It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a one-time general amnesty for long-time users who've been banned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drinking

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: nonspecific

Please be more specific. Yes, I've been banned so much here that I hesitate to log on for fear of being crushed under the weight of scandal and oppression. But I'd keep coming back, for this is ATS, a place for both the dregs and the upper-crust of civilization.

So do you see getting banned as part of daily life then?

I always assumed that a ban was a ban and that any time served member would be spotted a mile off and banned again!

Maybe I should start speaking my mind a little more, there only stars at the end of the day

In the last 3 years I have been reddwhite inverslyproportional oblivion johnwick

I'm actually pretty popular, though I'm anonymous again, I normally average 3-4 stars per post and around a dozen applause at about 2-3 thousand posts before I cross the line one too many times in too small of a time frame.

Tothetenth is usually the mod that gives me the most grief, though it isn't Tothetenths fault.

I'm the Ahole that gets drunk and says retarded stuff.

The mods are overworked and underpaid, users like me make their lives tougher because we always have to push it in controversial threads.

I do not blame them.

I know my internet mouth is harsh, besides, it is great fun talking to you all!!

Whether you know who I am or not

I know of you in at least 2 of your incarnations and watched johnwick.

Why self destruct in such a manner and then openly be proud of it? I do not get this?

Also surely this means that your present incarnation is somewhat shortlived?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
An hour ago I got a staff warning from Scepticoverlord for reminding a member his post was against T&C, go figure...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thanks for the reply.

You have an opinion, and so do I. If they are not the same, so be it that is what this discussion is for.

However, I can attest, that each time the 'banhammer' came, it was because of a direct challenge to a admin in a thread. Many times I have had very good conversation with even Skeptic stepping into threads or if they were even his.Not discussion on the thread with regular members and this was not the admin who was watching/monitoring the thread.

I am just speaking from experience and I understand trolling, inciting and trying to derail. That is just not what happened in my cases.

One time amnesty I am not sure would resolve but if someone who was banned, say, asked to come back? Why not? I would say create a forum to review those who want to come back?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I miss Navydoc

Jude11...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Wow, I'm shocked that anyone would reincarnate themselves so many times, I also recognise a few of those previous usernames but hadn't linked them before this thread.
I guess kudos for the honesty of drunken behaviour, but I would take that as a message to not be posting when drunk.

Personally I've had one temporary posting ban which was resolved through reasoned discussion with admins/mods, but if I got a permanent ban I'd probably just lurk instead. I look at it like my local pub in real life, my views and how I deliver them are just the same there as on ATS. If I got banned from the pub because the landlord or customers didn't like how I present myself then I'd take the hint.

I'm old enough that I'm unlikely to change my ways any time soon so coming back for multiple bans while not changing my behaviour would be almost trollish.
...or like the tiresome drunk who keeps coming back to the same pub and causing trouble.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
An hour ago I got a staff warning from Scepticoverlord for reminding a member his post was against T&C, go figure...

Doing that is off topic and drags the thread off topic. Use the complaint feature and let us handle it. Members moderating just causes problems.

We are a small team of volunteers and we rely on members to alert us to issues. Do not try to deal with it yourself.

ETA: Questions answered - Closed
edit on 10/29/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join