It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE/WF Wrestling- Things you wouldn't expect a commentator to say...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

I am sat watching the WWE Network. In particular 2005 New Year's Revolution, one of the top 10 paperview I have seen so far.

In this match Muhammod Hassan and Jerry 'The King' Lawler. and i Said 'My god, Hassan is tossing The king like bread!'

I am glad I am not a commentator, I would be rubbish. It got me thinking about Mock the week, and so the thread was born.

I also thought we could use it to post, favourite sayings/walk on music/moments... anything Sports Entertainment related!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

In this match Muhammod Hassan and Jerry 'The King' Lawler. and i Said 'My god, Hassan is tossing The king like bread!'

'Salad' would have been funnier on so many levels.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hence why I would be a rubbish commentator. I am wittier in print.

Plus The King's singlet freaked me out!

*shivers*

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wrestlemania 8. The Hoosier Dome. 1992.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Ooooh Noted. I will watch it at the weekend. WWE network you have all paperviews since the year dot. I am working my way through.

As it is winter...the time to hibernate.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just want to preface this by saying I really enjoy your posts...as an individual and as Nonspecific's wife. You're great people.

But, please, don't try to read too much into wrasslin' . It shoots for the lowest common denominator in their story lines and characterizations to put asses in seats in auditoriums when the monster truck rally or gun and boat show aren't in town...

That said. I did watch quite a bit growing up. And even held Monday Night Raw parties in my apartment. Mankind vs. Undertaker Hell in a Cell...watched it live.

I guess my message is don't read anything into it. It is sports entertainment.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I just want to preface this by saying I really enjoy your posts...as an individual and as Nonspecific's wife. You're great people.

But, please, don't try to read too much into wrasslin' . It shoots for the lowest common denominator in their story lines and characterizations to put asses in seats in auditoriums when the monster truck rally or gun and boat show aren't in town...

That said. I did watch quite a bit growing up. And even held Monday Night Raw parties in my apartment. Mankind vs. Undertaker Hell in a Cell...watched it live.

I guess my message is don't read anything into it. It is sports entertainment.

Nothing being read into it here other than great entertainment!

The best thing about great entertinment is thats what it is.

If your going to watch a soap opera the choose the one with the silliest storylines and chair shots to the head

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The internet destroyed professional wrestling. The mystique was lost and is gone forever.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The internet destroyed professional wrestling. The mystique was lost and is gone forever.

I have to disagree somewhat with this, the mysique was always in question and I kind of like to se it as it is.

Is it fake? yes it's as fake as ironman or back to the future but I personally still love it.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
To anyone else that remembers the "attitude era"

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
To anyone else that remembers the "attitude era"

Yeah...they kinda peaked with that. That is why I was so into it and threw parties for the big events...it was so different then.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

one of the best time in wresting history lot of good rivalries, Lita got me into to skanky girls with tattoos, lol(like i needed any help with that)
edit on 29-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

and till this day i do the hardy boy pose whenever it is warranted(which is fewer and farther inbetween as a i get older)

edit on 29-10-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I take purely as entertainment. I don't do any soaps, bar this and The Archers, bit of a juxtaposition.

But if you want drama and story lines why not follow those with gorgeous people in tight clothes?

I have a few crushes including the women, and also nicknames for a few wrestlers.

1) Brock Lesner- Les Brockner (due to a memory mishap, but it has now stuck)
2)Seth Rollins - Scrappy Doo (as he was the smallest and wiliest member of The Shield)
3) Dean Ambrose - Rapey Dave (cos he looks like he should be from a trailer park, and to be avoided by young women)
4) Alberto Del Rio- Steve (Cos he looks like my friend Steve, and he works long hours, as a chef, but we have created a Superman/ Clark Kent story line for him, were he isn't a chef, he is actually a wrestler, in my head anyway)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Awww!

You should just do it anyway, anywhere! You could perk up someone's day or your own.

Age is no excuse to do something that you love doing... or hold a halloween party this weekend, and dress up like him, then you can get all your posing done in one day, with a valid excuse!

new topics

top topics

join