It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It is not that I do not like it.

I just have a hard time accepting the fact that many can just through logic in the trash when it is convenient or pc.

The goal still is to punish in a safe environment.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

That happens, too.

In Washington State, there is a state statute that specifies that all means are to be taken to prevent Rapes or Assaults. If, by neglect, an officer is found to have violated that? Bad things will happen, up to and including prison time. Usually, it'll be loss of job, and forfeiture of all retirement. It's taken very, very seriously.

They're still going to happen, there's nothing to be done about that, other than protective custody.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The goal still is to punish in a safe environment.
Yeah, it looks like the judge based the decision on that when overruling the lowly magistrate who was tied by statutory legislation.
Again though, you have little to worry about because it is a UK based legal issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Oh get over it fella, you were almost creaming your pants when my thread and this thread were discussing the sentence at a male prison, then when the judge overruled the magistrate mid thread you start crying your eyes out lol.

The law is the law remember, and the judge made the correct choice as far as I see it, especially when the judge had more information about the prisoner than you or I have.
Unlucky, I know the decision troubles you badly, and for the record I take some pleasure out of knowing that.

You've said multiple times that people who agree with him being in a mans prison are unlucky that he was moved to a woman's prison. Does that make you lucky because you agree with the decision to move him to a woman's prison?

You got lucky he was moved?

Law is the law, yet law is luckiness/unluckiness? Or what are you referring to as being "unlucky" in all those posts?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2
Law is the law, yet law is luckiness/unluckiness? Or what are you referring to as being "unlucky" in all those posts?
Oh, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, 'unlucky' is more of a mocking line to those in this and my thread who supported 'the law' and then the law disagreed mid thread haha.
Do they still support 'the law' or are they calling the law an ass now? Lol, get me?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Would it be cool to request that the title of this thread is changed by someone to Transgender woman Tara Hudson wins all-male prison appeal???

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I've heard from female prison warders that open sexual relationships between warders and prisoners are common. Heroin is common. Heroin is concealed internally by prisoners. Is there a mystery about how the heroin gets into the prisons?

Mafia style control systems. Murder made to look like suicide. Pressure on those inside to give information or co-operate with crime outside.

The goal is to punish in a safe environment. The safe environment hasn't been achieved.

It isn't pc to recognise there are all possible intermediate genders. It's just ignorant to suggest otherwise. Try talking to an old farmer or midwife. They know.
edit on 1 11 2015 by Kester because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No sympathy here. Its prison whether it's male or female. It's about serving time and being punished. No one said it was going to be a picnic. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join