It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police fake towers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have heard of these fake towers the police use to set up drug busts and other activity. That being said my sister and brother in law are in trouble in that realm of things. He is in prison for 40 years as a direct result to drugs, she just got out of drug court.

Well starting this morning my phone is not sending texts right away I have to press resend 3 or 4 times. This has never happened before. After a few hours of this it started working fine when I went to my gfs house 35 minutes away in a little country town.

I just got back home and what do you know, it's happening again. So I sent a text to myself saying hey cops I know you're using illegal towers to intrude on my business so stop. Waiting for results.

Curious to what you guys think. They still aend after a few attempts, but this is a first. Had this phone over a year never once happened. I think I'm a target of a new toy they just got or have had.

Ps. I do nothing illegal, but due to my family I wonder if they thought they may have an easy target for their illegal new toy.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, with the cell towers(such as with Stingray*), in many cases you don't have to do anything wrong to be monitored. Everyone gets caught in the web. Not saying that your case as needs more info. Are you near a military base?

Would first off try and see if other people that you know who use the service are having the same issue. Or even call the service.

Outside of the tower concern, when anyone even pay per minute or per month with non contract cards, the company's can and will if asked send info over to authorities.

Would look more into, see if maybe your local PD has one- Stingray

Maps and more see here

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I use at&t for my carrier. I looked at the map it shows state police have stingrays in use, but any pd could get one at anytime I'm sure. The surrounding 3 towns have extremely bad drug problems.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

They're called Stingray or Kingfisher devices, they impersonate a regular cell tower. They're small enough to fit into the trunk of a squad car. They convince all cell phones in the nearby area to connect to it, then on to a real tower. So, it basically plays a man in the middle. Supposedly they use it for locating suspects, but the newer models can record conversations and pull your phone book , call logs and text messages off your phone too.

You won't know your phone is passing through one of these devices -- so I doubt these gizmos have anything to do with your phone acting up. Most people hate their cell phones anyway and are always cursing and swearing at them freezing up or not working right. You are probably just paying more attention than normal because of your circumstances.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

40 years for drugs and Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld walk free with pockets full of Gold whilst their fingers drip with blood of millions of innocents murdered in Iraq...

Anyway i would say you are being monitored more than what Stingray just picks up as you are a close family member and also the IRS have them as well.

And in terms of being innocent nowadays the fact of the matter is there are lunatics in power persecuting people they dislike and the laws are so perverted and way in favor of authoritarian despots that they could indite a hamburger.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I would agree, but texting goes as this. Type send recieve. Never type send, failed, failed, failed, recieved. It didn't happen 35 minutes away. My guess would be the middleman stingray has some funky code having trouble passing texts to the main tower. My grandmothers phone wasn't doing it. Same carrier/tower. As well as my childs mother. Just something wasn't/isn't right.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Its not unusual for mobile towers to fail and these days the companies don't do maintenance to fix problems before the tower fails as its generally cheaper just to send someone out to fix it when it does fail.

With mobile communications theres multiple levels of encryption and they have to be negotiated between the phone and the tower and its all done with no user input, the police cell tower will respond to a connection request and return that its not able to do any encryption and the phone will fall back to that, then its very easy to record the data stream

but as for no signal its probably some drunk driver hitting the cell tower at the side of the road and they've got to ship someone in from miles away to fix it as the last thing if they was wanting to monitor phone signals would be to muck it up and people decide to visit each other in person etc

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Again would totally agree, but the at&t tower is in the middle of town by the community center. It's far from any road in a field. Maybe lightning or wind?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

In my area, western ma, they have them in their personal cars. They go trolling around the highways like some psycho gang fishing for anything. If only there was a way to make the public aware. People would go ape****. Towers seem to be lower level at least in my neighborhood. And there are hundreds of them active around here. There are phone apps to help you see and detect them. I would advise getting one. Trust your gut. It is usually correct

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: speedofdarkness

The strange thing. It all stopped after I sent a text to myself telling to them to fu** right off and I know what they're doing

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Imagine if everyone co-operated enough to agree to send 'gibberish' msgs a few times a week. Text or email. Millions of
" asdffs sf ksjksdfh djkdf khsfdl !! 34980vnu af-489yr4 " awdnhqwr hoqwr !! " flying around. Jam this in your cell tower.

top topics

join