It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young stars found in center of milkyway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Infrared observations of the VISTA telescope in Chili have found newly formed stars in the center bulge of our galaxy. These new stars are hiding behind dust clouds in a part previously thought to only contain older stars.

source

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

That's it?? This isn't Facebook

Your young, just like those stars imo

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This is the kind of thing that should be headline news on all news outlets and cable stations. Fascinating, as Mr. Spock would softly exclaim.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I wonder if this can in some way relate to the old and supposedly discredited "steady state theory"? You, know, the one where Bondi and Gold suggested the universe was forever renewing itself.
Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Well, if you consider the fact that science previously thought that star forming regions only existed in and around the spiral arms it's actually pretty exciting stuff.

I like like em short and sweet. And thnx, I like my young too.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Infrared observations of the VISTA telescope in Chili have found newly formed stars in the center bulge of our galaxy. These new stars are hiding behind dust clouds in a part previously thought to only contain older stars.

source

Chile

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
sounds great! How did they ? are there nurseries, how does the black hole near to it work? etc?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is great!! Thank you OP for the post!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
I like like em short and sweet.
This isn't twitter.

Did you by any chance read the text that appeared when you started this thread? It said if you don't have more to say than the simple notice then you probably don't have enough to start a new thread. You certainly said less than the simple notice.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Fair enough, will try to improve on my thread starting skills.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The image of the milky way in the article is great, putting our galaxy into a visual context that is easier to mentally interpret, maybe it's the added textures. I'd never seen it that way before.

Thank you for sharing this, that the astronomers are able to detect individual stars in a well of pure galactic light is an amazing exhibition of what our technology can do.

new topics

top topics

join