It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican National Committee Cancels Planned Feb. 26 Debate With NBC News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I guess the Republicans are only comfortable when being asked the real "hard hitting" questions like they had in the first debate. You know like "What would you secret service code name be?" and "Who would you like to see on the $20 bill?"

Now those are some questions they feel comfortable with. The kind where any answer is a correct one.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
When the DNC has a debate on Fox, I'll listen to what the leftists have to say on this issue.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
The Dems are just as bad at their complaining. I'll second what someone else said. I wonder how many Dems would show up to a debate held by Fox News and was moderated by Mark Levin.

My guess is no one would show up.

If I were a Democrat candidate that's the format I would insist on for a debate. How are you ever going to win an election if you can't look your harshest critics head on and answer their questions? Confining yourself to an echo chamber of those who agree with you may make you popular among your group but it's never going to get you broad support, and it's going to make you an easy target for the person that will cross the aisle to challenge you.

As a bonus, I would get to claim that every other Democrat candidate who didn't show up was scared and completely unable to justify any of their ideas in the face of opposition.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is hilarious to me. These GOP clowns running for President don't like that they're questioned on their idiotic positions, so they start crying about a biased media. Whoever wins the Republican nomination will find out pretty quick that once they leave the very insulated world of FOX'NEWS', Breitbart and Prison Planet followers, the vast majority of American voters will also be wondering what the heck they're talking about when they start spouting off against women's health rights, immigration, same-sex marriage, and the rest of the right-wing, nut-jobs' hit parade. Oh! How horrible the media will be then....

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Can you imagine a moderator asking Hillary, "You claim there is a war on women by conservatives. In light of your husband's philandering and multiple accusations of sexual assault, what credibility to do you have in making this claim?"

Were you up in arms about this question from Megyn Kelly during the Fox News debate:

Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter. However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women.

You’ve called women you don’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks. You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?

Oh that liberal bias is showing now Fox News!

Mrs. Clinton, can you name one accomplishment of yours since you were first lady?

Let's see the first question put to Hilary Clinton by Anderson Cooper in the CNN Democratic debate:

Secretary Clinton, I want to start with you. Plenty of politicians evolve on issues, but even some Democrats believe you change your positions based on political expediency.

You were against same-sex marriage. Now you're for it. You defended President Obama's immigration policies. Now you say they're too harsh. You supported his trade deal dozen of times. You even called it the "gold standard". Now, suddenly, last week, you're against it.

Will you say anything to get elected?

Remember that before that debate even happened, the GOP and the conservative media was out in force claiming that Anderson Cooper was going to go easy on Clinton (read: preemptively crying). What are some other questions?

Secretary Clinton, on the campaign trail, Governor Webb has said that he would never have used military force in Libya and that the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was inevitable. Should you have seen that attack coming?

Secretary Clinton, you are going to be testifying before Congress next week about your e-mails. For the last eight months, you haven't been able to put this issue behind you. You dismissed it; you joked about it; you called it a mistake. What does that say about your ability to handle far more challenging crises as president?

Secretary Clinton, Secretary Clinton, with all due respect, it's a little hard - I mean, isn't it a little bit hard to call this just a partisan issue? There's an FBI investigation, and President Obama himself just two days ago said this is a legitimate issue.

Poor poor Hilary Clinton. *cry*
edit on 2015-10-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

May I ask what country you are from? Not being offish or anything just very curious. And I loved RP as the last great white hope.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So you are going to vote for Hillary? Really? You whine forever on here about how messed up this country is and you go and vote for 4 more years of the same. Just pathetic.

I will be voting for one of the candidates that has never served before.
Anti Washington. Bringing down the Republican establishment.
Trump / Carson / Fiorina whoever is still standing when the Primaries reach Texas.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As I posted in another forum... yes, the moderators were ill prepared. But to the candidates that complained about the questions, and to those defending them here...

You do realize what these candidates say in public... right? Are we not allowed to ask about this insanity? If the moderators actually ask a question about some lunacy that Trump said, he just bashes them for asking the question and (somehow) gets applause, in the end dodging completely and providing no answer at all. If you ask Huckabee about his lunatic 'direct connection to god' then he just deflects... meanwhile this is something that he parades around (loudly) as a key element of his campaign. It's a very interesting approach that is somehow working... say insane stuff, then when confronted about it, just deflect and yell about 'pc police' something-or-other, or try to bash the mods for not asking better questions. Meanwhile, when Rubio went on his rant at this past debate, taxes and immigration had been discussed already, which are big repub talking points. So a fail there. It's just that the candidates didn't really have viable answers, so of course it felt like we weren't getting anywhere and no one was answering questions.

True, the mods weren't prepared, but mainly they weren't tough enough (or had the facts) to call the candidates on their blatant lies and evasion techniques. And to call the mods leftists is laughable at best.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: introvert

May I ask what country you are from? Not being offish or anything just very curious. And I loved RP as the last great white hope.

I'm in the US.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The "Gotcha Question" where did I hear that from, hmmmm ....Oh the incompetent Sarah Palin! Are the republican's following her lead? If you don't like the question or don't know how to answer it, blame it on the "Gotcha Question!"

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The "Gotcha Question" where did I hear that from, hmmmm ....Oh the incompetent Sarah Palin! Are the republican's following her lead? If you don't like the question or don't know how to answer it, blame it on the "Gotcha Question!"

Yeah, remember her "Gotcha Question"??? "What books and/or magazines do you read for your information???"

Oh no!!! The Kriptonite of all questions to ask a Conservative Politician, "What do you read for information??" Damn that's a tricky one!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Isn't it telling how the democrats here, who constantly cry for fairness and equality have absolutely no problem when there is a conspired attack upon people they don't agree with. I'll say this again...if you want fair and equal you MUST include EVERYONE, even those you don't like and don't agree with. Otherwise you are a hypocrite. But...I guess that is all liberals, democrats and progressives anyway...right?

Judge people by their character and their actions. If they lie, call people names, or call for equality and only want equality for those they approve...you have an individual that deserves no respect, no trust and who doesn't deserve a moment of your attention.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
FOX News and CNBC are very Conservative bent. Who should be hosting and broadcasting the next GOP debate? I think it's time for some personal responsibility of the candidates for the words they say that lead to the messes they continually find themselves in.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Isn't it telling how the democrats here, who constantly cry for fairness and equality have absolutely no problem when there is a conspired attack upon people they don't agree with. I'll say this again...if you want fair and equal you MUST include EVERYONE, even those you don't like and don't agree with. Otherwise you are a hypocrite. But...I guess that is all liberals, democrats and progressives anyway...right?

Judge people by their character and their actions. If they lie, call people names, or call for equality and only want equality for those they approve...you have an individual that deserves no respect, no trust and who doesn't deserve a moment of your attention.

There was nothing unfair about it. This was not a conspired attack on anyone. FFS how pathetic can the accusations get???

I suppose to be fair means we should ask the candidates "What is your favorite color???" "What is your favorite food???" "Do you wear jammies at bedtime and if so what cartoon character is on them???"

Just once I'd love to see all the tough talking conservatives make it through some event without crying victimization of the left. What chance do you have in fighting ISIS or Islamic Terrorism if you can't even handle 3 journalists???

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
lol......

I love these claims of left bias. "When I'm not getting thrown softballs in a debate just blame it on bias"

I watched the debate and right from the beginning these guys weren't even answering the questions. They had talking points they wanted to hit and actually answering the questions be damned if they were going to get in the way of those talking points.
Funny how Ted Cruz and company were complaining about questions with substance on one hand and not actually answering the questions of substance on the other. It was pathetic.

.....As far as watching the GOP implode in real time...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I watched the whole thing mostly for fuel. It was a terrible 'debate' and the candidates asked several times for them to ask questions that were substantive. Especially Ted Cruz and Chris Christie, and I was pleased they called them on it, although it fell on deaf ears.

Otherwise it was a waste of time. Everyone seemed asleep except for Cruz, Christie, and Trump and Rubio at times. It was a bust, and yeah, it was because of the moderators.

Why are your numbers so low? Why do you miss voting day? Isn't fantasy football gambling? So, youre in second place now?

Seriously. I was waiting for that woman to ask them how they felt when their mothers died.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

Funny how Ted Cruz and company were complaining about questions with substance on one hand and not actually answering the questions of substance on the other. It was pathetic.

But if you remember, most of the substantive questions asked, were asked by EACH OTHER. The moderators made comments inviting them to criticize each other but they didn't fall for it. At one point, I think it was Huckabee had just been invited to jump on Trump, and he said "I love Donald Trump! I'm wearing one of his ties!"

It had it's moments but mostly a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
How about we ban selling advertising during these circus events the msm is calling debates?

How about we ban political parties and restrict the election cycle to 60 days before the election?

How about when presenting the candidates for inspection---all candidates who have ballot qualification get to have a voice?

The DemoPublican party has locked up msm with the money. It's time to take back the politics of the country and strip the two-winged monster's power to dominate. But as long as it makes money for the fat cats, it will continue to be just as bat-spit crazy as it is today. If you are watching this drivel you're part of the problem---not the solution. Ignore them and eventually it will stop.

Stop feeding the trolls.
edit on 30-10-2015 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh Boo effing Hoo.These Repub clown candidates have paper thin skin..I can't imagine any of them sitting for 8 + plus hours taking questions from a Benghazi like committee.They would crack under the pressure..I guess the RNC wants third graders to be moderators in the next debate.Hell imo,the clown car candidates would prob be bunch a lil whiny babies,and complain about their questions too..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This is the most sorry bunch of Republican candidates I've ever seen. They want yes men and women to be moderators, they don't want tough questions? Is this how they expect to win the presidency?

Hillary has a shoe into the Whitehouse I tell you what. Heck I'm even beginning to think Biden would have a better shot than any of these candidates.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join