It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Looking For A Fight In The South China Sea?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ron Paul makes some interesting points we should all listen to. He believes this issue is blown way out of proportion.

Are the shipping lanes really the issue?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Chin is a bully. If you let a bully get away with taking something he'll keep on taking until he's stopped (see Hitler, Adolf).
the way to deal with is, stop him and stand up to him right away (Berlin Airlift).

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Are We Looking For A Fight In The South China Sea?

No, just a 'pivot'.

Drawing lines in other peoples backyards, thousands of miles from home.

Childish behavior.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah we are looking for a fight. . . . Because our country is going to shambles and we need to rally the people together against a common enemy rather than turn on each other in disfunction as we have been doing for the last few decades.
edit on 29-10-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In a word, yes. It seems clear that the bloody nose received in Syria has left the US with a clear case of door slamming tantrumitis.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
U.s. success in Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Syria is paving the way for americias next successful actions in the s. China sea....

U.s. is desperately looking for something, anything to keep the publics attention diverted.....even if it is another failure

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
Chin is a bully. If you let a bully get away with taking something he'll keep on taking until he's stopped (see Hitler, Adolf).
the way to deal with is, stop him and stand up to him right away (Berlin Airlift).

USA is a even bigger bully, who have nothing to do over there
You cant take everything you want, and then tell others not to steal, so i think they should stay out of this one

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Yeah we are looking for a fight. . . . Because our country is going to shambles and we need to rally the people together against a common enemy rather than turn on each other in disfunction as we have been doing for the last few decades.

It seems we need a great big bloody war to shock everyone back into a sense of reality and quit with the nitpicking over non issues. 9/11 didn't work. Iraq and Afghanistan couldn't do it. It's gotta be something big.
edit on 29/10/2015 by IridiumFlareMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

Interesting you watched a full 15 minute video in 6 minutes and have an educated opinion?

"Deny ignorance"

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
China is doing nothing wrong.

Island building is the way of the future, they are creating new territory, what we should be doing is NOT worrying about the economic future of Philippine and Vietnamese Gas rights lol and getting into bed with them in this regard and doing the same, it holds vast potential for the advancement of the USA from energy rights, to energy production desalinization of water for the mainland...

We don't need the fossil fuels, this is nothing more than greedy energy monopolies trying to remain in power while holding the world back to primitive means of power production while amassing untold fortunes that never benefit the American people while China needs these fuels more than anyone else but maybe India. Germany runs on Solar now and the best bet for Western futures is modernized Chinese and Indian consumers, we should get real here. Deficits miserable trade policies none of it even matters, 3 Billion people buying cars in South East Asia assures a fine market to keep us, a MUCH smaller nation by population rich forever even if the trade is imbalanced...

The US Govt is favoring One or Two giant Industries that share nothing with the American people over the interests of the American people yet again and on almost every level in our recent history, we gain nothing by spewing our collective loads of fossil fuels anymore and everything to gain from China modernizing from a Million other interests... we are even going to hit a day very soon where our movie sell better at the box office there than here. We are on the road to Fusion for the love of God and Solar built right in AZ could power the whole country if we wanted too... meanwhile all this static because China is expanding land in international water is ridiculous. It closes every other market for us if we fight and only guys like the Koch brothers and Dick Cheeny have anything to gain at all...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What China are doing is wrong.

If a fight starts for once it wont be the USA fault.

International maritime law is there for a reason and China should respect it.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Are the shipping lanes really the issue?

Nope.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

yep.

Do you, and others holding the same opinion, have any conception of how much of the worlds shipping traffic goes through that area?

Look it up.

If China is allowed to do this, what's to keep them from doing it elsewhere? Nothing.

No, the US is not looking for a war. It's enforcing the right of free navigation for the rest of the world that can't enforce it themselves.

Nor is China, for that matter... They're merely testing the rest of the world, to see what they can get away with...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

5trillion dollars of trading goods...
What would you suggest? More planes? I don't think that's an option.
China is the bully and it's a global interest.

Before anyone asks, source plus more info: Reuters
edit on 29-10-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There is little precedent if any for modern engineering marvels.

It's very hard to see what should be so illegal about a bit of Terraforming, I think both the USA and Britain could benefit greatly from the advancement and perfection of such technology, in the end Two can play at that game, no?

These are matters that need discussion more than conflict I think, in the end only a handful of nations can do this, improve on it, why should we hold it back? We live in a world where subs armed with nukes cruise freely off the coasts everywhere ready to deal genocide in seconds, Islands helping produce resources, eventually house people, even cities build at sea is....well to me it's part of the future. If we wish to have a future at least...

I also don't see any benefit in allowing the other 750 Million people in China to have fuel and live modern lifestyles, every shop in Paris has Chinese signs today, they will buy stuff, stuff made by our people sometimes not just profits for energy companies and the bottom line is... I don't think this is about Maritime law at all... I think it's about who gets to harvest those fields our companies or theirs and frankly every energy company state side rapes me for profit every month and doesn't buy poop from me, I can't even have Solar in my State they still make me pay lol, screw those guys, the new Chinese wealthy Travel and spend money locally where I live near the Grand Canyon they are great for business (the only ones that even visit the hole in the ground lol) I also work on the net, opening China is huge for me that doesn't happen if we feud with them.... Hooray for Halliburton if we win this debate, booo on poor me is all I see. Let the Chinese continue to modernize, people with cash demand rights, China will loosen up, I need them clicking on my stupid You Tube videos lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why don't they just drawn a line in the sand and let both leaders unzip their pants and pee. Whoever has the most powerful stream, wins. It would save everybody a lot of trouble, money, and heartache.

Plus, it's all this is about anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

And...? What.

Ah, that's right. You are too stupid to understand that the vast, vast, vast majority of the shipping that passes the Spratley's, as well as the vast, vast, vast majority of SE Asia shipping that doesn't pass the Spratley's, goes into a Chinese port, or through Chinese waters...China doesn't need an artificial island, off the actual shipping lanes, to control said shipping.

If China was interested in dominating global sea transportation...they would just do what they are legally allowed to do. Detain and inspect any ship that travels across their waters.

So, no, the Spratley's have nothing to do with international shipping.
edit on 29-10-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Free Navigation?

They aren't building a contiguous Island from Hong Kong to the Philippines lol... there is plenty of room and a lot of damn piracy in the region, it's not so bad even if they do militarize and frankly places like the Philippines and SE Asia are running into a much bigger problem than Chinese dominance the spread of Islam which actually IMHO threatens my lifestyle far more than the Atheists do in the long run, as I said above people with money demand rights, people with religion tend to take them away. I think China should run the show to a degree over there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: criticalhit

5trillion dollars of trading goods...
What would you suggest? More planes? I don't think that's an option.
China is the bully and it's a global interest.

Before anyone asks, source plus more info: Reuters

And what are the Chinese doing to Hijack that 5 Trillion dollars by building Islands, what makes it a threat "the capacity" to shoot at ships? Why would they ever do that? If anything the whole area is a little "loose goose" in regards to security of that trade Is there no part of the world the USA doesn't want to foot the bill to secure? It's costly, let China dominate it's region much of it holds the potential for disasters we pay to relieve ethnic conflicts.... Let the Chinese have their sphere, we can't afford it and we get virtually nothing in return.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
Free Navigation?

The irony of the 'Free Navigation' and 'Shipping Control' claims is that they only work on people that have never been, and know fcuk all about the area.

Nobody gives a $hit about the Vietnamese installations (which are by far the most numerous), or the Philippino installations (also far more numerous than the Chinese), or the Malaysians...or the Taiwanese...or the Japanese.

Only the Chinese.

Funny that.
edit on 29-10-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join