It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do not pretend that the judge made the decision.

The public made the decision for the judge.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You have no problem ignoring the fact that some women are now in danger and that puts added pressure on the penal system.

How are they in danger? She was born with a female gender identity.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You have no problem ignoring the fact that some women are now in danger and that puts added pressure on the penal system.

Because she is violent and has a dick !

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Men and women are different and belong in separate prisons just as has always been there and here.
Unlucky, the UK judiciary recognises transgender people and determines prisons appropriate to gender.
Suck it up and quit yer bitchin', as I said earlier, it doesn't affect you in the US, your system can continue to throw trans folk to the wolves in male prisons.
You can be happy that the case in the OP will not affect that as it is in the UK.
...why are you bitchin' anyway?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

You just refuse to accept logic.

This debate here is definitely taking away from any credibility you have.

The stances you are taking are weak and petty.

Men and women are different and belong in separate prisons just as has always been there and here.

The subject of the op is a man in a woman's prison.

There have always been reasons that things are the way they are and you seek to speak against the established norms.

Nope. I refuse to accept your scientifically-ignorant statements as fact. I refuse to allow you to try to rephrase the discussion in your own limited terms and get away with it.

The subject of the OP is the gender identity of Tara. The right level judge made the right decision.

You're obsessed with her penis. I can't help that fact.

You don't give a hoot about women being in danger, and I find it personally appalling that you're trying to sustain that masquerade.

Women in prison are internationally in more danger from male corrections workers. You're still silent on that issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Do not pretend that the judge made the decision.

The public made the decision for the judge.

Oh stop with your assertions presented as fact yeah.
The judge made the decision, and you have no evidence to present here that the online petition made any difference whatsoever.

Now, if you rephrase it as opinion fair enough, but quit with your lame assertions yeah.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

Because she is violent and has a dick !

Oh behave with your bull# as well, she is outnumbered 300+ to 1 in Eastwood Park, which has an established hierarchy in the population. She is at more risk due to the publicity and you bleat for the safety of the majority of other female prisoners.

Lame as # argument and you know it.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

She's also outnumbered by several orders of magnitude, and some of those prisoners are violent as well, maybe even more so.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That is exactly what I find to be in question because of his crime history.

I can see the logic being used to defend him but in truth this person does not fit the bill of a woman.

It would be easy to write off my statements but they have substance on this particular issue.

The reason he still has a penis is because he uses it on others and enjoys it enough to keep and on top of that he has a history that matches that of a masculine person.

If the goal was to send in a man to have sex with the female prisoners then job well done.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Typical. Show me where I said this person should go to a male prison. Show me where I criticized the judge for his decision, much less where I said I hated it.

Intolerance?! You are the one who is intolerant of others here on this thread that have voiced legitimate concerns, because in your high and mighty attitude, you think your pov is superior to theirs. Not. You have to be able to see all around, up and down, over and beyond the surface of an issue. Too many people think within tiny little boxes and are incapable of being tolerant of anyone that sees outside that tiny little box and has a different world view.

You want to know what I feel? I feel pain for these people who suffer with this terrible dysphoria. In order to relieve it, they have to undergo harmful chemical therapies, painful surgeries, psychological pain, and any number of things that stress them and pain them. And, then for YOU to just tell the world to "move along, nothing to see here" is just plain hateful and selfish. You aren't interested in helping. You are only interested in your agenda and the acceptance of that agenda.

No. Some are not willing to accept your agenda.....and that does NOT make them bigots, homophobes, intolerant, or any of the other silly meme words you spout.

I think of the woman that insisted she was a blind person in a sighted body. She suffered this dysphoria immensely until she underwent surgery to permanently blind herself. She is now happy living as she thought she should always be...blind. You can argue till the cows come home that this biid is different, but it isn't. Anybody that thinks they are a woman in a man's body suffers biid like behaviors as the sighted woman did thinking she should really be a blind person.

Instead of forcing every thinking person on the planet to just accept these conditions, let's consider seriously that, yes, there "is something in the water". When a person says that this is not normal, nor healthy, don't blow them off as bigoted and intolerant. Why should they be forced into accepting such a thing as not worthy of our time, energy, and money to do some serious indepth long term studies on what could possibly be causing this.

Indeed. I am glad we do not know each other in real life.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lame ha no I think not which ever prison it goes to will cause an additional risk factor, I would rather it carries that burden itself. If you cant do the time dont do the crime, it is halfway between male and female, should have thought about that before it went on a crime spree

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Whatever, a UK judge has set a precedent making a decision based on all the facts of the case.
As all those who supported "It's the law!" when the Magistrate decreed a male prison, I say "It's the law!" now a (higher) Crown court Judge has decreed a female prison.
Unlucky, 1-0 to common sense and the Crown court.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: dam00

She's also outnumbered by several orders of magnitude, and some of those prisoners are violent as well, maybe even more so.

I suppose the one that really matters is the woman that has to bunk and shower with this dude.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00
Lame ha no I think not which ever prison it goes to will cause an additional risk factor, I would rather it carries that burden itself. If you cant do the time dont do the crime, it is halfway between male and female, should have thought about that before it went on a crime spree

Wow, you seem to disaprove of the judges decision, would that be because you distrust the judiciary in the first place?
You know, seeing as your avatar says "#JUSTICE for the ROTHERHAM 1400" I assume you have little faith in UK justice?

...I agree with you about the Rotherham 1400 for the record though.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The medical, psychological and scientific communities all acknowledge the realities of differing sexes (non-binary) and differing gender identities.

It is you, who view trans* issues as a sickness and that opinion is not borne out by the facts.

It is also you, who are the last person in this thread to talk about being on a high-horse.

You're trying to make this about agendas and forcing something on others. Tired, garden-variety tactics.

Some of us here are arguing for the rights of this woman in the face of state-sponsored oppression (until she was moved).

You are arguing for the ignorance of centuries to remain in place, even as we advance in our scientific understanding.

Medical science HAS considered that differing sexes and gender identities are pathological ... and as pointed out MANY TIMES here, have proven conclusively that they are not.

And your attempts to justify your prejudice in the name of freedom when actually you are arguing for greater injustice is rot.

While we're making it personal ... you're a blatant hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Will the judicial system be responsible for the child that stems from consensual sex or rape?

Will they just force an abortion?

How do you justify putting a women in harms way of this violent person.

I get that you believe the judge has some majic reason but personally what would you say to the feminine woman that has to bunk with this dude?

What is the bunk mate is not willing?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes, let Aerosmith speak for you since you can't argue against known medical science.

Awesome, dude.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Seems to me she'll be in protective custody. The officers, and prison officials, have no interest in the poostorm that would come down if something were to happen involving Ms. Hudson.

That's what would happen here in the States, anyway. Prisons get enough bad press, they don't need to go out of their way to create more.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Straight up what would you say to the woman that is forced to bunk with this dude with a boner?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Will the judicial system be responsible for the child that stems from consensual sex or rape?

Will they just force an abortion?

How do you justify putting a women in harms way of this violent person.

I get that you believe the judge has some majic reason but personally what would you say to the feminine woman that has to bunk with this dude?

What is the bunk mate is not willing?

Now you're a fortune-teller? Women are IN HARMS way all over the world and you're ignoring it.

And you're almost obsessively concerned with the sex you imagine will be happening, and that says far more about you than you want it to.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join