It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conceal & Carry Without a Permit: Do We Need to Change the Second Amendment?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A new law has passed in Portland, Maine: If you're over 21 and can legally buy a handgun, you need no permit to conceal and carry it. So today, we're talking gun control! In this episode, I tell my Vigilant Producer Alex Logan that everyone forgets about one important country when discussing the issue of controlling our guns. Can you guess which one it is?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

About time someone used Mexico as the shining example of the results of "citizen gun control".

Good Episode.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
In Arizona, as of July 29, 2010 a person over age 21 may legally carry a concealed firearm or deadly weapon without a permit within the state, except for certain prohibited locations, and must disclose the fact to a law enforcement officer if questioned. Although no longer required, a CCW permit may still be obtained and has certain advantages, including reciprocity with many other states having CCW laws.
en.wikipedia.org...

I go to Arizona on business a couple times a year and carry and am thinking of retiring to AZ from Kalifornia .

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Mexico is rife with bribes and police corruption, probably 100x or 500x more than the US, so saying that gun control doesn't work in Mexico is like saying Cartel control doesn't work in Mexico. Of course it doesn't. The US and Mexico is like apples and oranges. The US needs to come to a compromise on gun control. We are more like our european counterparts than Mexico.
edit on 29-10-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Mexico is rife with bribes and police corruption, probably 100x or 500x more than the US, so saying that gun control doesn't work in Mexico is like saying Cartel control doesn't work in Mexico. Of course it doesn't. The US and Mexico is like apples and oranges. The US needs to come to a compromise on gun control. We are more like our european counterparts than Mexico.

No compromise on gun control...none. imagine me saying we need to come to a compromise on abortion laws. There would be a lot of angry abortion rights people.

My compromise is if you don't want a gun don't buy one.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
A new law has passed in Portland, Maine: If you're over 21 and can legally buy a handgun, you need no permit to conceal and carry it. So today, we're talking gun control! In this episode, I tell my Vigilant Producer Alex Logan that everyone forgets about one important country when discussing the issue of controlling our guns. Can you guess which one it is?

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here but the constiutational rights of people all round the world is under assult by a trrynical govts. So many rights and freedom laws are being passed in all countries that matter.

Its being done by building walls around constitutional and human rights, that effectivly puts the constitutional or common laws that protects peoples rights, into quarantine.

Awarness of this tactic needs to raised in the community so people become aware of it cos there are many out there who will still say; 'oh we still have xyz right, its in the constitution.'

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura

CCW without permits?

This is the best thing since immolation by death squad.

All hail the "Imma kill you and have no one to stop me" isis agenda!!!!

yay America!!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

About time someone used Mexico as the shining example of the results of "citizen gun control".

Good Episode.

But aren't you .. like, arming your borders against Mexicans trying to sneak in? Should mexicans be shooting back now?

I have no idea what you guys think sometimes haha

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

You want to see armed borders... go check out southern mexico.

They have harsh penalties for those crossing their borders... unless bribes are paid.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Wouldn't changing the 2nd require a Constitutional Convention?

Hmmmm....

I don't think I trust these criminals in congress the power to change anything about the Constitution. It would be madness...

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

You Americans should most definitely follow Obama and Hilary and give up your guns

That way, if Russia and China ever have to take you over it will be much easier.

Just kidding, forget this post, forgeeettt this poossttt

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My compromise is, come take my (wolf) gun, but do it in an unarmed fashion (sheep). If these people want to be sheep, be sheep.
Just don't send a wolf (jack-booted thugs with a badge) to do the disarming.

Wait for it, the inevitable reply that.... "We don't want to take your guns."
No... they just want to limit them.

"Hunters don't need weapons of war" oh, yeah? Which guns were never weapons of war? There are plenty of states where hunters can use AR-15's and AK's to harvest game anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

How is the US not already compromised on gun control?

We have certain weapons essentially banned (fully auto, military type weapons like canons, etc., all need special licenses to purchase and own...not to mention silencers, which would make shooting with my son with noise sensitivity because of Asperger's a nice thing to be able to buy without a hassle), some states tell citizens that they can't carry a weapon without permission (either open or concealed), the federal government doesn't allow firearms at any of its properties that it owns for work reasons, some states allow private businesses to ban guns in their places of business, some state limit the amount of rounds a magazine can hold, and even some places (looking at you, San Francisco) push out gun stores with ridiculously burdensome regulations that put them out of business.

And those are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head...there are many more, including being told how to transport firearms in some states so that it renders them useless, and let's not forget that we all must undergo a federal background check and questionnaire before even being able to purchase one to begin with.

So, how have we not compromised with gun control?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: reldra

No compromise on gun control...none. imagine me saying we need to come to a compromise on abortion laws. There would be a lot of angry abortion rights people.

You have already compromised on your second amendment right. Any regulation on firearms that is not included in the 2nd amendment is an infringement on that right. That is one of the reasons why I believe the 2nd needs to be amended. Otherwise we leave the door wide open for politicians to regulate our right as they see fit.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Very, very slippery slope here. If you doubt my support of the 2nd, look at my post history....BUT...Do we really want someone to carry concealed just because they can buy one? How about that college kid who gets bullied, never fired a gun in his life, no firearms training at all but decides to go get one and carry it? He gets his info from Youtube and Joe Nexttdoor, but barely knows how to drop the mag, no idea how to take down and clean, not real sure how the safety works, but he's sittin' beside you on the bus? Never fired a round in his life but he's got one under his shirt?!!
Firearms and Safety training are a good thing.
edit on 29-10-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

No compromise on gun control...none. imagine me saying we need to come to a compromise on abortion laws. There would be a lot of angry abortion rights people. My compromise is if you don't want a gun don't buy one.

That's a bit of a...Misguided point of view. Should we just allow people to drive cars with out a license as they have the right to do so? I'm sure in you libertarian mindset you're probably more than likely for that but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry but not everyone deserves the right to own a firearm, people who are mentally disturbed and convicted criminals should be prevented from owning firearms. Kind of how like people who are not fit to drive should not practice that right, or mentally fit enough to choose to use legal and/or illegal substances. Just because you have the right to have access to certain things doesn't give you the right to just abuse it for your idealized purposes.
edit on 29-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

No compromise on gun control...none. imagine me saying we need to come to a compromise on abortion laws. There would be a lot of angry abortion rights people. My compromise is if you don't want a gun don't buy one.

That's a bit of a...Misguided point of view. Should we just allow people to drive cars with out a license as they have the right to do so? I'm sure in you libertarian mindset you're probably more than likely for that but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry but not everyone deserves the right to own a firearm, people who are mentally disturbed and convicted criminals should be prevented from owning firearms. Kind of how like people who are not fit to drive should not practice that right, or mentally fit enough to choose to use legal and/or illegal substances. Just because you have the right to have access to certain things doesn't give you the right to just abuse it for your idealized purposes.

Of course we shouldn't need a driver's license or a licensed vehicle. Human beings have a natural right to travel freely in the conveyence of their choice. While we are at it lets also get rid of fascist seatbelt laws.

As for guns for criminals, we have far to many useless laws and statutes which creates criminals out of people unjustly. I am not going to deny another person their rights because of some BS government laws.
edit on 2015/10/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Of course we shouldn't need a driver's license or a licensed vehicle. Human beings have a natural right to travel freely in the conveyence of their choice. While we are at it lets also get rid of fascist seatbelt laws.

You can't be for real...That's like saying we should just get rid of the safety mechanism on all firearms!
Your natural rights are an entirely fictional concept outside of a society, you want to live by the law of the jungle? Does that means the morals and ethics of a society don't apply then? I guess rape,murder and larceny should no longer be criminalized right?

As for guns for criminals, we have far to many useless laws and statutes which creates criminals out of people unjustly. I am not going to deny another person their rights because of some BS government laws.

How about a more nuanced position. Instead we permit those who were convicted of non-violent petty crimes(e.g vagrancy,petty theft,fare evasion and etc) to own firearms. Your viewpoint is terribly unreasonable in regards to comprise on firearms laws.

edit on 29-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Your viewpoint is terribly unreasonable in regards to comprise on firearms laws.

It is those unreasonable viewpoints and the lack of compromise that has led to our second amendment right being further infringed upon.

I have many issues with the "shall not be infringed", "from my cold, dead hands" crowd. We cannot move forward in the firearm debate because they shout everyone down and do not bring any solutions to the table.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

You can't be for real...That's like saying we should just get rid of the safety mechanism on all firearms!

So having a slip of paper in your wallet makes you a safe driver?
Does a drivers license make you a sober driver too?

Laws don't make sober drivers either.... just like they don't prevent murders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join