It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mirror of Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What is it you see when you look into a mirror? Light bouncing off of a flat surface and into your eye, that light reveals your body and the room around you. Where is that light emanating from though? Some will say the light bulb hanging up in the room, and that is partially true, but there is another light that it is reflecting, the one that you shine onto it.

Look at a mirror and then close your eyes. Is that mirror reflecting light any longer? Objectively it is, but subjectively it is not. What do I mean by that though? By objectively I mean that if someone is standing in the room with you they will still see light still bouncing off of the mirror, but subjectively if there is no one else there in the room with you, the mirror is no longer reflecting any light when you close your eyes.

How is that? Because when something is not being observed it no longer exists in any concrete way from a subjective point of view as the double-slit experiment has proven time and time again. If an observer is not present, any one thing is only in a perpetual state of probability until an observer is present. Only when an observer is present does anything become concrete.

This implies that we as observers create reality as we experience it in a passive way. Just as we don't have to think about our heart beating in order for it to beat, we don't have to think about creating the world in order to create it, it just happens whether we want it to or not.

Everything we see is created within the brain, in that sense there is no "outside" because everything we know about the "outside" world is a product of things happening within ourselves. The five (most prominent) senses are entirely the products of our brains, of our consciousness. What is there other than what the five (most prominent) senses reveal to us? If I look at you, YOU are a product of my consciousness as I am to your consciousness. We are "within" one another in that sense. "As above, so below. As within, so without." Whatever is "without" is the same as that which is "within", meaning you are in me and I am in you.

So when you look into a mirror, what you see is a reflection of yourself. Not just your body, but the room around you as well. In an even bigger sense, the world is a mirror image of what you are as well, reality is a mirror that we constantly look into that is reflecting ourselves.

The world around us is a mirror, everything you see in the world around you is because it reflects light into your eyes. It is a mirror and it reflects both the sun's (objective) light and your (subjective) light. Just as you see yourself in the mirror in your house, you also see yourself in the world outside of your house, we are the universe looking at itself and trying to understand itself. This is the nature of God in my opinion, not the religious God but the natural one. The complexity and perfection of the universe around us is a perfect reflection of what is within us: perfection.

We are so much bigger and more important than most people realize. Without you, there would be nothing, there would be nothing to observe the reflection of reality and reality would cease to exist in any meaningful way. Find yourselves people, it will set you free.

Thank you for reading.

edit on 10/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"All is one, one is all."

That's why I AM.

This sentiments makes alot of sense to me about this reality complex than any other. In truth, mainstream Science is only a piece of the puzzle.

Say if you were dead for eons, and suddenly regain consciousness, the years that passed becomes irrelevant.

In fact, that analogy is a linear way of seeing it, or you could just say I switched to a parallel reality that is eons ahead of my last recognizable linear perspective.

Peace

edit on 29-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
but subjectively if there is no one else there in the room with you, the mirror is no longer reflecting any light when you close your eyes.

How is that? Because when something is not being observed it no longer exists in any concrete way from a subjective point of view as the double-slit experiment has proven time and time again.

Sorry, but you err in your assumption that "YOU" must perceive something for it to exist.
'You', particularly' are not necessary!
The same One Universal Consciousness peeks from all 'eyes' (every point in the Universe)!
To exist is to be known, perceived, by ANY observer!
Every point in the Universe is a unique Conscious Perspective/observer, Soul!!

Perhaps an illustration;

If a tree falls in the forest, and there are none to hear (goes the old Zen koan), does it make a sound?

~~~ sound
dictionary.reference.com...

1. the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.
2. mechanical vibrations transmitted through an elastic medium, traveling in air at a speed of approximately 1087 ft. (331 m) per second at sea level.

^^^^^^^^^^^
According to the first definition, no.
There would be no "organs of hearing" (assuming that there are no other "organs of hearing" around; squirrels, warthogs, bluebirds of happiness, faeries, whatever...) present.

And no, according to the second definition;
If there is no one perceiving those 'vibrations', they cannot/do not exist.
Only that which is perceived, exists!

That which is perceived exists!
That which exists is perceived!
Not a thing exists that is not perceived!
Not a thing is perceived that does not exist!
(There is no, nor can there be, any evidence to the contrary!)
All inclusive!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually, to 'know' that there is a forest and a tree, they must be perceived!
"Knowledge is perception!"
It is not possible that there can be Perspectives perceiving the existence of the tree, and that it falls, without being there to perceive accompanying sounds, if any.
A tree cannot fall in the forest unless the forest and the tree and the falling are all perceived (even by a rock!)!
The very question is, from that Perspective, in error.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I wasn't speaking of me personally, I'm speaking of awareness in general. Without the act of observation (no matter who it is) nothing is concrete, only pure probability.

It's like Schrödinger's cat, when does the cat die? You can't know until you open the box and see for yourself.
edit on 11/7/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Observing is knowledge
Perception is mind f*******

Namaste

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I believe the problem is that the person who is trying to grasp your insight, can't cause his reality is different from yours like nameless. I like the philosophy behind your thinking

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What is it you see when you look into a mirror?

An old guy that years have run rampage upon... someone who was once young but now... old.

On the upside, I think myself somewhat more capable from all those years passed... all those moments experienced, all those mistakes that taught tough lessons that really didn't set in until years after even their happening.

Human life is, in my opinion, like living in a nursery; where we have just a very brief span from which to grasp our experiences and prepare for what follows. However, the most critical of those understandings... those lessons, is to take ourselves down from being so uselessly important and then, preparing for the realization of how little we really are... here, in this existence to what lies ahead.

Again, just one person's viewpoint

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

Observing is knowledge
Perception is mind f*******

Namaste

Observation and perception is the same thing.
We 'observe' the apple.
We 'perceive' the apple.
When I use them, they are the same.
Observation = perception = experience... = knowledge! *__-

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wasn't speaking of me personally, I'm speaking of awareness in general. Without the act of observation (no matter who it is) nothing is concrete, only pure probability. It's like Schrödinger's cat, when does the cat die? You can't know until you open the box and see for yourself.

That is what I said. *__-

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hmm...we blink on average 28,800 times a day, much more than is truly needed to keep the eyes lubricated.

So, blinking, one could postulate, is buffering said perceptions throughout the day while sleeping downloads the next reel of the following day.

Just thinking out loud...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The mirror of reality or how you perceive yourself is a common strategy of prisoners of war full stop it was easy to traumatize an individual and shows that individual a picture of someone else full stop next paragraph the person would believe that they were someone else full stop when the person saw the person they thought they were semicolon would black out full stop the perception we have of ourselves is a weakness that can be exploited full stop

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

If you're depersonalised, you could think you're an old man when in fact you're 20 years old full stop reply Post

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If you say they are the same for you only means you look at where someone points at.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If you say they are the same for you only means you look at where someone points at.

What does that even mean?
If you do not understand what I say, feel free to simply ask for clarity and I'll be happy to oblige.
I don't know what you are doing.
I know exactly what I am saying and can clearly explain if you care to understand.
If you just want to gainsay everything that I say, what's the point?

I said that there is no difference between 'observation' and 'perception'.
We open our eyes and 'perceive' light and color.
We 'see' it'!
We 'hear' it, we 'perceive' sound!
We 'feel' is, we 'perceive' texture!
We 'think' it, we 'perceive' thought!
Where's the problem in your understanding this?
Maybe I can help?
edit on 10-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, and im saying you are blind

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, and im saying you are blind

Whatever...

"We don't see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"

Have a nice day.
edit on 10-11-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Did you walk into my head and copy/paste my thoughts? Love to hear about these types of things. It reminds me of the reasons I have recently found for existence. Why there must be evil, and not only good. Ect. Ect. The world is a #ing paradox and when you reach the end of the rabbit hole, there is chaos.

top topics

join