group of people who are doing the same things to someone who has done nothing to them?

I'm curious about the approval expressed here for people doing to the Witch the same and worse than was done to Thunderfoot. It seems more than a little hypocritical.

Also aside from your platitudes that both are essentially claiming "well she did it first" ... do you have any logical or rational reason that justifies a group of people doing the same thing to this woman that she tried to do to their hero?

How does that not also make them "social justice warriors" of the same stripe as Laughing Witch?
edit on 14Sun, 01 Nov 2015 14:21:38 -060015p0220151166 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected spelling of Thunderfoot's name.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I believe you're beginning to see part of my point. If what she did was wrong, what they did was wrong.

Because it's the same thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Men should "hold women accountable for greedy and selfish acts" by siccing their internet followers on someone to do their dirty work for them?

I'm sorry, you did indicate that only "real men" would do that to "unreal women."

I didn't mean to over-generalize.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Men should "hold women accountable for greedy and selfish acts" by siccing their internet followers on someone to do their dirty work for them?

I'm sorry, you did indicate that only "real men" would do that to "unreal women."

I didn't mean to over-generalize.

Precisely. He did the right thing. He may have to pay for it, but the way I see it...there will be some losses along the way. The feminists now know just how far men will go, if directly attacked. Kudos to this martyr.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
so, I tell my very kind and loving wife about this; Anyone that knows my wife (the avatar pic to the left) will tell you she is the absolute nicest person they have ever met. (she did, however, marry me so there may be some flaws
)

My wife replied, that is how the Golden rule works, treat others the way you, in turn, want to be treated.

Sucks for the 14 other folks that may have lost their income, but they can at that very least get unemployment or sue for lost income.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

You're wife looks hot.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog

So they agreed with the Witch's politics then?

You're sure that all of them reacted for exactly the same reasons?

Seems to me you're assuming a lot here; let's assume little.

Wrong when the Witch Did it to Thunderfoot.

Wrong when Thunderfoot's "followers" attacked the Witch and her family.

Or ... we can just say that there are many who don't like activists who don't agree with their own politics, and do the same despicable things to that activist that they whine about being done to them.

Reminds me of something another political activist said: "Eye for an eye and soon the whole world is blind."

She's made tons of videos bashing thunderfoot and his subscribers/she's been very open about her politics/she has made tons of comments bashing him and his followers on thunderfoot's own videos which lead to no one exposing her on yelp. The reviews started after it was made public that Jennifer wrote multiple letters where she was lying to multiple different people with the hope that they would lead to thunderfoot being fired, smeared in the media, and put in jail. I read the vast majority of the reviews also and they almost all brought up what she did and not to mention most of those also made it pretty clear it was the reason why they were writing the review.
edit on 1-11-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The irony that she claims he's anti feminist and anti Muslim.......

Anyway....she attacked him, and now she's whining because it backfired! Too bad, so sad, deal with it! She started it, and she revealed her own name so she can't complain that he repeated what she made public information. She tried to have him fired, and now complains that her own livelihood is in danger? If the authorities have any sense, they'll charge her.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You're attempting to argue that what she did was wrong, but what they did was more wrong because there's more people - or something.

Yes he had around 380,000 followers when this happened. I'm one of those followers. Nope, i don't get email updates or anything and don't always look at "suggested videos" when going to youtube, so i was incredibly late to the party. So the whole "400,000 followers" is just bollocks and hyperbole that's taking things out of proportion. It could be 5 followers that are very tech savvy and using sock puppet accounts.

The reality is that the number of people who attack has nothing to do with the fact that both attacks had the same goal - to financially ruin someone.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The issue that you're not seeing is that she attacked because she wanted to ruin him financially because of his opinions and thoughts. She was attacked because the previous sentence is a really screwed up reason for attacking someone.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
@Gryphon66

So if Mason had simply gone to the police and sued her, further bankrupting her business and giving her a criminal record resulting in the loss of jobs for the employees and ruining her business reputation, in other words, a worse outcome than now, would you then be ok with this?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join