It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conceal & Carry Without a Permit: Do We Need to Change the Second Amendment?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No. This totally flies in the face of another Amendment. The Fourth.

Your rights are not being infringed upon if a private company/corporation chooses to impose a psychological screening test for new employees.

Also how does my proposal conflict with the fourth amendment? It would be a clinical psychologist or neurologist who would run a diagnosis on you to test your overall mental health if you CHOOSE to get your hands on a firearm. This has nothing to do with illegal search and seizures of your property.

Section One of the 14th Amendment. Again, your proposal is in clear violation of this Amendment, too.

How? This amendment was to limit racial discrimination for former slaves.. I am not nor have I implied that owning or obtaining a firearm is a crime. I'm stating that precautionary measures should be in place to keep firearms out of the hands of those who are mentally unfit or Ill. The only rights that the proposal I mentioned will infringe upon are those who are mentally ill. Is that really so bad?

edit on 30-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I live in Mexico for half the year, and unless you live down there I don't need you lecturing me what it's like in Mexico.

Mexico's tax law on home and land is ten times better than ours. So don't tell me that the US government does it better than the Mexican government does, because when it comes to taxes for your property, the Mexican system is way superior to the US.

quote]originally posted by: reldra
Mexico is rife with bribes and police corruption, probably 100x or 500x more than the US, so saying that gun control doesn't work in Mexico is like saying Cartel control doesn't work in Mexico. Of course it doesn't. The US and Mexico is like apples and oranges. The US needs to come to a compromise on gun control. We are more like our european counterparts than Mexico.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I agree. If people want guns gone, then go and change the 2nd Amendment and abolish it. Good luck.

originally posted by: Terminal1
Wouldn't changing the 2nd require a Constitutional Convention?

Hmmmm....

I don't think I trust these criminals in congress the power to change anything about the Constitution. It would be madness...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
With freedom comes danger, and if you take away people's freedom, they're safer. Eventually they can lock you in a cell and you can be real safe.

originally posted by: sean
The population of Australia is also 24 million versus 320 million in the US. Of course gun deaths would be a lot less. We have 100 million unemployed, an economy in the toilet, debt of 17 trillion and a corrupt government. My question is have you bought a gun today??

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
No, not a bit. People who have conceal and carry are law abiding citizens. Cops are not getting shot by people with legitimate conceal and carry licenses.

originally posted by: Badgered1
Has it ever occurred to anyone that possibly the reason why cops seem to 'fear for their lives' every time they perform a mundane task (and often subsequently kill an unarmed, and usually guiltless individual) is the fear that everyone might have a gun?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I don't think firearm could be compared to the license, though sometimes it is easier to get a gun than to pass a test. I have a license (due to www.education4drivers.com ), which actually gives me comfort, which is simply irreplaceable, meanwhile I don't have any weapon at home, just don't need it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join