It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Night's GOP Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yea and that was within minutes of the debate starting too.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I agree. Rubio handled that well.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
the right is pissed off, because the mods had follow-up questions that required some more detail, not just broad-based platitudes like "cut taxes", "cut regulation", "more jobs"......I guess asking for more details is called "gotcha" questions

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the right is pissed off, because the mods had follow-up questions that required some more detail, not just broad-based platitudes like "cut taxes", "cut regulation", "more jobs"......I guess asking for more details is called "gotcha" questions

Just like the brain busters Hillary got in the last Dem debate where the CNN mods were fawning all over her.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

From what I've read about this debate is that the moderators sucked and appeared to be unprepared for the debate. Also it looks like Bush' campaign is on its death throes. This debate was supposed to reinvigorate his campaign and instead it did the opposite.

I watched the debate in real time last night and your summary is spot on. The moderators questions were horrible. A few good questions made it through but for the most part I would have to say Ted Cruz nailed it when he raked them over the coals. Bush fumbled in regard to trying to go after Rubio because of his inconsistency. Rubio was obviously prepared for the question and may have literally put the nails in the coffin of Bush's campaign.

If you want to hear answers with substance regarding real issues you have to start with higher quality questions. From what I saw, after Ted Cruz launched his attack on the moderators, they lost all composure. They had no understanding of the fact that their approach was actually giving the candidates real ammunition to the charges of bias. They totally lost control of the debate at that moment.

Should moderators ask tough probing questions? Absolutely but the attempt at 'gotcha' questions is unprofessional and trying to get the candidates to attack each other is deplorable. Getting the candidates to define their differences doesn't require a blood bath.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Look, when even other mass media sources that should be sympathetic to you are critical of you the next morning and your big follow up story is to analyze the language the GOP candidates have used in the debates thus far and challenge readers to see if they are "smarter than GOP candidates," you might have an issue.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the weight of the GOP could be applied to the media outlet running the debate, and specific questions could be put on the script. If not, the GOP should refuse to have them host the debate. Why are we making the candidates out to be victims when the Republican party could have set specific parameters for their own debates, telling the media "play by these rules or we'll go to a competitor". The GOP has a habit of taking their ball home when they don't get their way anyway, so I don't see the problem.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Carson and Trump together had to threaten to not appear just to get this debate held to two hours instead of three. Given what I've heard about it, what they did was a mercy.

Basically, it's just more ammunition to the belief that the overall GOP establishment just runs with a script that says "loyal opposition" meaning they are loyal to the democrats and the interests they serve more than they ever were to the people they claim to represent. Crap like last night seems more designed to destroy candidates than to promote them and give them a chance to actually get elected.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The goddamned Internal Revenue Service would not need personnel or funding if there were not 70,000+ pages of tortuous, ponderous code that needed to be navigated.

If I could choke it to death with a garrote I would.

Yes, me too.

That was the ONE thing Fioriana has said that made me nod and clap.

Three pages is PLENTY. People should not have to hire outside accountants and lawyers and other 'experts' to do their taxes.

Those extra 70,000 pages are specifically designed to enrich lawyers, accountants, big corporations, bankers, etc.
Needs to STOP.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Like I said earlier, I do not like Cruz but he was dead on.

I didn't mind what Cruz had to say, he was dead on....the first time he said it. But then he went on and on about it and didn't answer the real question he was asked...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Crap like last night seems more designed to destroy candidates than to promote them and give them a chance to actually get elected.

Ya think?

(It's working.)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Actually, I agree with you to some extent. The RNC could apply pressure if they chose to do so. But I would really not care for all the GOP debates to be conducted by FOX. Are the GOP candidates victims? Not after last night. They took the fight straight to the media. My opinion is the moderators were taken totally off guard. They thought the candidates would be too busy attacking each other. They were wrong. After Cruz' rant, they all seemed to wake up and more or less leave each other alone and even in some instances band together. It became a shouting match to get their views heard, not against each other but against the MODERATORS.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Those extra 70,000 pages are specifically designed to enrich lawyers, accountants, big corporations, bankers, etc.
Needs to STOP.

No kidding. As a former small business owner I spent a large amount of money hiring an accountant to file our taxes which were so tedious and cumbersome it made me want to go on a homicidal rampage.

The average person should be able to do their taxes in a few minutes with some rather simple calculations. I am for eliminating all the loopholes and deductibles which you can only exploit by having paid professionals either locate them or lobby to have included in the code.

edit on 29-10-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but if he did he would drink it from a skull

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nobody had to destroy anyone when it comes to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Wish I could give you applause for that one.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

what?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Wish I could give you applause for that one.

Thanks. Just buy me a beer when you run into me instead.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

what?

Only that as far as you are concerned every single one of them is already ruined.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ruined? I said the GOP itself has ruined itself.

I've even given credit right here in this thread to those who made valid points.

But - you refuse to acknowledge that, of course, for regular ketsuko reasons.

It's okay. I get it.

Touche, right?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

what?

To paraphrase Ted Cruz: No one here is thinking you will vote for anyone with an R after their name. Pol Pot could be the Dems nominee and you would vote for him rather than ANYONE identifying as a Republican.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join