It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What predictions does Creationism make? (a fundamental requirement in science class)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Did I say humans are special? No.

The point is to demonstrate that the creation model made clear and testable predictions....(I say made because the creation model has been around for ages and most of its predictions have already been verified or falsified)

the human body having the same composition as the dirt of the earth(from dust you came...)
the universe being finite(in the beginning)
water being present on early earth
the surface of early earth was dark
early earth lacked continents(formless and void)
and
the preparation of the earth was not instantaenous but was progressive, each step took time("day1" "day2")

These were just a few of the predictions I could grab from a quick sampling of Genesis....

A2D

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you really gonna squabble over semantics....?
edit on 1-11-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

semantics....

No.
A quote.

Your attempts to claim that the fact that everything is made of elements somehow supports scripture...now that's semantics.

edit on 11/1/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What predictions does Atheism make? (a fundamental requirement in science class)

Anybody?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Let's play a game...

If I were to call my mother a b[snip]...what would you think I'm calling her?
If I were to say, "I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse right now!"...what would you think I mean?
and
If I were to say, dust you are and to dust you will return...what would you think I mean?

A2D

(Again, early man had no way of knowing his body was made of the same stuff as the dirt or as the sky....it was a prediction made when the creation model(genesis) was established..and it has been validated by science...)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

What predictions does Atheism make? (a fundamental requirement in science class)

Randy, do you actually think that atheism is a requirement for science? If so, it seems you don't really understand either one.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

"I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse right now!"...what would you think I mean?
That you were speaking metaphorically.

If I were to say, dust you are and to dust you will return...what would you think I mean?
That you were either ignorant or speaking metaphorically. I am not dust.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Good...you've demonstrated a knowledge of metaphors..

Now can you explain to me why you insist on taking Genesis 3:19 literally instead of metaphorically?

As you know, metaphors highlight the similarities between two objects...Couldn't "from dust you came and to dust you shall return" be mans attempt at highlighting the compositional similarities of the human body and the dirt of the earth(crust)?

A2D

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Now can you explain to me why you insist on taking Genesis 3:19 literally instead of metaphorically?

I don't. I think it was written out of ignorance.

Couldn't "from dust you came and to dust you shall return" be highlighting the compositional similarities of the human body and the dirt of the earth(crust)?
Now you're just playing the game of interpretation. I think that they thought people were created by God, from dirt. Because the whole of Genesis is pretty clear about that (and a bunch of other silly stuff).

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Is creationism a requirement?
Just making a simple point Phage not much to understand really.
edit on Rpm110115v03201500000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So they ignorantly guessed that their body...(which looks nothing like dirt) was made out of the same stuff as dirt? Interesting stance....especially considering these were the very people who based everything they "knew" on observation....

They must have also ignorantly guessed that the earth had water on it when it was first formed...
And that it was dark...
And that it was formed over time...

A2D

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

A requirement for what?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm following in your context my good man.
A requirement for science . I do not think atheism is a requirement for science
class I do not think Creation is a requirement for science class.
edit on Rpm110115v25201500000025 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

They must have also ignorantly guessed that the earth had water on it when it was first formed... And that it was dark... And that it was formed over time...

Your interpretations.

Water? Liquid water, like you mean, "the deep"? What makes you think there was water on the Earth when it first formed? Science says there wasn't water for quite a while afterwards. It was way too hot.

What makes you think the Earth was dark, btw?

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Zircons...zircons make me think there was water on the Earth....they indicate that Earth developed water around 4.3 to 4.4 billion years ago....much earlier than "quite awhile afterwards"...

"There were continents and water really early — and maybe oceans and life — all to be obliterated later by meteorites, with almost no record left except these zircons." - William Peck, of Colgate University in Hamilton, New York

A2D

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

A requirement for science .

Is creationism a requirement for science?
Not that I'm aware of.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Anybody?

Atheism has nothing to do with science. Most people who accept various scientific fields/research/theories/practices are religious. So despite being an absurd and ignorant remark (which is why no one responded to the troll comment), it's also completely off topic.
edit on 1/11/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I do not think atheism is a requirement for science
class I do not think Creation is a requirement for science class. Admittedly you
have me at huge disadvantage Phage. But I'm not afraid to challenge you once
in awhile. You wanna go right now suka fish?
Come own! I will take you dowm Esse!

I'm kidding don't hit me?
edit on Rpm110115v24201500000045 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Well it makes as much sense as your heading.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Ghost147

Well it makes as much sense as your heading.

Creationists claim that Creationism is scientific. In order for something to apply to the Scientific Method and be considered Scientific then it must make predictions. So asking "What predictions does Creationism make?" makes perfect sense.

No Atheist ever claimed that Atheism is scientific.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join