It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappointed migrants 'too frightened' to live in Swedish woods

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Limedsforsen (Sweden) (AFP) - When he fled the war in Syria, Abdullah Waez dreamed of a new life in Sweden. But now that he's arrived, surrounded by a dark and cold forest, he says he's scared and doesn't see a future here.

Waez and 52 other asylum seekers were shocked when migration officials brought them by bus to their new accommodation on Sunday: a cluster of red wooden cabins in a forest in the village of Limedsforsen, some 400 kilometres (250 miles) northwest of Stockholm.

Some of the migrants moved into the cabins right away.

But a handful of others have refused. On Thursday evening they finally agreed to get off the two buses that drove them there, but continued to block one of the vehicles from leaving. Warming themselves in the glow of a bonfire, they were demanding to be taken to a bigger town.

"We don't understand why they've taken us to the forest where it's so dark and so cold. When we first arrived, we were frightened and we don't want to live like this –- in the middle of nowhere," says Waez, in temperatures hovering around seven degrees Celsius (45 Fahrenheit) as darkness fell around 4:00 pm.

The area's pristine nature, tranquil forest and clean air are normally cherished by Swedes who flock to the cabins during the winter ski season.

But Waez and the other refugees and migrants from the Middle East, Afghanistan and Africa were not having it.

"We don't like to stay in the woods, it's not our way," says Waez.

The Swedish Migration Agency says the country is receiving so many migrants and refugees -- at a rate of 10,000 a week -- that its capacities are being strained and it is beginning to erect tents to house some of the arrivals.

news.yahoo.com...

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"Cold"? "Dark"? I don't even.. What did they expect to get, 5 star luxury hotel rooms in the middle of the city?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I want to say first off I'm against the war in Syria and that the Syrians are really suffering but this? I mean the Swedes are grateful and yet these 'refugees' demand more. This shows that the a lot of these so called refugees want handouts. Meanwhile the real refugees are willing to live on these cabins.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
simple solution,send em back home.....unreal really aint it,what a thankful bunch of people.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sweden needs to put the word out that they are out of accommodations, then.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

If you don't like the "accommodations" or the woods, then go back, and #ing fight the assholes who are pillaging and destroying your homeland; back to where you came from! We in the west; yea, we like the woods, and mountains,and clean air, we have for many thousands of years and arguably longer than that. This kind of crap gets under my skin!

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Man oh man what ever happened to the saying "beggars can't be choosers"?
I guess the generation of entitlement had no boundaries....

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

fight the assholes who are pillaging and destroying your homeland;

Who? Russia, Iran, and the U.S.?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Sadly while Sweden is a beautiful country I find it a nation of cowards. Just today a friend of mine told me if someone breaks into your house in Sweden you can't kill your attacker even in self defense.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Sadly while Sweden is a beautiful country I find it a nation of cowards. Just today a friend of mine told me if someone breaks into your house in Sweden you can't kill your attacker even in self defense.

At this rate that's going to change fairly quickly

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Disappointed migrants 'too frightened' to live in Swedish woods

There are trolls, boar, bears and other kind of wild life in the Swedish woods.
I wouldn't want to live there either.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes. It's ridiculous. Plus, if you should injure the intruder he can sue you. They are going to need to change some things in Sweden if they are to survive this, and I believe they will. They seem to be toughening up somewhat.

edit on 10/29/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I say take what you get, or get out because that is better than many people of the countries that are taking them in! This disgusts me. It's not their perfect home, well it should have been known to them Sweden is just a tad colder and darker than the Middle East, whatever specific part they came from...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

of course you can kill an intruder....its just illegal......if they find the body.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I don't think this is true - Swedish Self Defense Law Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Should've stayed home and fought for your "accommodations" then shouldn't they've?... Ask for a blanket and gripe about it? Cowards that ain't willing to die for thier country or freedom of "choice". Need to sleep in the bunk that's offered. Or shiped back where they came from. F'n weasels.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

Sounds good to me! All the food ya need and a cabin in the woods sounds like a great life!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

"We don't understand why they've taken us to the forest where it's so dark and so cold. When we first arrived, we were frightened and we don't want to live like this –- in the middle of nowhere," says Waez, in temperatures hovering around seven degrees Celsius (45 Fahrenheit) as darkness fell around 4:00 pm.

Sounds like heaven to me but I can see why somebody from Syria would be in for a climate shock.

Think about it this way: if we had a war-torn America and Uganda decided to take us in as refugees and set us up with cute little huts in the sweltering heat, we all know there would be quite a few ex-wealthy self-entitles whiners who would insist on better, cooler accommodations.

It's in every show or movie with a group survival element (deserted island, etc.), there's always one or two spoiled people who create drama.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I wonder what's going to happen when European countries "max out" the number of refugees? What will they do with the stream that doesn't seem to be stopping. Sooner or later, they will have to stop taking them in at the rates they have. There are bound to be tent cities somewhere in Europe this winter for the influx. I don't think most of them will fare well in the cold. Imagine UN refugue camps in Scandinavia or Germany.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Dont worry about us, we will manage..

And in the North parts of Sweden, there are Wolves, Bears, Elks, Boars.. Cabins in a remote location, 4 hours of sunlight..

I said it numerous times, if you mind your businesses, we mind our, like we done for the last 200 years..

Some people think in here, they arent gonna adjust they are gonna take over, 2 months of "Summer" 10 months of cold weather

If you dont co-operate you die...
edit on 29 10 2015 by Hyperia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join