It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics Are Maddening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Tell me why does there have to be different political parties to begin with? I have never understood this need to separate political ideologies. If you are democrat you are conservative and want to help the little guy, if you are republican you are liberal and only care about big business?

I am not sure how this system helps anybody at all. I do not even think I understand why someone is democratic and why someone is republican.

I do, however, understand one thing, the whole system needs to be gutted, because it is maddening and nothing about it accomplishes anything but derisiveness and contempt and where it should be cooperative, it is adversarial.

So. they wrote a constitution for the people and by the people, but the people really do not matter to the politicians.

Want to have a party? Have a People Party, one where left shakes the rights hand, the elephant and the donkey dance together, the conservatives marry the liberals and we are all just one big happy family.

Want to run for office, great, I do not care what underwear you think is more comfortable, I do not care if you are a crossdresser...what I really care about is are you an intelligent person that cares about everyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Politics is also about entertainment, these guys are not trained to solve any real pressing issues.. If they did they wouldn't have the fun ability in blaming the other side of the spectrum for something your side couldn't solve.
I believe it was Jesse Ventura who said Politics is a lot like professional wrestling. Off the camera they're all secretly friends.

edit on 28-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Tell me why does there have to be different political parties to begin with?

Because people have different opinions on various subjects and would like to elect other people that have the same, or similar, views as their own.

I have never understood this need to separate political ideologies. If you are democrat you are conservative and want to help the little guy, if you are republican you are liberal and only care about big business?

In the 19th century there were a lot of political parties. In the 20th century those parties began to coalesce into what we have today, 'big tent' parties. Where each big party tries to get as many people who have similar views into their ranks to vote against the other guy/for their candidate. There's about 200 years of history shaping the political landscape we have today. I'm not going to go into all of it now, but rest assured, it wasn't always this way.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Tell me why does there have to be different political parties to begin with?

Because there can be only two in a 'democracy'.

The majority.

The minority.

If you are democrat you are conservative and want to help the little guy, if you are republican you are liberal and only care about big business?

Stop drinking the koolaid. No offense.

The whole practical aim of American politics is two sides both saying vote for us their other guys suck.

Truth never enters in to it, and employ PROPAGANDA to further their own cause's.

American politics is a FARCE.

There are clear differences between the right, and left, and it began back at the very beginning of the country.

Democratic-Republican Party

Federalist Party

For every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction.

The only thing that has changed is the names.

top topics

join