It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Tara Hudson loses all-male prison appeal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think you are trying to argue with someone who actually agrees with you???

I was replying to deadeyedick. Since he was so worried about her "functional penis" that would mean that she is a lesbian. It is a myth that transgender people are automatically gay. Since I doubt that she is gay, there is nothing to worry about her penis. I know a few transgender women that never um get it up around women. So that would make it 'non functional penis'.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00
a reply to: MrCrow
I thought she had been moved, but that was yesterday, so maybe some thing has changed, in my opinion she wasn't being very lady like when she headbutted a waiter which is what she got locked up for.

Yep, she is in HMP Eastwood Park now, a female prison.
...and lol, you think the other 300 odd prisoners in Eastwood Park are ladylike? Crime is gender neutral, and your ladylike line seems 19th century to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I guess you just gotta suck it up as 'it's the law' as so many said before the judge overruled the original magistrate lol.

Well as you mentioned before, I don't have to suck up anything because we kicked your butts years ago and won our independence from your madness.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I think you are trying to argue with someone who actually agrees with you???

I was replying to deadeyedick. Since he was so worried about her "functional penis" that would mean that she is a lesbian. It is a myth that transgender people are automatically gay. Since I doubt that she is gay, there is nothing to worry about her penis. I know a few transgender women that never um get it up around women. So that would make it 'non functional penis'.
Ah sorry I took your 'non-functional penis' line to mean one that doesn't work, impotency.
Perhaps the penis in question is only aroused by male stimulation, who knows, gender and sexual orientation are two different things as I'm sure you know.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I guess you just gotta suck it up as 'it's the law' as so many said before the judge overruled the original magistrate lol.

Well as you mentioned before, I don't have to suck up anything because we kicked your butts years ago and won our independence from your madness.

What an amazing quality, on-topic response.

There are trans* people in the US as well Bone.

So, are you concerned for the man with the vagina in the male facility?

Is good ol' Christian charity at stake here? Will you go visit him in prison as Jesus counselled?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I would think that the man with a vagina would be the one at risk in an all-male facility rather than the other inmates.

So you don't think a woman is capable of raping someone with a functioning penis?

Are you concerned for his safety? Is that the basis of your question.

I think it was a simple enough question.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Perhaps the penis in question is only aroused by male stimulation, who knows, gender and sexual orientation are two different things as I'm sure you know.

Oh I know that. I have debated alongside with Gryphon and others on this topic and if you see my post history you will see that I am on your and theirs' side

I have a friend who dated a transgender woman. He said that her "penis" have never worked once. Ok ok ok TMI I know LOL.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh dear, is that the best argument you have? Tragic.
...oh and look where your independence got you lol, roid rage cops who routinely beat or kill citizens for failing to comply or show respect, and a prison system which would put her:
...in a male prison.

Yep, I'm happy to be a British citizen.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I thought she had been moved, but that was yesterday, so maybe some thing has changed, in my opinion she wasn't being very lady like when she headbutted a waiter which is what she got locked up for.

...and lol, you think the other 300 odd prisoners in Eastwood Park are ladylike? Crime is gender neutral, and your ladylike line seems 19th century to me.

A false statement that a simple search will prove yourself wrong.

Crime is not gender neutral.

Tell me just what is the test that determines how the court can know what gets this person off or up in his case?

Would you put me in a female prison?

You keep posting that pic as if looks are the determining factor in deciding if this violent person will strike again.

edit on 31-10-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

A woman is capable of raping someone with operative or inoperative genitalia of all sorts; rape isn't about sex, it's an act of violence.

As is my question: you don't have an answer? Are you concerned for the man with a vagina's safety or not? Or are you concerned for the other inmates?

Seems to me a fair question as you're feigning concern in the other example.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Support your claim that crime is not gender-neutral if you can. Don't ask us to do your debating for you.

Are you claiming that courts make determinations of prison assignment on the basis of sexual preferences or excitement?

And if you are concerned about Tara's violence, why aren't you concerned for the male inmates as well?

(Logical consistency is not a strong-point for you, is it?)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What an amazing quality, on-topic response.

Try to follow along with our conversation if you're going to butt into it will ya. I didn't start the international snobbery.

Is good ol' Christian charity at stake here? Will you go visit him in prison as Jesus counselled?

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yep Im an old fashioned type. So what do we do if this kind of thing takes off, do we start building special prisons for them ? would we have a transgender prison or a Man/Lady prison and a Lady/Man prison, either way I think their funny

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Oh get over it fella, you were almost creaming your pants when my thread and this thread were discussing the sentence at a male prison, then when the judge overruled the magistrate mid thread you start crying your eyes out lol.

The law is the law remember, and the judge made the correct choice as far as I see it, especially when the judge had more information about the prisoner than you or I have.
Unlucky, I know the decision troubles you badly, and for the record I take some pleasure out of knowing that.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

(I just can't get over that thumb...ugh) I bet he wears a size 12 shoe, too.

All they would have to do is stop the hormone injections, take out the implants, stop the blonde dye jobs, take off all that make up, let his eyebrows grow back normally, and he would fit in just fine in a male prison. And...he gets to keep the penis (which, btw, I'm still worried about its health).

I don't advocate the above, but you have to admit, you are looking at a fake female sexually, albeit not gender wise. Nothing wrong with that, though, if it relieves the dysphoria.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

More non-answers and side-stepping.

Speaking of the conversation, let me know when you want to discuss something on topic.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You just refuse to accept logic.

This debate here is definitely taking away from any credibility you have.

The stances you are taking are weak and petty.

Men and women are different and belong in separate prisons just as has always been there and here.

The subject of the op is a man in a woman's prison.

There have always been reasons that things are the way they are and you seek to speak against the established norms.

You have no problem ignoring the fact that some women are now in danger and that puts added pressure on the penal system.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

All they would have to do is stop the hormone injections, take out the implants, stop the blonde dye jobs, take off all that make up, let his eyebrows grow back normally, and he would fit in just fine in a male prison. And...he gets to keep the penis (which, btw, I'm still worried about its health).

I don't advocate the above, but you have to admit, you are looking at a fake female sexually, albeit not gender wise. Nothing wrong with that, though, if it relieves the dysphoria.
Why are you so desperate for this prisoner to be sent to a male prison?
Not that it matters of course because a UK judge has made a common sense decision, but I bet you hate that decision was made though lol.
Your posted words in this thread indicate much intolerance and bigotry to me...I am glad we do not know each other in real life.

link   

Again you ignore the penis in a womens prison and until you can disprove functionality then you are supporting putting women in harms way just so you can be pc.

Without the penis there would be no situation.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You too have voiced the true problem at the core of the issue, perfectly and horribly.

You want to focus on her appearance and her medical treatments. You don't care at all about her identity as a person.

Sorry, you don't get to decide who is a "fake" anything for anyone but yourself, and since we are discussing the societal response to trans* issues, the fact that your opinion is what enables horrible discrimination IS the important factor here.

You can believe what you wish; but when you start suggesting that society has the right to strip someone of their identity, even obliquely, you're crossing a line.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join