It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Breakthrough? The Singular Primordial Preon Theory, Finally a Solution to Many Mysteries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I personally think it's a much better solution than the LCDM model because it solves several serious problems including the cuspy halo problem and missing satellite problem.

Well the missing satellite problem can be explained by postulating a Roche's limit for galaxies. But the cuspy halo is a persistent problem indeed, in fact it is the main reason which makes me skeptical about CDM.

One of the main criticisms I didn't mention yet is the fact that antimatter will still collide with normal matter all over the place and I'm guessing we would see very tell tale signs of that happening because it would produce gamma bursts when they collide.

Unless, of course, gravitational repulsion is preventing large bodies of antimatter from going anywhere near bodies of matter in the first place.

But if that's the case then antimatter should repel normal, yet it doesn't seem to do that. I feel like there's a very important point to be learned from this but I cannot quite see it yet.

Just giving you ideas here, take it or leave it: maybe you could try another angle - light. Yes, the photon. The particle with zero mass. Here is a little something I came upon recently:

Measurements of the interaction between energetic photons and hadrons show that the interaction is much more intense than expected by the interaction of merely photons with the hadron's electric charge. Furthermore, the interaction of energetic photons with protons is similar to the interaction of photons with neutrons[88] in spite of the fact that the electric charge structures of protons and neutrons are substantially different.

A theory called Vector Meson Dominance (VMD) was developed to explain this effect. According to VMD, the photon is a superposition of the pure electromagnetic photon (which interacts only with electric charges) and vector meson.[89]

However, if experimentally probed at very short distances, the intrinsic structure of the photon is recognized as a flux of quark and gluon components, quasi-free according to asymptotic freedom in QCD and described by the photon structure function.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Now CDM exists far from galactic nuclei... far from electromagnetic interaction... where it's dark...

Maybe there is a link...

Just putting it out there.

edit on 5-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Well, String Theory and preons are not mutually exclusive, so it is not impossible that SPP Theory could catch Susskind's attention some day.

edit on 5-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join