It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a Troll ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
dj your troll is missing a bridge over its head!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Have i trolled anyone yet ??? lol
:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have one more piece to add to the thing about what trolls are. On some websites (including one I'm on) they will try to eek out information they have no right too. The best example I can think of is F-16.net. There are a LOOOOT of people with clearance and a lot of the discussion focuses around classified information without actually revealing it. There, trolls try to goad people into revealing classified information that hold. We've had several members get busted by the men in black suits. I'm actually a little surprised by the fact that ATS doesn't have a warning not to post classified information, but that might be from being on f-16.net too much.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A troll purposely tries to create chaos on the boards for the soal purpose of get negative reactions.

However trolls can be confused with a hard headed person on forums.

Disagrements and arguments even with a very small bit of harshness I find acceptable. However its when a troll causes escalation for the sole purpose of creating a scene is when they become true trolls.

Sarcasism is welcomed but its when it escalates with no true debatable information does it become wrong.

Hey even I admit to being an ass but can i recogize when it has the potentail to get out of hand do I stop it.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i'd be a seckzah troll.

dunno what all that puss is about

i cant find a pic of my Thane Troll from DAOC. Raark... Man I am seckzah.

request a song even wrote a song about me:

Raark The Troll

no kiddin'

[edit on 19-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What about a poltergeist because I think that's what I think I am? Boo! The logic police are here!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by risitar
What about a poltergeist because I think that's what I think I am? Boo! The logic police are here!

plz make the walls bleed, plz.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
plz make the walls bleed, plz.

What do the following have in common?

lol

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
wow can you say contradicting? this thread is exactly that. asking a question but knowing the answer.????

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
wow can you say contradicting? this thread is exactly that. asking a question but knowing the answer.????

Isn't that would books do all of the time to which the title of a chapter is in the form of a question? Here's an example from a book about Freemasons, Was Jack the Ripper a Mason?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Shoot. It seems very often I'm a quasi-troll or do all the wrong things with troll-types...
I will try to do better.
Maybe it's just having a bit of dececny.
Question motives for posting.
I often only post, becasue I am annoyed with someone's statement.
Is that wrong?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My personal Opinion

I don't understand why anyone would be so mad about "trolls" in the first place?

If you don't like what someones saying be your own gatekeeper and don't read or listen to what is being said.

What is a an alleged troll going to do? sit around crying because nobody is responding to them?

but thats just me humble opinion

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

Ah...don't fret about it. This is a relatively old thread; two years is ancient history on this forum.

It doesn't make any difference anyway...ATS has evolved into an entity that apparently doesn't care about trolling.....even the activities that perfectly fit what used to be considered the definition of trolling. It used to be that a short post saying, in effect, "Don't feed the troll", was an acceptable way of dealing with the phenomena.

So be it.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Don't feed the trolls...

S...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

and yikes! But dredging up an old thread is probably "trolly" too. I honestly didn't think of that.
I can only hope that if I'm too annoying someone will let me know. Formally.
And with that in mind, I hereby ban myself from posting in this thread...maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Alright, I lied. BUt... I have another legit question:

Is it possible to be ignored by essentially every other user on ATS, but still have an active account? Even though the user is THAT despised?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe
Alright, I lied. BUt... I have another legit question:

Is it possible to be ignored by essentially every other user on ATS, but still have an active account? Even though the user is THAT despised?

I would imagine so as the only way your account can be made inactive is by a mod banning you. You wouldn't have anyone talking to you but your account would still be active if they all just ignored you

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Thank you. Theoretically, it is possible, then.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
When I read this I couldnt agree more with the fact that if you continue a conversation with them, they win.

I was friends with a guy for a few months and the friendship got sour and he showed his troll side. No matter what I said to him, he obviously didnt feel bad for what he was doing. He went so far as to message my 13 year old cousin and tell her that her sister deserved to die. And contacted alot of my family members saying harsh things as such. I would change my AIM name and he would still somehow find me.

And it happened that ignoring him was the best medacine. He stopped after a day.

I cant stress how stupid these so called trolls are. But if one things for sure, they cant be changed.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
trolling is a art. lol.

Trolls don't actually exist. They were just created by people who saw an individual who posted something that goes so far against what that person believes that they come to the irrational conclusion that they must be doing it on purpose to harass them.

Seriously, the OPs post is beyond absurd. It's nothing more than the creation of a mythological Internet monster who possess certain scary characteristics.

It's the whole "The FBI is after me" mind set.

For example, just look in the religious forum here. Almost any thread which speaks out against religion is claimed to be a troll thread. Anyone who posts anything controversial in there is accused as being some kind of anti-religion troll who just wants to upset the religious people. Same goes for the 9/11 forum. I made a thread the other day about how almost all conspiracy theories had no real evidence or had been proven wrong, and was insulted beyond belief.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by logician magician]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join