It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a question about "Inside area 51" documentary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have an old documentary saved on my tivo named "Inside Area 51". I recorded it on destination america but have seen it prior on other channels.
In the beginning 6 mins in a man named Tony LeVier had explained that a CIA facility 30-40 miles over the hill had all the equipment to build a base. What CIA facility would that be?
Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Found a link
Watch from about 5 mins in

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

That's classified.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The facility on the "other side of the hill" was the Nevada Test Site. Not a CIA facility, obviously, but operated at the time by the Atomic Energy Commission. The CIA arranged to have the same contractors (Reynolds Electrical and Engineering Company and Holmes & Narver) that did construction for the AEC build the CIA airfield at Groom Lake.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ahh ok cool thank you!
that makes sense now that they would have all the equipment.

originally posted by: Shadowhawk

The facility on the "other side of the hill" was the Nevada Test Site. Not a CIA facility, obviously, but operated at the time by the Atomic Energy Commission. The CIA arranged to have the same contractors (Reynolds Electrical and Engineering Company and Holmes & Narver) that did construction for the AEC build the CIA airfield at Groom Lake.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I doubt that guy is any kind of authority on CIA capabilities.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

If by "that guy" you mean Tony LeVier, he was actually there and involved with the U-2 project from the beginning. The only unfortunate thing here is that the producers of the show interviewed him late in life and he was recollecting events that had occurred 40 years earlier. This is frequently the problem with oral history interviews; you get first-hand accounts, but they have been degraded by time and the afflictions of old age.

Tony managed to give a halfway decent interview, but some of the data was a bit garbled. Also, he had been dining out for years on his version of events regarding the selection of Groom Lake as the U-2 test site. Additional research using accounts from others, as well as documentation from the time (circa 1955) reveals that other people (notably, Col Ozzie Ritland) had a significant role in the selection process. Groom Lake wasn't even Kelly Johnson's first choice; he had already chosen another location (dubbed "Site 1") and drawn up plans for construction of the airfield. Ritland recommended Groom Lake after it became apparent that Site 1 did not meet the project's stringent security requirements.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Ahh ha, i watched it from the start this time

new topics

top topics

join