It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Design Technology Uses Organic Compounds (TED talk will blow your mind)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

These scientists are next level awesome.
In one fell swoop they have invented a technology that can potentially provide solutions in all the key areas:
Sustainability, Energy & Efficiency, Engineering, Manufacting, Design... Deep space travel... and many more...

Please watch right the way through to the end. I have never seen anything like this. We've heard about scientists growing human tissues externally and then trnasplanting them onto human flesh for decades now, but these scientists have made that technology look like the work of fumbling toddlers in pre school. Seriously check it out.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Wow, thanks for showing me this.

It's mind blowing....

I love where they are taking it.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nice

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The questions is how much of the designs will be synthetic and when returned in to nature how will that impact the natural order?

This is very exciting stuff, but we must not let our excitement interfere with what we already have and by that I don't mean plastics and other man made materials, but the natural order of the biosphere. We must study the effects this could have and understand the pros and cons. So far only pros are presented which to me is not scientific and more of a selling formula.

Time will tell. I just hope that we will use this responsibly.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

that was really cool.

I hope to see real applications to us in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Wow. I wonder what the true real world applications are for chitosan paste and how much of plastic production could that offset.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
wow. Reminds me of how supposed "channeled alien beings" talk about how their space ships are organic and alive.

This is world changing, I bet our world would look amazing with a bunch of organic buildings and technology

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Like the ships from the 1999 Australian Sci-Fi series Farscape.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I didn't realize we had gotten this advanced in genetic-engineering...Jesus, I'm impressed.🤗

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

I share your reservations. I spent a long time studying nature and every time you introduce anything new to the environment be it chemical or organic nature will re-order itself to accommodate these new items.
While it is amazing what they are just beginning to do the results of suddenly being able to extend human life by 50% would throw the world in to chaos. An escaped biomaterial might suddenly mutate in the right conditions and create something completely unforeseen. Nature has a way of doing things we didn't count on.
For every bit of promise science brings humanity there is a danger in equal measure to whatever we might gain. What science needs more than ever are ethicists and philosophers to explore the inevitable changes such advances would pose to our world.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Thank you so much for posting this. I loved it!

"...tension and compression, the two forces of life..." and "tension is the great integrity".

Absolutely brilliant. I am awed.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Had a hard time taking my eyes of her...
Chicks talking smart are hot...
HOT chicks talking smart is.......wooow

Very interesting indeed and i hope to see this
in stores SOOON....

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
that is just amazing , now i wonder what will happen if they used an octopus skin
, yeah i know it will be militarized

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think this technology will yield the virus industrial revolution where viruses begin to create living nano machines made from biological material, and make technology into biology and vice versa. For example they could make a virus battery or a virus solar cell.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

She was saying some pretty fantastic things all through the video and the audience was silent. Either the audience didn't get that, or they were gobsmacked, or just trying not to interrupt the presenter.

edit on 1-11-2015 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I agree, both those faculties are not very popular these days and well are a nuisance to the status quo way of doing things.

Nature has its own speed of doing things and we need to slow down to its rhythm. Instead, we are forcing it to meet our impatience.

The road to hell is paved with good intention.

We must not put the chariot in front of the ox.

We must relearn to take it piano (slowly).

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bulrush

Probably gobsmaked and at the same time overwhelmed by her beauty.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

While I agree about the necessity for ethicists and philosophers guiding scientific advancement, I also think there is a necessity for Designers to step forward and help scientists solve some of the problems humanity faces now and in the future.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This stuff is amazing, and at some point, you can't not notice excitement in her voice.

Overall, this reminds me of Stargate Atlantis, Wraith technology... which is based on some conspiracy theories.... (sure we all know what/who
)

originally posted by: bulrush

She was saying some pretty fantastic things all through the video and the audience was silent. Either the audience didn't get that, or they were gobsmacked, or just trying not to interrupt the presenter.

Ted Talks are usually like that... this is reason I watch them quite often...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks alot like biotech furniture and clothing!

We need to get our computers to be biotech as well and we will be on the right track!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join