It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

waiting for america

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i guess this isn't really a conspiracy because everyone knows it happens. does anyone else think the reason for aid being slow was because the world was waiting for america to act to see what they would do? afterall most countries do follow in their footsteps, walking close behind always in america's shadow. especially the united kingdom, who only got their first aid plane over last night, after america had started their aid effort.

the UN of course had to put america down and saying they were taking over the aid effort. however, i honestly believe if america hadn't had got this thing started then all we would have had is lots of talk of pledges...million this, million that. we would probably still be caught up in christmas if america didnt take charge of things, and get the aid effort going.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
and yet America is still the bad guy ... I swear no one in this world likes us

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

This is a well know fact to anyone that wishes to acknowledge it that people dislike us because they don�t know enough/anything about us, they are joules, and they are ignorant...

Anyhow, I think it would have gotten started sooner or later and that really pisses me off that other counties can spend money on absolute garbage and pledge small amounts yet criticize us when our economy is down and yet we pledge more then them... Hypocrites!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
remember in the summer when we had 4 hurricanes in Florida, were was the UN relief then? thats right there was none we were on our own. Florida wasn't the only state affected by the hurricanes western Pennsylvania (were I live) got flooded out. I have some pictures:

www.freerepublic.com... thats the city of Pittsburgh It did not get hit nearly as bad as the more rural areas.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad

Relax iksmodnad.

As long as we know that we're the spearhead of freedom and the beacon of light that we know of as liberty, I couldn't care less what the "world" thinks of this great nation and it's kind and generous citizens!

Our Creator has definitely blessed us with His Graciousness and will continue to do so, as long as we don't bend to the "world" and what "world" says what is best for us!

Only we know what is best for us and I like it that way!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i like the people of us

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Waiting for Americas lead? The UK commited �50 million before the US gave any money whatsoever, the first plane just landed ebacuse it takes time for things to be organised (its quite a long way for Egland to Indonesia!).

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well america is further from indonesia than england. a pledge doesnt mean anything. bush was only holding out for a pledge because he's spending 177 million a month on the war, and also the economy probably isnt as strong as it is in england. all i know is that america were the first international country to send aid over in helecopters etc. also that america's boats were also first in position of the islands in the indian ocean. just overall it seems like everyone was waiting for america to do something. also with those hurricanes there was billions and billions worth of damage...i didnt see many international countries offering assistance then.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
First of all people didnt offer assistance to the US after the hurricanes because the US government didnt ask! THe USA is a rich country that can look after itself. Indonesia has asked for help and is recieving it, India and Thailand have not asked and are handling the catastrophe themselves, the same way the US did in the summer.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
First of all people didnt offer assistance to the US after the hurricanes because the US government didnt ask! THe USA is a rich country that can look after itself. Indonesia has asked for help and is recieving it, India and Thailand have not asked and are handling the catastrophe themselves, the same way the US did in the summer.

Thats wrong, the government only provided the bear essentials to survive. Food water temporary shelter.maybe a small amount to get people back on their feet .. If you think all Americans are rich thats wrong to some of us barley get by, our roads are not paved with gold you know.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That doesnt make me wrong, the USA didnt ask for help, meaning that no aid supplies were sent by international organisations, and people didnt starve to death in the immediate aftermath, a key difference no?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yet another antagonistic post, aimed at initiating hostilities between America and the rest of the world.

Don't judge me by my government and I won't judge you by yours.

If it will help things along, here is a massive pat on the back for being such great people who provide for all without winging about it.

Just get on with giving the frigging aid, this is not a competition.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Yet another antagonistic post, aimed at initiating hostilities between America and the rest of the world.

Don't judge me by my government and I won't judge you by yours.

If it will help things along, here is a massive pat on the back for being such great people who provide for all without winging about it.

Just get on with giving the frigging aid, this is not a competition.

Well put. I am so sick of hearing that this country gave this much and that country gave so much. It's not about who gives what or how much. It's about helping the homeless, the displaced, the orphaned and the grieving. It's about helping people to get back on their feet again to reclaim what is left of their lives.

When and if a disaster strikes the United States, I am sure that people -- people everywhere -- will offer assistance and provide aid if that is what's necessary. At least the United States has a stable infrastructure, a stable government and a system to help deal with disaster relief should it happen; ie. earthquakes, hurricanes, tonadoes, etc. The people in indonesia don't have the infrastructure, stable government or adequate systems to deal with a disaster of this magnitude.

We all live on this little planet and we are ALL in this together.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
really people, 7 billion was used in florida, its foolish to complain about noone helping us, you dont see europeans complain about us not helping in european disasters do you?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
that's because europe doesnt really get 'disasters' we may have localised flooding in england, or a train crash, prehaps another traffic jam on the M25 but that's about as far as our disaster ever are. those aren't really ones you would expect people to come and give aid.

also im not creating a hostility between america and the rest of the world 'benevolent tyrant'. i don't need to create one, there's already one in place. we're so worried about north korea and other countries having nuclear capabilites...when we all know america has the capabilities and i think would be the first to use them in any war, where another country threatened that they had nuclear weapons. im not saying america's a bad country, i quite like going there, just the government at the moment could just f**k the world up a little too much.

top topics

join