It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangular UFOs, older than many would have you think ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Was having a scout round on YouTube when I found this interview with Lee Speigel from Huffington Post. From approximately 22 mins 45 seconds there's a case which, is new to me. Not some lone witness either rather, a series of sightings Hynek asked Speigel to check out for him where, if it were one of today's "reality show" style documentaries, they would have hit the mother load, paydirt central. Speigel found himself, accompanied by police officers having a close encounter with a Triangular shaped UFO and this was 1975. The sighting turned into a "pursuit" across several counties and includes a Police Chief called Gary Moor(e) having some interaction with the Triangle.

I'm not wholly sure from Speigel's pronunciation whether the sighting was in Lumberton or Lumbertown North Carolina. The object is described as about twice the size overall of a couple of police squad cars, so not the gigantic triangle that so often is described in later years. Anyway, a fascinating tale to add to the list and well worth a listen.

edit on 30-10-2015 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

Lumberton NC. It's south side of NC on I-95 about 20 miles from the SC border.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I have family and friends who were witness to the southern IL black triangles back in the 80's/90's in roughly the same area as the Lebanon mass sighting.

Don't know what they are, but I believe they are real.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Those sightings were probably real.....the only question in my mind is, are the Triangles "theirs" or "ours"?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireMoon
Was having a scout round on YouTube when I found this interview with Lee Speigel from Huffington Post. From approximately 22 mins 45 seconds there's a case which, is new to me. Not some lone witness either rather, a series of sightings Hynek asked Speigel to check out for him where, if it were one of today's "reality show" style documentaries, they would have hit the mother load, paydirt central. Speigel found himself, accompanied by police officers having a close encounter with a Triangular shaped UFO and this was 1975. The sighting turned into a "pursuit" across several counties and includes a Police Chief called Gary Moor(e) having some interaction with the Triangle.

I'm not wholly sure from Speigel's pronunciation whether the sighting was in Lumberton or Lumbertown North Carolina. The object is described as about twice the size overall of a couple of police squad cars, so not the gigantic triangle that so often is described in later years. Anyway, a fascinating tale to add to the list and well worth a listen.

As I recall, there is a somewhat simplistic movie length documentary from 1976, (supposedly banned) that features the triangle, rendered the same as the so-called TR-3B flying triangle, seen here in a capture from the video. This sighting was April 1975.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-10-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

(post by AndyStar removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Those sightings were probably real.....the only question in my mind is, are the Triangles "theirs" or "ours"?

No doubt that is the real question. I have been a long time fan of alien life or life outside of Earth. Numbers just tell me that it's out there. Now that being said...It just doesn't make sense for these aliens to covertly be operating in our skies. Maybe but it just doesn't. I firmly believe that the United States has those black projects that not even the POTUS knows about. Aliens is a good cover story as it allows us to continue this advanced technology.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Aliens is a good cover story as it allows us to continue this advanced technology.

I don't believe it's a cover story. Think about it. Ok, these controllers have stolen an unimaginable fortune from us, as a civilization, and have given very little back. They have most certainly made many craft, but do you think they can hide the manufacture of thousands of these craft? It can't be the case as there are too many different designs, not to mention all those that have been reported from ancient times..

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Black triangle have been seen all across the world, and since the 1950's. The Germans had been experimenting with flying wing aircraft during World War II, so there isn't any reason why they couldn't be "ours". It's a bit of a coincidence that the lights on these vehicles should match the colors (red, green, white) specified by international aviation regulations. Then there are all sorts of stealth drones that are like scaled down fighters and bombers.

There were stories back in the 1980's where black triangles were reported to have hovered above cars, causing the paintwork to melt as well as cause first degree burns to the driver (microwave radiation?). Others have been reported to have sent red beams of light into the sky. Possibly these were laser communications, which was a research topic back then.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

As well, it explains the lack of interest on the part of the government in pursuing the out dated "rocket" technology in terms of space exploration. O.K. for putting satellites into low earth orbit and servicing the space station, but otherwise too slow, expensive and wasteful for interplanetary explorations.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

That depends. Did they hide the design and manufacture of V2s? Lippisch DMs? Horten 229s? Elektrokanone? Schallkanone? If you want to make something in secret, you could do it underground.

And if they're keeping it secret from us, you just know they're eventually planning to use them on us.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Alien triangle ships on Mars. Note the intertia-free stops and starts:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

If you want to make something in secret, you could do it underground.

I agree and I'm sure that happens a lot. My point was that there are too many vehicles for them all to have come from this planet without a boat load of people knowing about and or reporting about such a widespread and massive undertaking. Besides, again, things like Vimanas were reportedly flying around, long ago.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't know why (if true) that the Aliens would make a deal with our government for abducting our citizens in exhange for technology, if they are so advanced then why ask for permission? If they did make a deal, then it means WE have something they CAN'T defeat, produce, defend?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

....the only question in my mind is, are the Triangles "theirs" or "ours"?

Perhaps the answer to that question is actually both?

a reply to : Firemoon

Good topic and I'll check that interview out when I get a chance.

If they began to appear around 1975 then that sort of ties in with the end of the first age of ufology. Prior to then it always seemed a more innocent age of saucer sightings, grainy photos and tales of contact with humanoids. In 1975 we had the Travis Walton abduction where humans and grey like aliens feature. Then it all begins to change rapidly.

After 1975 we get the more sinister abduction stories, the grey guys become the prime alien species reported, the triangles outnumber the saucers and dark stories of government conspiracies all feature a lot heavier in the lore.

I don't know an awful lot about the history of the Black Triangles so it will be interesting to see how the thread develops.

edit on 30/10/15 by mirageman because: correction

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I don't know why (if true) that the Aliens would make a deal with our government for abducting our citizens in exhange for technology, if they are so advanced then why ask for permission? If they did make a deal, then it means WE have something they CAN'T defeat, produce, defend?

True. There are a number of other ways they could accomplish the same things (whatever that might be) where they wouldn't have to deal with us at all. They could grow people in cages on the Moon if they have enough power -- which one would assume if they're able to travel great distances in space and time to interact with us.

The only thing I can imagine "aliens" might want from us that they can't get anywhere else is some kind of reality construct as seen from a particular individual's point-of-view. Maybe there's a way some certain individuals interact with reality that is more important than others -- actualizing existence or something -- that they need to study or control. Genetic trans-temporal links through DNA? Consciousness/reality nexus points? But that kind of thing is so outside our normal modes of science that it veers way off into airy-fairy la-la territory. Nothing we can reasonably study or hypothesize about.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Triangle UFO Top Secret TR-3B Astra Video 1
Most are stealth fighters, however, the rest below may be CGI
I have seen on myself, though, stationary and unlit over the green mountains at night, atmospheric ambient light was sufficient to see a black rectangle that seemed relatively stationary at medium distance, medium elevation, and medium size.

edit on 30-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Huge stretch on that one.

The way fiction often precedes life is something that's intriguing. Sometimes it's like humanity's imagination is broadcasting on a wavelength that prospective, speculative Folk from Elsewhere can tune in to. I get the idea that we're framed as empty vessels for cultural memes and that we misinterpret some mundane stuff as being extraordinary...it happens.

Has the TV show generated all these black triangle reports?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Has the TV show generated all these black triangle reports?

When dealing with non-linear time, trying to determine cause and effect can be a little tricky. I tend to shy away from attributing any particular sighting or experience to perceptual contamination from a TV show. Like the Betty and Barney Hill experience. Assuming a lot of things (like that it actually happened), I don't give a lot of credence to the notion that they were influenced by an episode of the Outer Limits, especially since it was never proven that they even saw the show. Can people be somehow be influenced by the "cultural milieu," to the point where some encounter gray aliens even without actually having seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

Maybe reality is a consensus that is reinforced by ESP (or whatever you want to call it) without us even knowing it. That's getting into some pretty Jungian territory that is very hard to measure.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join