It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Justice Warrior Contacts The Employer Of Her Youtube Foe To Get Him Fired. It Backfires!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm not surprised she launched a kickstarter. Seems like every SJW/Feminist goes the route of being a professional victim. I'm also not surprised that Thunderf00t was targeted, he's been a thorn in the SJW's side for a while now.

I could go on about all of this being a big conspiracy to censor the internet but I think i'll let the InternetAristocrat handle it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Nyiah

Are we in the wrong thread, LOL?

I just noticed this, what the hell just happened to this page? ROTFL, I can't blame it on having more than one open --I don't, I had the Bernie thread open. Where did this one come from? Halloween trick or treat hijinks on ATS? I'll edit where appropriate, not applicable to this thread at all.

No worries.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that gremlins may be in the quantum mechanics today, LOL.

EDIT

Back to the issue at hand though. You don't find the response of the 400,000 followers of the Youtuber to be a bit ... disproportionate?

I am not referring here to the woman's actions, which were despicable. I'm referring to the actions of Thunderfoot's followers.

If Thunderfoot wanted to go after the Laughing Witch that's one thing.

But if what she did to him was wrong, I can't see how we can justify what 400,000 (or some portion) of his followers did to her.

She acted out of disagreement with his politics, and so did they.
edit on 13Sat, 31 Oct 2015 13:23:42 -050015p0120151066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hahahaa! About a year ago I had seen every one of Thunderf00t's videos. He is extremely intelligent, and this actually isn't the first time this has happened to him. A while back he had an extremely popular youtube Creationist Fundamentalist do the same thing but with claiming his material on Youtube was illegal to use. One of his subscribers, who is a lawyer, stood up for Thunderf00t for free, and they ended up saying that if he didn't apologize for falsely accusing him (which was illegal in the way he did it), then he would be forced to bring in a lawsuit.

Basically, if you're going to do something that's plainly illegal to someone else, make sure they aren't highly intelligent and backed by other high intelligent people.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Advice to her Husband.
Fire Her, Divorce Her and Send Her to Afghanastan.
See How Well That MOUTH Works There.

LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I can't really disagree with the tactics, honestly. If it was 2 warring people offline having spats, and others decided to Middle Finger one of them, it would be a normal consumerist society taking it's course. Granted, it was mean to others not at all involved, but so is any business' received backlash to employees when they tank over stupid stuff.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Now, I am not familiar with either party here but from face value it is poetic justice.

So, let's see. A guy is on YouTube and makes various statements that offend a woman. The woman then sends a nasty letter to the guy's boss in an attempt to get him fired. My opinion on this: that's slander. It's illegal (well, it is in my country) and so the guy should have gone to the police and reported this, get her sued and that's it.

But no, He's Mister Allright and so goes after the lady himself. And his tactics are about as mean as hers were. My opinion on this: that's self-justice and slander too, though in a very slew way, by proxy. I'm not sure if it is punishable, but if I were that lady, I'd sue his arse off.

What I can't get into my stupid head is how it is that the overwhelming majority of people here - one hope and thinks: smart people, people that try to deny ignorance - are seemingly happy when a person rights a wrong doing even more wrong. It's exactly this type of behaviour that results in neverending avalanches of hate up to the point that some day either he or she will grab a gun (which, alas, is quite easy to obtain in some parts of the "civilized" world). *BANG*.

I guess that the only response here would be "serves her right!" (or "serves him right!").

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
Advice to her Husband.
Fire Her, Divorce Her and Send Her to Afghanastan.
See How Well That MOUTH Works There.

LOL

I will agree with one sentiment here, and that he should divorce her. Not only is she of the personality type that is perfectly ok with ruining someone's life because she disagrees with them, but she also caused possibly irreversible damage to their business.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

But if what she did to him was wrong, I can't see how we can justify what 400,000 (or some portion) of his followers did to her.

If Laughing Witch didn't go after Thunderfoot in his personal life by going to his employment and trying to get him sacked that's one thing.
But she did and if you attack someone personally and not his youtube channel then you can expect the person to respond in kind. Was it disproportionate to her original crime, in my mind no. If she had succeeded and he did lose his job would it be disproportionate to expect the same of her?
So you reap what you sow, fight dirty expect dirty to fight back.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think it's one of them.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

If Laughing Witch didn't go after Thunderfoot in his personal life by going to his employment and trying to get him sacked that's one thing.
But she did and if you attack someone personally and not his youtube channel then you can expect the person to respond in kind. Was it disproportionate to her original crime, in my mind no. If she had succeeded and he did lose his job would it be disproportionate to expect the same of her?
So you reap what you sow, fight dirty expect dirty to fight back.

Yep. Agree 100%

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Makes me wonder how many good blogs and alt news sites have been buried by Google analytics by various government contractors who want to make the truth about certain issues "go away".
Considering how many people writing about sensitive subjects have died mysteriously I would say there is no question that the PTB use these kinds of harassment campaigns in a far more massive fashion that we can imagine.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I see a lot of people applauding the fact that a business with 14 employees other than the woman in question is going down, like its a great thing. I agree that the initial letter writing campaign (that involved more than just her) was despicable, but the response by these overgrown children is equally vile. They are on 8chan virtually high fiving each other because they think they may drive her to suicide.

Everyone that says "she is getting what she deserves" are saying that while simultaneously giving a thumbs up to the exact same behavior done in retaliation. Hypocritical and definitely not denying ignorance.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here is a view from the other side of the story I found while looking for more info on this story. It is biased in her direction, but gives a different perspective that many may not be seeing.

Link

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker>>>> They should just admit to being douchebags and her husband should publicly chastise her and apologize for her gross stupidity and maliciousness. After that, just beg for the war to stop. I can separate work and professionalism from personal opinions so maybe they operate a business worth patronizing. They seem like nasty people but you don't have to socialize with them. They got what they deserved, lesson learned, no sympathy. Midgets shouldn't pick fights with giants.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I don't know how to make this go away," Burns told WUSA9 on Thursday. "We've apologized. This has nothing to do with my business.

What did it have to do with his? Seems like they thought it was related, until the shoe was on the other foot.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Anyone who self-identifies as a "Social Justice Warrior" is going to be a scumbag. I don't really need to know more about her.

For being a SJW, she exhibits none of those three traits.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
Here is a view from the other side of the story I found while looking for more info on this story. It is biased in her direction, but gives a different perspective that many may not be seeing.

Link

From that source.

The story of this particular debacle began this past January when the YouTuber who calls herself Laughing Witch sent a letter to Mason’s employer

So she started it .. but he is the bad guy.

Her email was part of a letter-writing campaign by a number of feminist Youtubers who hoped their letters would get Mason fired from his research job.

So she wanted to destroy his business life, due to his online life. When the same happens to her (which is actually more due to her personal actions not online stand) she cries foul and claims her business should not be impacted due to what she does online.
edit on 31-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i bet her old man is one of them namby pamby's that lets his old run around and sleep with any one she wants, while he stay's home.

that's why his let his business get involved and now is bankrupt.

I'll ask just for the sake of the conversation ... is there any chance this comment is satire?

If not, what would the couple's sexual habits have to do with ... well, anything?

Most likely her husband is a Cuckhold,and unable to even get i t up let alone satisfy her anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Jennifer Keller was bragging about how she was untouchable since she was the boss and was happy when she thought Mason lost his job (he didn't). Did anyone else see her apology video ? I'm almost positive she even lied in that video and was pretty much saying I'm sorry because I got caught. Jennifer wasn't the only to go down because of this, there was a male feminist who encouraged the letter writing campaign (I don't know for sure if he wrote one himself) and he might of been exposed as a sex offender.
edit on 31-10-2015 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977

Link

Well,

Put yourself in that position. Someone you don't know goes for your throat and tries to get you FIRED from your job and ARRESTED by the authorities because she doesn't like the things you say in Youtube videos.

Then brags about it smugly about how "there is nothing you can about it".

No Tears... not one.

That is Poetic Justice.

No tears shed

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join