It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you personally deal with being angry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It depends. If I'm driving and someone does something stupid, then I typically say a few choice words out loud in the car, which may also include some pointed finger gesturing just to articulate my displeasure.

If watching my favorite team lose, I typically yell at the TV, much the displeasure of my wife who reiterates "they can't hear you, you know."

If I'm on these forums and I sense that the mods aren't doing their job or that members are being chastised by other members because of their beliefs, then I tend to write something in response. Last time it happened, I was post banned here for almost a month.

Most of the time, I end up talking through the situations on my commute to work and back.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

If I'm on these forums and I sense that the mods aren't doing their job or that members are being chastised by other members because of their beliefs, then I tend to write something in response. Last time it happened, I was post banned here for almost a month.

As far as discussion boards go (because it feels quite different to me than in real life) I don't tend to get angry or emotional in anyway. The lack of physical presence and empathy allows my mind to deal with it unfettered.

I will have an ethical objection to things I witness too, like you. If I see someone repeatedly talking rudely and disrespectfully to others for example... I won't feel angry, but I noticed I will engage in discussion with that person myself, to get them off others backs. Just a habit from childhood, and trying to protect my younger siblings.

Then when they focus the rudeness and disrespect my way, I usually don't do the same (I honestly don't feel the desire to), but in observing my patterns of behavior, I notice I will just try to keep their attention so they don't turn back on the others again. Like a rodeo clown waving colored scarves around. It's pretty silly.
But it solves my problem - which is that even if I see someone being cruel to another, I simultaneously can see why they are doing it. It is often not because they are "bad" people - it could be because they are afraid and are actually being defensive in their offensive behavior; or they just never learned other ways of communicating; they may be subject daily to the treatment they are manifesting elsewhere, so need to get it out on someone else... lots of really understandable reasons. So I feel the need to jump in, but don't want to hurt them either.

But I suspect that because I feel have some tools in pocket for DOING something when I see others being unjustly treated, that might be why anger doesn't arise?

Anger often comes from a sense of being powerless in a situation.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Embrace the rage.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Your username cracks me up!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Thanks haha.

edit on 11-4-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join