It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Gryphon66
Straight up what would you say to the woman that is forced to bunk with this dude with a boner?

What would you say to the Lesbian she was bunking with before?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: deadeyedick

Seems to me she'll be in protective custody. The officers, and prison officials, have no interest in the poostorm that would come down if something were to happen involving Ms. Hudson.

That's what would happen here in the States, anyway. Prisons get enough bad press, they don't need to go out of their way to create more.

What do you say to the increased cost involved in putting men in with the women?

Afterall many want this to be precedent now and feel that not separating gender is the new future.

You are a critical thinking person on most subjects so do you see the long term danger and cost in doing this?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Straight up what would you say to the woman that is forced to bunk with this dude with a boner?

You have my permission to make sense now.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Medical science HAS considered that differing sexes and gender identities are pathological ... and as pointed out MANY TIMES here, have proven conclusively that they are not.

No they have not. It is you that needs to read up on what the latest studies are finding.

Again. I have no prejudice against trangender people. My prejudice is against intolerant idiots that hang onto current pc agendas to support their pov, when information and new studies continue revealing new questions and possibilities. Stick your head back in the sand where you are comfortable.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You have my permission to make sense now.

No answer? Girl-on-girl doesn't do it for you, eh?

The matter is resolved. Tara is in the correct prison. Now, I look forward to your thread on reforming the prison industry and making sure that there are no errant penises endangering others that you're "so concerned about."

/fin

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No answer cause typing the word lesbian and bed does not make a sentence.

Like I said feel free to make sense anytime you get ready tell me what your question is.

You forget that I am a dumb redneck.

My thread would be very short and highly logical.

Everyone with a penis turn left and everyone without a penis turn right.

Problem solved.

edit on 31-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why don't you cite one of these studies, since you have them at your fingertips?

I've stated the understandings of the two largest health-care professional associations in the US.

Repeatedly. I'd be glad to post tons of other studies, research data, etc. if there's any purpose. I was just pulling the low-hanging fruit.

You are gesturing at nothing.

Your obsession with your own take on politics not withstanding, these issues are important matters of individual freedom.

T&C prevent me from speaking clearly of where I consider you keep your head most of the time.

Post your studies that have revolutionized our understandings of biology and psychology, and we'll discuss them.

Google quickly now, and make sure that you're not pulling up something from The Onion.
edit on 15Sat, 31 Oct 2015 15:01:23 -050015p0320151066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No answer cause typing the word lesbian and bed does not make a sentence.

Like I said feel free to make sense anytime you get ready tell me what your question is.

You forget that I am a dumb redneck.

I can't help you with your poor personal identity issues. See a doctor.

You were ridiculously positing that sexual activities would spontaneously burst into being with the presence of a penis and vagina in the same cell; I encouraged you to consider the far, far more likely sexual scenario in an all-woman's prison.

/shrug

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: dam00
Lame ha no I think not which ever prison it goes to will cause an additional risk factor, I would rather it carries that burden itself. If you cant do the time dont do the crime, it is halfway between male and female, should have thought about that before it went on a crime spree

Wow, you seem to disaprove of the judges decision, would that be because you distrust the judiciary in the first place?
You know, seeing as your avatar says "#JUSTICE for the ROTHERHAM 1400" I assume you have little faith in UK justice?

...I agree with you about the Rotherham 1400 for the record though.

Erm ! I thought we were staying on topic

For the record the thing that has kept me out of prison is knowing people who have been there
Men get raped by other men in prison fact !
So if this person with a penis was in a mens prison he could get raped, same risk as all the other in mates
he could have his fake boobs played with, well ok not a great thing but he chose to have them and then chose to act like a criminal before having is member removed
he could also have his feeling hurt
Thats my issue with the justice system, people worrying so much about feelings and over looking the physical side of crimes
he is more man than woman and in my opinion should be in a mans prison
but thats just my opinion

link   

originally posted by: seagull

Seems to me she'll be in protective custody. The officers, and prison officials, have no interest in the poostorm that would come down if something were to happen involving Ms. Hudson.

That's what would happen here in the States, anyway. Prisons get enough bad press, they don't need to go out of their way to create more.

What do you say to the increased cost involved in putting men in with the women?

Afterall many want this to be precedent now and feel that not separating gender is the new future.

You are a critical thinking person on most subjects so do you see the long term danger and cost in doing this?
First I must ask why are you so concerned about this as it is only a precedent in the UK, by a judge, so the Judiciary, with no appeal/objection from the Crown, or Parliament.
It does not affect your country. You are free to continue placing trans females in male prisons.

Second, your argument that she is a danger to the 360 odd other women there is ridiculous, she's probably #ting herself right now trying to get on with all the women she is sharing spaces with.

If it concerns you so much then you can always write to your President I suppose and demand that the decision by the judge in the UK never happens in the US.
You seem overly obsessed though with a changing argument...one thinks some folk protest too much sometimes...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You are so ate up with it you can not even see that your question here is missing details.

I would be happy to answer but you have to ask a question with enough info for someone to know what the subject is.

First off what lesbian are you referring too and what subject will I be speaking to your lesbian about?
edit on 31-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

/snore

/moving on

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

/snore

/moving on
Hahaha! I know what you mean, debating skills and all that.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Fair enough I guess I missed the new international rule that says Americans must mind there own business.

Surely you can see that posting on a website such as this opens the debate up for the whole world.

Seems that now you realize that the decision was not based on logic you now have to call in to question the legitimacy of any person that points out the uturn away from logic.

It is what it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nope, just pointing out that you do not need to fear the judges decision as it is only precedent in the UK.
Your prison/judiciary system will also take advantage of this decision because you can be sure as eggs is eggs that HM Prison Service will be managing this as closely as they can.
This is evolution.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'd have to say it's not going to happen often enough to bother making special arrangements. How many transgender people are going to jail?

In the Washington State penitentiary, there are currently only about a dozen, or so. None are post-op. According to my source, if post op transgender are sent to Walla Walla this is what will happen.

1) Transgender inmates are graded as to how "out there" they are. I mean in terms of flamboyance. Most just want to do their time, and get out. Others are much more likely to have issues in General Population, those are the ones who will be placed in protective custody.

2) The Dept. of Corrections are mandated by state law to take into account the likelihood of sexual assault. Which is why young inmates are never assigned a cell mate a lot older then they are. As an example: I'm fifty-one years old, I would not be assigned, as a cell mate, an 18 year old kid, if there was any likelihood of me taking advantage of him in a sexual manner.

So, there's already in place very strict guidelines for the protection of transgenders, not just female, but male, as well. Since the same risk applies. ...and it's not just for their safety, but the safety of the corrections staff.

The population is so small that special considerations such as a wing set aside exclusive to transgender just isn't cost effective.

Hope I answered your questions? This is all second hand info. any mistakes are my own, not the source.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just wondering where the lines are on this issue.

Do masculine women now go in the men's prison?

Is this based on looks or actions?

Seems like the answer here is looks cause his actions are masculine.

This decision just clouds the deciding process and defies logic.

If this is evolution then that is just fine cause I can now evolve into a dragon and leave this debate behind.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think if I were in charge of figuring this out then I would just keep them by their selves to avoid litigation.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Looks will play a roll, no doubt of that.

So, too, will be behaviour.

Inmates safety, too, is a big consideration. Not just hers, but the others sharing the space.

It's judged, here in the states, on a case by case basis. Most, the vast majority, will hunker down, do their time, go home. Some won't. That's the line. Blurry, like most of 'em. Prison staff rely on experience and training on those calls.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If this is evolution then that is just fine cause I can now evolve into a dragon and leave this debate behind.
It clearly is evolution of the UK state because the Judiciary has set a precedent with no appeal from the Crown or Parliament.

You may not like it but evolution of the Judiciary it most certainly is.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join