It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Planning to Build the World's Largest Particle Collider, 2X the Size of the LHC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I understand Chinese arithmetic can be difficult.

All Indians walk single file, at least the only one I knew did.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I don't think the U.S. is even 100% fail safe with it's ongoing collider experimentation.

Hmmmmm what experimentation exactly? US shut down the Tevatron in 2010... most powerful accelerator in the US operational now is the Fermilab main injector that tops out at about 150 GeV... significantly less than the LHC.

This is fairly old news, found articles back to July this year. There are several plans for accelerators larger than the LHC, they all require international effort.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This will most certainly create a black hole.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
This will most certainly create a black hole.
I think they'd like to see evidence of a black hole at the LHC, but to my knowledge they haven't seen evidence of one yet. Maybe a bigger collider could make one, but it wouldn't last long, just a tiny fraction of a second before it "evaporated" into a shower of particles of the type expected from a black hole "evaporation".

I found it far more difficult to travel to mainland China than many other countries because of the visa requirements and extra paperwork. It would be nice if they'd cut out some of that excess paperwork if they expect a lot of scientists from other countries to converge there to collaborate in the use of their future collider. The LHC has some permanent employees but they also have many visiting scientists who have to travel there, and presumably a larger collider in the future would have similar arrangements.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join