It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dicovered fire, then electricity, Internet... What's next for man kind?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hi I'm new and really enjoy this forum because it gets me to question things that aren't mainstream and analyze them deeply even when I'm off the forum.

It's probably been discussed here before but I'm curious as to what's the next life changing discovery for man kind. First the cave men discovered fire; he can cook, keep warm, light up the night, fight, etc. Then came electricity, another life changing discovery which probably lead to the discovery of invisible things like radio waves, radiation, and solar power. Then came the Internet, which connected the world and to me is almost a conscious artificial intelligence itself.

My question is what's the next big leap to be discovered by mankind? Something that'll change the way the entire human race lives and not just for a certain nation. Haldron collider, bionic body parts, immortality, etc? I'm very interested in everyone's theories please thanks.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Richsac89 because: Changed title

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You should read up on Ray Kurzweil. He's a technological futurist and I think you'd find his work very interesting. More info here if you'd like

Essentially, true immersive virtual reality, which would mean the exact same concept as the matrix. And of course you also have the Singularity, which is the convergence of biology and technology (transplanting your brain/memories onto a computer and having a backup system in case your biological body were to die, for example)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Not being such dicks should be the next one..

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Richsac89

Fighting Aritificial intelligence . Then fire , electricity ....
edit on 29-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Antimatter, or the ability to produce the stuff in sufficient quantity will possibly be what's next on our cards. Followed shortly after by total oblivion.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Singularity sounds like something I was always interested in, just never knew there was a word for it. Thanks I'll check out that future theorists link

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Fully realistic sexbots.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Not being such dicks should be the next one..

but we're against genetic manipulation...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

Fully realistic sexbots.

They already exist. They're called narcissistic women.

True story !

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Large scale desalination and nano-tech latticework structures are my bet. The desalination plant they built in Israel proves that the process can now be performed for the same cost as standard treatment of fresh water and the nano architecture stuff is phenominal and will become a real game changer... Taking the nano-structures even further, they are really close to having self-assembling bridges and structures based on these microlattice materials. www.techtimes.com...
I can't find an online link to the article, but a coworker emailed me a link some months ago about a team that was working on self-constructing bridges using extremely tiny simple robots made of these new materials. The bots are programmed by inputting the bridge design into the software and each tiny robot finds their neighbor, attaching itself in the correct place to that neighboring tiny robot. At the end, when everything is in it's place, they send an electric current through the entire structure, effectively frying the programming and bonding the particles together in a structure which is supposedly every bit as strong as a standard steel bridge, but is a fraction of the weight and construction cost.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
In seriousness though, I remember those water manufacturers they had implemented in deserts to extract water from the air, using solar power. This, everywhere. On a humid day here, the water simply drips off me anyway, and why not capture this. especially in remote places that have no population. We're terraforming the planet as we speak, so rather than add composite chemicals to the atmosphere, where no viable life is, make it so.

Ocean turbines. generating energy for free. No need to be there, store it in capacitive batteries, or some other means, for ventures into said areas. preparation, not unlike we plan for hostile planets should we ever proceed. The earth is as deadly in places as the far reaches of our solar system, let alone the places we intend one day, to explore.

We are too focused on the right next to me, right now. The one platform I see thinking beyond this - for better or worse - google. Sure sure, lets not start the debate on their intentions.. but they are seeking to have a globally operational wifi system, with floating free wifi.

Good or bad, remains to be seen, we've adopted android, the plethora of intrusions they have snuck in, and we deny it where we find it intrusive. But it's a start.

We already give everything to the internet. google are not going to change that. you can either be a retro and fight the technology, or a human and embrace it.. as long as you are not kilrathi, I don't care. I am eager to see the future.

we're at the precipice of change. Afraid to leap over the edge into a new age, but not content to stand still... it will come. at a cost, but it will. who we were 50 years ago, is no long who we are today - by leaps and bounds.

I've got my mental parachute... so I am ready.

edit on 29-10-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
edit on 29/10/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The next big thing is going to be uploading ourselves to the cloud, and then transferring our sentience to a new host, methinks.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think the next big breakthrough will be the ability to manipulate Gravity.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
They will discover how to make an edible Pot Noodle...

...but seriously I think the next big breakthrough will be a medical one, either a cure for most major disease (HIV, cancer, dementia etc), or longevity.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Richsac89
Hi I'm new and really enjoy this forum because it gets me to question things that aren't mainstream and analyze them deeply even when I'm off the forum.

It's probably been discussed here before but I'm curious as to what's the next life changing discovery for man kind. First the cave men discovered fire; he can cook, keep warm, light up the night, fight, etc. Then came electricity, another life changing discovery which probably lead to the discovery of invisible things like radio waves, radiation, and solar power. Then came the Internet, which connected the world and to me is almost a conscious artificial intelligence itself.

My question is what's the next big leap to be discovered by mankind? Something that'll change the way the entire human race lives and not just for a certain nation. Haldron collider, bionic body parts, immortality, etc? I'm very interested in everyone's theories please thanks.

I think what's next is population reduction , since we are our own worst enemies. Then we will try to recall all the lost technologies that brought us to the brink of extinction . I'm hoping we'll just learn to rub some sticks together for fire and stay at the mercy of nature for a thousand years or so.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Discovery of aliens, I mean officially

Discovery of soul next

Discovery of God next

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Interesting topic!
I believe the manipulation of time, or space time will be next. We just discovered time dilation and since we want commercial space exploration this will be a necessary next step.
Also we will get accostumed to live with robots, because that is already on the way.
And finally the biggest discovery of all times: aliens as undeniable fact.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Edible pot noodle, love it!

Next breakthrough, possible access to the nearest parallel universe? The wheel and steam power should be on that list, without those, no electricity.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The next 'big' all changing thing is the destruction of all thats been built. It will be burned down as in the past by the people that grew tired of being slaves of those at the top.

See "ruins".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join