It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Dad Defends Family With Bow & Arrow (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yo, I Identify myself the man with the bow. Hi everyone. Vens' Hubby.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Well I`m sure MsVen is aware as has been told numerous times by police they can file for a restraining order, then if this guy comes over harassing the Police will act fast.

So other than that putting up with kids playing with sticks on the road and chasing the postie on their push bikes or moving is all I can see happening.

Not broadcasting this crap as news worthy for 7 years, what became a minute bit news worthy is when a someone flips and grabs a bow and arrow and threatens people with it.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Indeed I did. It's a small internet, bro! Hello again!

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

I'm for moving. ASAP. Waiting for courts and dispute resolutions and what not will take too long.

I didn't answer what I hoped to achieve by posting my dirty laundry here.

I'm hoping that people will at least get to hear our side of the story .... especially housing, who refuse to listen.

We simply want a transfer. Out of QLD would be preferrable. lol.
How do we get that if trial by media makes it appear we are violent druggos, when we are really defending ourselves?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Let me put it straight. When they start screaming into your home and its bouncing off your walls and you realize youre sitting in a paper box, and your family are not safe. You feel your family is safer if you leave the home because they wanted me, not my kids. They call you out and terrorize your family and the only way to run is forward, that's if the access hasnt been blocked off by a car or a mob of pill junkies with bats in your drive way.

I'm 47yo never tried crack,i tried coke once, heroin twice, zero meth for 20 years I gave up taking OTC pain meds over 4 years ago and im lucky to take 2 paracetamol a week.

I drink flax seed oil and eat protein and lettuce. I love electronics, Electric vehicles, Quantum physics, computer hardware and programming, Music production, microbiology and cellular reproduction. love cacao, hemp products like Shona Banda, cannabis cures oil by mouth, CBD oil, curing cancer and all diseases, solar power and finding ways to save money on my power bill and stuff.

Gasp. Na I think some of you got me wrong on the Junky thing.
edit on 29-10-2015 by BowManners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: MsVen

Bundaberg residents have gone to war in the street, in a major feud captured on video.

Australian Dad Defends Family With Bow & Arrow (Video)

The incident in the news report occurred on Sunday morning, 25th Oct 2015. The family claim this started over kids bullying theirs, and that they have been harassed by their neighbours for years. It all finally comes to a crazy crescendo on Sunday when his son is hit by an adult. Dad and son retaliate and attack the guy with a wooden stick and a Pogo stick. Finally Dad brings out his compound bow and tells everyone to go back inside their boxes as his wife calls the police.

As most here know, it is illegal to own a firearm in Australia unless you are licensed and have an approved reason for owning one (farming & sport for example). It is illegal to own a crossbow, but it is not illegal to own a compound bow.

I know it's easy to quickly judge this family by first looks, but compassion can change lives. It looks like a pretty crazy and intense scene all-round, full of people with many problems - mentally, socially, and emotionally.

I'd like to know what others think. Did this Dad and his son go too far in their own defense?

So check out the news report. Sorry it's a Facebook video, I can't find a local news catch-up link on the Channel 7 website. It would be great if someone here could help out with that.

I think one of the things can could be done is to allow certain classes of people to own personal defense devices at that are non leathal but effective.

For example, is this family felt they have been harrassed for years then they should be able to take their case to a minor court where there is no legal representation who could consider the merits of their cases, make relative enquires etc. If that court found the family was at risk of violence from the other family they could be permitted by the court, to own a tazer, or a MACE for example.

What Im saying here is that the law should recognise the gross imbalance that can exist between a person at risk and a potential threat.

Women living alone, old men living alone, a disabled person etc. The needs to recognise that these people have a very reduced ability to defend themselves.

No one is suggesting that these classes of people should have an automatic right to such weapons but the law should provide for their case to be eavluated and given due consideration on a case by case basis.

Another suggestion I will offer is that as these negihbourhood disputes become more and more serious, the above court should have the power to order one or both families to sell up and move a minimum distance away from that street. In the case of a rental property, the court could initate termination of the renatal agreement and oder evection take place.

Such action should only be able to be taken after sufficient a warning periods has has expired and the court is satisfied that the harrassment has not ceased.

Wes, I know, these days such a law could be abused too but some right of appeal or input from neighbours, compulsory mediation etc could also be options the court could order before eviction or forced sale is ordered.

Just puttin ideas out there.

IMO this is a good comment.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Not broadcasting this crap as news worthy for 7 years . . .

I can't find any trace of it. Are you sure you haven't confused them with someone else?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BowManners

Oh my, Les! lol.

I just smoke disgusting ciggies
and I like pot.

I hardly ever drink alcohol. I tried a couple of party drugs in my uni years, nothing heavy, but never really liked any of it.

I take OTC pain meds a couple of days each month for, you know .....

Anyway the cops already know all this about me.

The authorities might know about some activist pages I operate on Facebook. They might not like some of those.

Sad thing is, if my neighbours knew about those pages and the things I post about, they would probably like us.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just found this thread.

Wow.
As a mom, I feel for you. I've had bad neighbors. Not to your extreme, but I know how stressful it can be, not only worrying about your children, but about yourself as well.

I will keep you in my thoughts, and hope you can get out of there real soon.

That neighbor needs to be locked up.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BowManners

Have you ever thought of joining the circus? www.abc.net.au...

Australia's Circus Royale

. . . combining flexibility and balance with an uncanny ability to shoot balloons with a bow and arrow - using her feet.

Seriously, take it easy with the bow, and better to edit out mention of personal drug use.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I agree with this too. And I guess understand it has got past the point of a court trying to figure out where it started.

It's much like a parent trying to figure out who started a fight between siblings .... I don't bother getting involved in kid tit-for-tats, I just take away whatever they are both fighting over. No matter who is to blame. Maybe this is my karma for doing that to my kids when they we younger.

Thanks for the perspective.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen

You're being totally misrepresented in the mainstream media, and here on ATS a member claims your story has a long media history, implying you are attention grabbers. I can find no mention of any previous news story. Is the ATS member lying?

This stinks. You must have done something good to be the subject of such a concerted attack.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

We did that once, almost two decades ago. The restraining order gave the person our full names, DOBs, and other personal identity and contact details. To a stranger. Who had invaded our home. I don't want these people to have any of that information about my family. I don't know them, and quite frankly, I don't really want to know them.

Police. They tell us to record video and take evidence of the harassment. But then they tell us they can only investigate the incident they are called to that day - there's no relating of events over time. It's totally decompartmentalised. We call them about assault on children, they issue warnings but never do anything more. What can the police do towards "resolution", really, anyway?

I just want to note, a lot of people say a lot about the extremes they would go to in defense of their children, their family, their property .....
edit on 29/10/2015 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It's middle of the night here. Hubby and I going for a ride. BBL.

Thanks ATS.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I went down town on the day of the Million Mask March (by myself) - 2013/14 I cant remember - and I soapboxed in the mainstreet about the injustice of the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act (VLAD) Act. I spoke to members of the public and handed out copies of the Act and explained what it meant. I'm not a bikie and I have no tattoos. I love the art of tattoos tho.

Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
originally posted by: MsVen

I'm for moving. ASAP. Waiting for courts and dispute resolutions and what not will take too long.

hooray good to hear.

I didn't answer what I hoped to achieve by posting my dirty laundry here.

I'm hoping that people will at least get to hear our side of the story .... especially housing, who refuse to listen.

We simply want a transfer. Out of QLD would be preferrable. lol.

Why rely on state housing? rent if you can`t afford a deposit on a home.

How do we get that if trial by media makes it appear we are violent druggos, when we are really defending ourselves?

Really who`s fault is that? was it Alex that first went to the media and continues?

Now I don`t want to get too rude but, your pro drug, your on state housing, home schooling which has to be cheaper ( kudos on that ) your going to uni soon ( again kudos ) and not sure if Les is employed but won`t rent or can`t afford it or risk losing state housing and going to the back of the queue, and because your in a bad relationship with a troublesome neighbour that from what I`ve seen you guys havn`t handled well at all and have acted out violently, now would rather interstate housing but can`t seem to because "How do we get that if trial by media makes it appear we are violent druggos"

And none of this is your own fault or contributed to the situation your in?

First MsVen as soon as you can get off welfare, for your own families sake and tax payers. Might be scary at first but freedom from the system you feel bound to and where you live.

In the mean time get a restraining order, you only need his name and address.

Don`t go out provoking, like you have done with your camera, you can film, but if I had someone standing across the street filming me and my family I`d go over and get in their face as well as what happened that Alex did in the last video Kester posted for me to watch and you can`t see what your contributing to all of this.

Too close to the situation to see the forest for the trees.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And when it hit national headlines that our local representative called Anon Australia "Gutless" ... I posted the RSL motto on the page of my local mayor and told him I was from Anonymous Australia. lol. I posted the motto many times. I thought he had forgotten what it meant even though his office was across the road from the local RSL.

Anyway, back soon.
edit on 29/10/2015 by MsVen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
originally posted by: Kester

and here on ATS a member claims your story has a long media history, implying you are attention grabbers. I can find no mention of any previous news story. Is the ATS member lying?

Lying??

MsVen has been quite candid on a lot about her personal life, ask her yourself. Before trying to label me as a liar.

Not sure how I could verify a current affair shows or the tv show "when neighbours turn bad" or what ever they call it.

My wife recognises them all as well from years ago.
edit on 29-10-2015 by gps777 because: quote code

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It'll be good to get the links so we can see. You did say,

. . . this feud between these guys has gone on and on for 7 years and i think most Australians have had the unpleasure of watching them or hearing them.

Sorry MsVen but people live and deal with problems and solve their problems everyday even much worse than your own, without the need to broadcast through as much media as they can for 7 years.

Most Australians have watched or heard them, they've broadcast through as much media as they can for seven years. Should be easy to verify if true.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MsVen

Yep, this is the internet age, conclusions and judgements based on a photo, short video or some short article that is full of lies.
Good thing most of us are not well known or celebrities and thus not interesting enough to spend a bucket of dirt on in order to attract viewers and visitors.

No, yesterday i thought about Flodder, a comedy movie about a dutch family that does not fit in the neighborhood, they have a dog Whiskey who attacks a neighbor when he sneaks into the garden of the Flodder family to spy on them.

So i was planning to make a comment about getting a dog and post the scene, but i couldn't find this particular scene.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join