It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German govt uses luxury hotel to house migrants without giving notice..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is a brief journalistic documentary concerning a hotel in Germany, The Maritim Hotel, in the city of Halle that has suddenly ceased to operate because it is going and currently now is, being utilized to house refugees in that city. The staff and personnel of the Four(4) Star hotel, had received no notice that they would be losing their jobs due to the syrian refugee resettlement plans. Apparently the refugees began entering the accomodation facility in early October, and now 100's and much more, workers and employees, some of whom had been with Maritim for over 40 years(!), are suddenly left without work, completely dispossessed by the government action.

The video is in German and lasts about 9 minutes, and is serious, thoughtful, professional coverage and footage of these events;

Here is the link:www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-10-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

There are two sides to this story:

(a) the government IS looking for every possible place to shelter refugees against the autumn weathers. Winter will be following soon.
(b) the owner(!) made the decision that it is far more lucrative to rent his house to the government. The government did not intend to resolve all employment contracts.

Yeah, in my city the local mayor decided to open up an unused retail shop (rather large) without the owners consent. The firebrigade opened the doors and the owner (who couldn't be reached in time for this) had to accept it later on.
As he gets paid about 25 EUR per person and day, I think he will be quite pleased with this, he didn't have to renovate prior, he did not have to pay for anything the refugees need in that house, he just gets cash for doing nothing, and the building was destined for demolition anyway.
edit on 30 10 2015 by ManFromEurope because: demolishion -> demolition

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Since the refugees are here ... everything must be done to make sure they have what they need. Food, shelter ... and something to do.

The last part, is what we should be focusing on ... we can't turn these places into slums. Human right, is not merely about food and shelter, but also life and pursue of happiness. These people need work, and we need some visionaries here in Europe, who can bring us some new things that require labour. And we can't just take labour away from locals, to give to the refugees ...

We MUST CREATE JOBS ... NOW.

If we don't this will turn up badly in a year or two. When young people and old, roam the streets and search for "alternative" means of income.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I am so grateful I live on an island. Hotels in one of our premier resorts - Bournemouth have been occupied by asylum seekers for months/year here yet we can't house ex service personnel who are homeless. Good policy to look after strangers who are mostly economic migrants rather than our own who fought in countries like Afghanistan - so nice for these ex soldiers to meet the people from there living in luxury over here whilst they are homeless I don't think.

I fully appreciate the weather is changing for winter - but so did the refugees when they left their countries so it was merely another point in their favour knowing decent people would do their best to help - but the cost is going to be enormous. These people should have been housed in their own country so they could return to their homes etc once it is realised that Assad isn't going anywhere. Its a great pity Russia didn't step in earlier. It could have been a game changer for most of them.

What also puzzles me is that most are muslim so shouldn't have been under any threat from ISIS etc, so why are we taking Muslims and not just Christian and other groups supposedly unacceptable as human beings to ISIS?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Teach and pay them to build there own winter proof housing.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Since the refugees are here ... everything must be done to make sure they have what they need. Food, shelter ... and something to do.

The last part, is what we should be focusing on ... we can't turn these places into slums. Human right, is not merely about food and shelter, but also life and pursue of happiness. These people need work, and we need some visionaries here in Europe, who can bring us some new things that require labour. And we can't just take labour away from locals, to give to the refugees ...

We MUST CREATE JOBS ... NOW.

If we don't this will turn up badly in a year or two. When young people and old, roam the streets and search for "alternative" means of income.

No offense but, shouldn't you and your leaders thought this through?

Accepting unlimited refugees with not enough places to house them, nor existing jobs for them to fill is a recipe for creating a permanent underclass that will overall lower the quality of life for your nation. It makes no sense to me to make your own country suffer trying to help too much. You have it, good luck. See how it is after 5 or 10 years of this refugee influx.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

No offense but, shouldn't you and your leaders thought this through?

None taken.

I agree whole heartedly ...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

What also puzzles me is that most are muslim so shouldn't have been under any threat from ISIS etc, so why are we taking Muslims and not just Christian and other groups supposedly unacceptable as human beings to ISIS?

ISIS high death toll on Muslims

ISIS is killing anyone who doesn't share their specific view of Islam and who won't swear loyalty.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It´s unethical !
Same is happening elsewhere too. In Helsinki some students have been kicked out from their apartments for few weeks notice because govt pays more to apartment owners when they shelter refugees in them. Is this ethical ?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wonder when the wave of American hating Europeans are going to get sick of being second class citizens in their own country and migrate to the U.S?

new topics

top topics

join