It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters reporting US special operations troops deploying to Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I just got an alert that Reuters is working a story on Obama getting ready to announce the deployment of "a small number" of US special operations troops into Syria. I'm not twitter savvy enough to find it on their feed and they haven't put the article on their website yet. Will keep looking for it (or the announcement itself).

Seems like kind of a big deal to me. Everything seems to be ramping up more and more, and more and more quickly. And this is on the heels of the nonsense with China and their man made island and all the talk over there about the US' provocative acts.

ETA - looks like NBC beat them to the wire (heh...news jokes) on this one.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 30-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Article added

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The last time the propaganda machine announced "US special operations teams" active in the middle east was to take out Osama Bin Obama Saddam Bin Laden Bin Hussein.

Looks like Assad will be soon be "found dead"

The End.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
was just about to post this. Cnn is broadcasting it right now.
Sounds like they are deploying to Raqqa. They will be on their own against ISIS.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You forgot, "then given a honourable burial at sea."

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If they're reporting it it probably means it happened a 2-3 weeks ago. And we all know it was more like probably months ago.

This should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So these troops will be 'supporting' WHO exactly??

The FSA 'rebels' that Russia is now bombing?

What could possibly go wrong?

FFS, the world has lost its mind.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

To assist and guide kurdish rebel YPG forces.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The US needs to just stay out of Syria. This is not a good move. With Russia already there it will just cause an escalation of the crisis. How do they even know who they can trust? They should just let Russia take care of ISIS and there doesn't seem to even be enough rebels anymore to overthrow the Assad regime. Just leave it alone,already. Let them deal with it.

We don't need to lose any more american troops to a fight we shouldn't even be a part of. It's ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

The only problem with that is Russia doesn't fight Isis.
But it will escalate. good for the people which left that part of hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Plot twist: Russia also deploys ground troops to Syria.

THAT...would be interesting. Not that this isn't. But so far Russia isn't saying they've ruled out the idea. So what impact will this have, if any, on that angle for them?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Amen to that.
But i think its just a pissing match with barack and Putin. Obama cant let Russia take all the glory.
He is and feels weak in Putins eyes.

I think something bad has the potential to happen and could be the start of something even bigger.

Something like our Troops inadvertently end up clashing with Russian forces. China, bent out of shape about the USA's taunts in the waters, might retaliate.
Things could really blow out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: stosh64

To assist and guide kurdish rebel YPG forces.

This statement is kind of wide open.

The special operations forces could work with Kurdish and allied actors who have come together under the umbrella of the "Syrian Democratic Forces," according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement was not yet public.

It is intentionally vague so our trusted government can aide whoever they want.

ETA: Quote is from OP link
edit on 10 30 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
The US needs to just stay out of Syria. This is not a good move. With Russia already there it will just cause an escalation of the crisis. How do they even know who they can trust? They should just let Russia take care of ISIS and there doesn't seem to even be enough rebels anymore to overthrow the Assad regime. Just leave it alone,already. Let them deal with it.

We don't need to lose any more american troops to a fight we shouldn't even be a part of. It's ridiculous.

Completely agree! I'm tired of fighting these 1%'ers wars for them. It's all just a money and power grab scheme. Hence the reason I smartened up and got the hell out of the service a few years ago. The sad part is once they come home, some get labeled as "The Problem" with the economy.

How many veterans are homeless?

While only 8% of Americans can claim veteran status, 17% of our homeless population is made up of veterans. In 2010, the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) estimated that on any given night there were 76,000 homeless veterans sleeping on American streets.

What is the primary cause of veteran homelessness?

Veterans are 50% more likely to become homeless than other Americans due to poverty, lack of support networks, and dismal living conditions in overcrowded or substandard housing.

Link

But I guess they should just work harder.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I agree. It's a pissing match with American lives put in the crossfire. So with Russia there fighting for Assad's side and the US going to fight for the rebels side,it really does come down to US vs Russia on foreign soil. The cold war is heating up quickly now.

If this escalates we are in for rocky times, as we don't have a strong leader and none of the candidates for president seem capable of managing a war. Why can't the US just mind it's own business. I have a son in the Army and I will be so angry if he gets sent over there. He was deployed in Jordan last year and Afghanistan before that.

If people can start a social media frenzy to get rid of Confederate Flags and all these other things why can't social media start a movement and demand that we stay out of these foreign conflicts.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Deploy MORE SF teams, is what he should have said.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
here's an earlier post I made on the 'reported' troop placements by Hussein Obama.... read carefully the part of usa troops being put shoulder-to-shoulder with ISIS/AQ/al Nusra/Salafists, so as to deter Russian aircraft attacks on these barbarians/proxy armies...

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: St Udio

just to bump my earlier observation...of the WH deliberately putting troops in position of a suicide mission....

see this breaking news:

Liar [...] - Obama Sends U.S. Ground Troops to Syria
Details Wednesday, 28 October 2015 12:46 -

We will be embedded with Syrian Opposition forces, we believe that many are Al Queda or ISIS sympathizers who are not actively engaged against the terrorist threat but rather in support of a regime change. In this lies our dilemma.

Russia is currently carrying our their air war* against both the terrorist threat and enemies of Assad.
That places American Troops dead in the target sights of Russia.

- See more at: allnews.network...

...We will be embedded with Syrian Opposition forces, we believe that many are Al Queda or ISIS sympathizers who are not actively engaged against the terrorist threat but rather in support of a regime change. In this lies our dilemma. Russia is currently carrying our their air wart against both the terrorist threat and enemies of Assad. That places American Troops dead in the target sights of Russia. We believe that we are being used as paws and many will be sacrificed as a means to war with Russia. The defense contractors with whom we deal in contracts and purchases are gearing up for a war against Russian style equipment. There are just too many indicators pointing to the administrations move to false flag a war. At the cost of American Lives again!"

I hope the text camr through

edit on th31144621958530392015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The UN has also decided to send troops to the front. The Special forces operate at a much higher level of precision. So this must be different, and I would guess this has been going on for sometime now. And the reports are just now being released. For the US to bomb certain targets, requires people on the ground to paint the target, at least it did back in Iraq. May not be as vital, but what would be needed is certain Intelligence that just cannot be gathered as quickly by satellite imagery

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
WHICH AGAIN delineates WHY we use SAS for wet black opertions and NOT JSOC unless declared we are doing so.
Provided they don't just drone strike the target if they can.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

I don't think the UN has fighters, it would be against their policy.
Blue helmets go where peace is possible and can be kept.

But Russia helps Iran to violate UN embargo
edit on 30-10-2015 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
im sure this mission is to help stabilize the region and not provide arms to the wrong people.
Im sure its nothing subversive.

after all its the US. all we do is stabilize sh!t and rarely seen as a global threat by nations worldwide when asked.

/opposite day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join