It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican National Committee Cancels Planned Feb. 26 Debate With NBC News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Khaleesi

He also said "We got a real good look at the Republican party for the first time...."

Nobody is saying the CNBC did a fantastic job or anything either. What people are really laughing about is the "Whoa is me!!" pity party the Conservatives are having over it. The sure talk the talk but get sore feet when walking the walk.

He's part of the journalistic establishment. They're trying to walk a thin line. On the one hand, the mask slipped and the public saw exactly what they are with that so-called debate, so they have to criticize it or look like exactly the partisans CNBC revealed themselves to be. On the other hand, they can't completely fire both barrels at CNBC or they look like they've gone completely in the tank against their own and give the public every reason to believe that what they saw was every bit as bad as it looked, so they have to do what they can to continue the narrative of the unreasonable Republicans.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

so they have to do what they can to continue the narrative of the unreasonable Republicans.

Have we ever considered that it is not a "narrative"?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
Objectivity is a concept that clearly eludes many Democrats on ATS.

The gripe is not that they asked tough questions. I think most viewers wanted to see pointed questioning about the big issues.

Instead we were treated to two hours of 'gotcha' questions. 'Gotcha' meaning 'bullsnip.' Same kind of question Megyn Kelly started the Fox debate with.

What a wasted opportunity for the leftists at CNBC. They chose to put on a childish display instead of attempting to reveal weak points they may perceive in the candidates' platforms.

But that's the stuff the voter base of the Right wants to hear about though. They're not interested in economics, foreign policy or socioeconomic policy...they want to hear what the candidates think about God, abortion and Guns

It would be just as accurate for me to say the Democrat base cares about nothing but 'free' stuff and social justice.

If it weren't for Democrats' demagoguery, we would not have such a divide between left and right in this country. We are all Americans. I believe Democrat voters want what's best for the country, just as I do.

Conservatives think liberals are wrong; liberals think conservatives are evil. That misconception on the part of liberals is often the reason debates are derailed. Case in point: your post.
edit on 1-11-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Republicans are welcome to hold their own debate if they want. You want unbiased then you go on biased mainstream media to do your debate? No sympathy for intentional stupidity.

I welcome an independent debate. Let the people decide if their true platform is good enough.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

poor poor republicans...poor babies

At least they aren't cowards like Democrats who never even volunteered to participate in a Debate hosted by Fox news.

Tough questions are a Liberals worst nightmare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join