It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Hahaha true!

I still wonder what those "It's the law!" members think now 'the law' disagrees with them?
They've all gone quiet since the judge reversed the decision lol... [/cricket sounds]

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Hahaha true!

I still wonder what those "It's the law!" members think now 'the law' disagrees with them?
They've all gone quiet since the judge reversed the decision lol... [/cricket sounds]

No one likes the power-over the law embodies when it touches themselves or their own (or their own beliefs.)

Perhaps in time those who favor individual rights and liberties will favor them for all people.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If the judge reversed his decision, then let it be.

BTW, Gryphon, another poster on this thread mentioned the height and mass of Tara, so that is why I mentioned it. Also, the incarceration was for assault, was it not? That is why I brought up the aggressiveness.

Tara needs to go ahead and have that bit of a wee wee trimmed and tucked. There might be less to be concerned about in the female prison population if this were to happen. I would hate for someone to do it for him.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Nope, the judge in a Crown court overruled the decision of the magistrate in the lowly Magistrates court. That is different.

Also, the incarceration was for assault, was it not? That is why I brought up the aggressiveness.
Lots of women in prison in the UK for assault.

Tara needs to go ahead and have that bit of a wee wee trimmed and tucked. There might be less to be concerned about in the female prison population if this were to happen. I would hate for someone to do it for him.
Nope, she doesn't need to do anything now a judge has agreed with her request for a female prison.
Unlucky if that troubles you, but hey the law is the law and all that lol

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

When I say he "needs" to, it was not meant to mean as a requirement. It was meant as a personal decision for safety reasons. I can see aggressive prison women trying to perform the "surgery" just because.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

BTW, Gryphon, another poster on this thread mentioned the height and mass of Tara, so that is why I mentioned it. Also, the incarceration was for assault, was it not? That is why I brought up the aggressiveness.

So ... you have information on the relative heights and masses of those incarcerated in the woman's prison? Enough so to make you seem concerned about Tara's size? Also, you know the relative statistics for how many prisoners, in either facility, are in jail for assault? That seems like the only valid reasons for calling those out ... unless you just assumed that because she has a penis she's physically imposing and more aggressive than the average female prisoner?

Who are you to tell someone they have to conform to your (or society's) expectations of anatomy? How does that reflect any respect at all for personal freedom and individual rights?

I think we both know what the bone of contention really was here. I just hate to see folks who are generally so ready to oppose the government and statism on behalf of individual rights and freedom so willing to align with the government in others.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The UK government had nothing to do with this though, it was a judge making a sensible decision which the Crown prosecutor has not disagreed with.
Still funny how those who agreed with 'the law' are so quiet now 'the law' revised the decision during the life of this thread lol.

New page of the thread so I'll post her pic again to remind folk why the judge overruled the magistrate and sent her to a female prison:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The judiciary in the UK is not considered part of the State? I think my terminology of government may be off regarding the UK .. I'm not referring to the PM and his Cabinet, I'm referring to anything related to the State ... whether executive, legislative or judicial.

Agree completely with your sentiments.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Very pretty. It's amazing what a good bleach job, eye brow trim, cosmetics, and a good plastic surgeon can accomplish!!
Look at that thumb, though...ugh.

Take a pic a few months into the sentence, and see what we have....assuming cosmetics and dye treatments are not allowed. I think they are allowed though.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

When I say he "needs" to, it was not meant to mean as a requirement. It was meant as a personal decision for safety reasons. I can see aggressive prison women trying to perform the "surgery" just because.
May I ask what experience/knowledge you have of female prisons in the UK to believe that she will suffer genital mutilation at Her Majesties Prison Eastwood Park?

I know 3 women who have served stretches there and they believe she will be okay.
Remember the OP is about the UK justice/prison system, not the US, vastly different worlds.
edit on 31.10.2015 by grainofsand because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Very pretty. It's amazing what a good bleach job, eye brow trim, cosmetics, and a good plastic surgeon can accomplish!!

Take a pic a few months into the sentence, and see what we have....assuming cosmetics and dye treatments are not allowed. I think they are allowed though.

Wonder what you'd look like after 3 mos. in jail?

Bad hair and no cosmetology justifies what would amount to torture?

Is that really the point here??? Good gravy.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The judiciary in the UK is not considered part of the State? I think my terminology of government may be off regarding the UK .. I'm not referring to the PM and his Cabinet, I'm referring to anything related to the State ... whether executive, legislative or judicial.

Agree completely with your sentiments.
Ah yep, sorry, it is of course part of the state but the three elements are fiercely independent of each other, Judiciary, Crown, and Parliament.
I have been a senior Crown servant in my former days and the independence is clear although the 3 arms of the state work as a rather strange conglomerate of independent entities if you like.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You're so pee-cee and hyper sensitive, always missing the point because of it, that I find it kind of fun to mess with you. I shouldn't do that. Apologies.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yep. We have the same thing over here at the moment certainly.

People complain about "the government" and mean Mr. Obama and his Administration.

The Congress, however, gets a pass. LOL.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

What is wrong with her thumb? Lol, is that the most intelligent point you can make about her?!

I'm a rough, straight, CIS male and I think she is attractive. If I met her in a bar, and she didn't headbutt me of course, I would certainly be attracted to her.
If she told me she was born male it wouldn't phase me, but then I'm not a homophobic trans-hating bigot.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hahaha true!

I still think that every time faced with this particular situation a judge has to cover his butt and try to protect everyone.

What will you say if this person hurts a tenth victim in prison?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You're so pee-cee and hyper sensitive, always missing the point because of it, that I find it kind of fun to mess with you. I shouldn't do that. Apologies.

Thanks for the personal comment. You're mistaken, but that's your own deal.

You continue to post however you like (within T&C) and so will I.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Hahaha true!

I still think that every time faced with this particular situation a judge has to cover his butt and try to protect everyone.

What will you say if this person hurts a tenth victim in prison?

Which prison, the boy's one or the girl's one?

Because it seems to me, violence is violence, if that's your real concern here.

Is that your real concern here? Or is it something else?

link   
I wonder if all of you claiming his junk does not work would like to stand by that decision and go spend a nite alone with this guy?

That was such a lame lie that was spread to downplay the fact that there is now a functional penis locked up with the women.

link   

You don't have to be a "homophobic trans-hating bigot" to not be attracted to a transgender woman.

As Ben Carson said, "I believe marriage is between one man and one woman. That does not mean I am a homophobe." The gist of that statement can apply across the board.

People need to grasp the fact that a person can have viewpoints opposite from theirs, but that does not mean some extreme label has to be applied to them. This over sensitivity to other views is unhealthy for a society.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join