It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAAF KC-30A saves US F-18 over Iraq

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A USMC F-18 Hornet attacking Isis targets over Northern Iraq ran into serious problems after attacking its first target.

One of the two engines suffered a mechanical failure after attacking a target. This left the Hornet without enough fuel to get out of Iraq, and unable to fly fast enough or high enough for a safe refueling.

In stepped Squadron Leader Jamie, and his crew on board an Australian KC-30A tanker. They were able to get together with the Hornet, and fly slower than they ever have, at a lower than normal altitude to get enough fuel into the Hornet for him to get home. In typical Australian fashion, they complimented the Hornet pilot for doing a great job, while saying nothing of their heroics.

news.defence.gov.au...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Very nicely done on both parts!!! A special thanks goes out to our Australian brothers of course, job well done!!

There's a cold beer and hot shrimp on my bbq for those brave men and women any day of the week!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Very nicely done on both parts!!! A special thanks goes out to our Australian brothers of course, job well done!!

There's a cold beer and hot shrimp on my bbq for those brave men and women any day of the week!!!!

You mean prons. But I think the tanker crew deserves some cases of American craft beers.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Can we get the coordinates so they can be forwarded to the Russian Air Force? I have heard that sales are down on Toyotas, might make for a much needed bump in the ?western? "economy"

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Typical aussie which is generally based on british humour in that we generally are not looking for recognition as much for doing our jobs.

But i'm sure that crew will be able to pop along to the nearest US camp and get as much food and beer down their necks as they want for a week or more

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I used to love getting the RAAF through. Even when they broke they were the easiest guys to take care of.

We had a USN LC-130 in, with an idiot flight engineer. They had all kinds of problems, and every new one found he'd stomp his feet about how they had to have hangar space, and we had to give them this, that, and the other thing.

Meanwhile, we had an RAAF C-130 in that had three bad props. They came in and asked for a prop crane to start pulling them to repack. We asked them what else they needed, and if they wanted a hangar. They looked surprised and said just the crane. They worked all day and into the night, and didn't say another word until they were done with the crane and ready to run engines to check the props.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

American craft beers.

Dunno about that we are funny about US beer

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Glad to see everyone made it back to base. Quite heroic indeed on the tankers part. If I were that hornet pilot I would definitely track that crew down and get them some good beers.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Not the mass produced colored water those companies call "beer". We have some micro brews and regional stuff that is excellent. The best "big brand" beer I've ever had is Negra Modello. Veerry good stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Come to Boston, best beer in the country up here

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Hope they took that crew out for a good time.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Northernhollow

Come to Boston, best beer in the country up here

I second that.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
fantastic display of skills by all involved! glad they got home safe.

the whole armed forces have a bit of a # image over here atm. between "border force" and numerous scandals its good to see some positive publicity.

hell yeah aussies love beer. just make sure you have enough and that its ice cold
and yes we do all love prawns

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

typical Aussie low key - go Australia

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Craft beers? At least not the overly hoppy stuff.

Some of that high hop crap is undrinkable.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Becks Black is pretty decent.

Best beer I've ever had is. St. Bernardus. ABT 12.

You must try.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I like El Salvadore beer as my favorite .www.beeradvocate.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I concur IPAs taste like garbage. surprised they caught on and are actually popular.
for me I'll go with a Canadian brand. fin du le monde or terrible both are good Canadian takes on a belgian. 9- 11%

as for down here in the state's nothings finer than steel reserve 211. if you havent tried it you auzzies are in for a treat. 211 mmmmmm mmm....runs for nearest toilet.
edit on 30-10-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

originally posted by: grey580

I concur IPAs taste like garbage. surprised they caught on and are actually popular.
for me I'll go with a Canadian brand. fin du le monde or terrible both are good Canadian takes on a belgian. 9- 11%

as for down here in the state's nothings finer than steel reserve 211. if you havent tried it you auzzies are in for a treat. 211 mmmmmm mmm....runs for nearest toilet.

I'm with you bassplayer,
hipsters have made the ipa's popular.
I drank sierra Nevada for years, in I started drinking it so long ago the I used have to drive to sacramento, from fresno, to get it. It was the hoppiest thing around for a lot years.
This latest "craft beer" cycle is all about the hops.
Just because you toss a bucket of hops in the batch doesn't mean you have to.

But, for the last few years, since I found a pub near the house that has it on tap, I am squarely all about Newcastle, when fresh on tap its is smooth as silk.
Or a good oatmeal stout, tend to drink stouts more in the winter.
There is a new beerhouse in my neighborhood, they have 42 handles, and id bet 25-30 are IPA's, whats the point of so many handles whenthey are essentially all the same.

top topics

join