It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just tested positive for TB via the skin test.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter
Knew quite a few in the USN who tested positive for TB. They never got sick and I can't say for sure they are still alive, but I haven't heard of any of them dying.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

False positives are common, they need to do a chest xray, no idea why they are doing blood work before the chest xray.

Do you have a cough?

Source: This is part of my job.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Stngray

TB is highly contagious but very treatable.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: jhn7537

How tough is the medicine on your liver? I'm taking some psychiatric meds that are tough on my liver, but is this so bad that 6 months of it causes serious damage?

Well, I'm not your "typical" person to ask, unfortunately, due to the severity of my Crohn's. At the time I started that 6 month drug treatment of Isoniazid, I was already taking over 20 different pills per day (ranging from different steroids to antibiotics) so my liver was already being pushed hard and the addition of the drug treatment just put my liver on red alert... I was having my blood drawn every two weeks to make sure my liver wasn't beginning to show signs of breaking down. I remember at my high point I was on Isoniziad, Pentasa, Azathiroprine, ciprofloxin and prednisone; among some other pills... Thankfully today, I'm down to only 3 pills per day...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Its curable dont worry.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm a little confused, maybe someone can straighten me out on this-

In this country, if there is no record of having been immunized, a skin test is done to determine whether or not you have developed immune reaction to TB. A positive means they have - which is what happens if you have been vaccinated, or were exposed to the virus other ways.

My daughters vaccine records show no TB vaccine, so they have had to do a test to see whether she needs one, and it always come out positive, so they say she doesn't need it.

I kno the reason- when the kids were little, I took them to the pediatrician regularly, and they had all their vaccines when they were supposed to (not all at once, like in the US, they are more spread out through time).
The day she had her BCG done, I forgot to bring with me her "carnet de santé" (the health record booklet everyone here has for life), so it wasn't noted in the record. They told me to come back another day so they could note it, and I forgot.

Yes, I'm a bad mother.

But anyway, I thought a positive was good - that's what the doctor always told me when they got that- it means she is immunized!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Positive is bad. If you test positive it means they found something.

If you test positive for hepatitis it means the test found Hep. Negative is the desired outcome.

For TB a positive skin test does not mean you have active TB, an X-Ray is required.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

They sent me to a blood work lab and pulled about 12 vials of blood out of me.

Uhh... Really? 12 vials?

You're the one that was just asking about having a relationship with a girl with herpes right?

Also is treatment free in the USA?

Are you not aware if you have insurance?

I'm starting to think you're getting off on attention here or something more sinister. The USA? No one says in the USA. It's the US.
edit on 3020151020151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Very interesting find.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I just figured it out-

The PPD test is used to determine if someone has developed an immune response to the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB).

A person who received a BCG vaccine (administered in some countries but not the U.S.) against tuberculosis may also have a positive skin reaction to the TB test.

Link

Americans do not recieve the BCG, as they do here. That's the twist.

In any case, it is noteworthy to consider that the test tells whether or not you have developed immunities, which could mean you currently have it, or it could mean you were exposed, and now are clear because your body dealt with it effectively.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My husband tests positive, but he was exposed in utero, he has the anti-bodies even though he has never been sick from it.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Yes, the PPD can never mean you have TB. You need an X-ray. PPD only means you have antibodies.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Hello. Few years ago my friend had TB in "active" state. Coughing like hell nonstop for 2 month till his mother forced him to visit doctor. He lived in our community house. For 1 month I slept in same room as my "active" friend. All of our friends tested positive on skin tests but failed blood tests (quantiferon-B) and cough test. After 6 month period they were all cleared.
With me it was different story: First time my blood tests were negative, after 6 months positive and the hellish circle begun. Coughing test: negative. X-ray shows nothing. CT shows something but probably not TB. BRONCHOSCOPY: they put half inch tube in your lungs, inspect it with camera and take samples from deep inside. No TB culture developed from samples. All this took 2 very unpleasant months.
At this point I said enough and was lucky the most valid test - TB culture from lung samples - was negative.
So, do not freak out. Read a lot about what this beast is. First of all TB is not "highly contagious". It is not easy thing to treat. Mix of antibiotics used is unhealthy at least - avoid treatment until you are really sure. Do not freak out above results of some particular test. Read about its validity and percentage of false positives.

Good luck

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
First of all TB is not "highly contagious".

Yes, it is, and standard practice is negative air pressure room. Please do not speak when you do not know what you are talking about.

highly contagious

www.everydayhealth.com...

Here is TB infection control. If it's not that contagious explain this?
www.cdc.gov...
edit on 30-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

OK. 10 people are sharing room with "active" case for 1 - 30 days. Nobody fell ill. You can hardly compare it with some viral infections like some stems of flu. Another example: In India 1/3 of population test positive for TB. For sure they are not in quarantine. So how is it possible rest of population is not ill?

Add: TB is hard to cure, potentially crippling or fatal disease. MDR-tb stems are in many cases without hope. Patients are quarantined in special facilities (at least in my country) but medical staff do not use HASMAT suits. Vaccination is not 100% effective so if is it so HIGHLY contagious why they are risking infection?
edit on 30-10-2015 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

OK. 10 people are sharing room with "active" case for 1 - 30 days. Nobody fell ill. You can hardly compare it with some viral infections like some stems of flu. Another example: In India 1/3 of population test positive for TB. For sure they are not in quarantine. So how is it possible rest of population is not ill?

That's called an anecdotal logical fallacy.

So 1/3 of the population is infected, but it's not highly contagious? Er huh?

How many diseases are there? TB is in the top 13 in India. That's not highly contagious?

www.yourarticlelibrary.com...
edit on 30-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you can get some free blood work done over the issue, cool!

That's how I got cleared actually - the blood test is called "Quantiferon" www.cdc.gov...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You can take clove oil instead of the antibiotics.
also you need to increase your glutathione levels, as well as mix MSM powder with vitamin C these all regenerate your lungs

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
No TB!

Just got my blood work back and no TB antibodies present.
Lungs look 100% healthy even though I smoked for 20 years(just quit 6 months ago)
Also no other diseases, Yahoo, I am okay!

Doctor said it was the largest reaction they have ever seen. I guess I was allergic to the preservative in it?
I also have been taking oil of oregano and that stuff boosts the crap out of my immune system so maybe that's why I had a immune response to a unknown virus.

What a relief, thanks for the support and info, everyone and good health to all!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Much relieved and very happy for you! Thanks for the update!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join