It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning for those Asking for Help in Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
About a week ago i read a topic on this thread that had some content concerned with asking a spirit guide (or asking your higher self) for help during astral projection and i had a bad experience that I would like to share with you so as to warn you of the potential danger concerned with this method.

I have practised astral projection for just over four months now and believe I have partially separated from my etheric body twice however both times occured within the first 2 months of practice. Naturally after reading over the aforementioned thread and since it had been such a long time since a significant experience of AP I decided to try this method of asking for help in projecting and soon after reading the thread I left to meditate in my room. I normally reach the vibration stage when meditating if i am concentrating and that day was no different. Within 20 or so minutes i was in a very relaxed state and after a few minutes when nothing much was happening except for light vibrations I began asking for help. I remember willing someone, calling someone for aid in my projection and did get an answer.

I remeber asking this person/entity for a name and they replied with sumthing similar to Rennid or Rennet I cant fully remember what i was but something like that. The main advice i recieved from this entiity was to just relax. I then entered an extremely strange vivid dream with this entity that spoke to me in my head. I remember being in my house and things were very different, i had brothers and sisters i dont actually have, and new rooms were added to my house but i cannot remember detail. During this experience i remember feeling very content and i also remember my companion being very funny and making me laugh so much although again i cant express detail. I must have been medidating for around an hour and a half when i finally came around and a friend phoned soon after and we left for the local.

I came home late and very wrecked from a night of drinking and was very tired in bed quickly after coming in. I decided to ask for help again because i had such a great time meditating with a companion/guide a few hours earlier. I remember lying very still and willing someone to help me again......... i cannot remember what happened after that......for some reason i woke during the night and i had a terrible feeling of unease in my mind and body i opened my eyes and found myself in a very strange position. I had both hands held together under my pillow as though handcuffed and both my legs were crouched in and my body arched, it was like the fetal position except vertical. When i realised that i was completely paralysed from pretty much the eyes down i became terrified and quite nauseous. I told myself it was sleep paralysis and it would wear off soon but i was panicking i tried to roll myself to one side and shake myself out of it but my hands were seperated just enough to stabilise me too much to do that. I was lying/crouched there in fear for what i believe to be nearly ten minutes before i could finally shake my arms loose and roll onto my back. I was still frightened but at least i wasnt paralysed anymore. It took me a long time to get to sleep after that and the fear gradually subsided.

I believe that i let myself come into contact with either a mischeivous entity that night even possibly a demon. Perhaps if i was in a sober state i could have noticed a sense of evil and broken contact during meditation. Or perhaps you simply cannot tell who or what you are opening yourself up for when asking for help during AP.

One thing is for sure though- do NOT ask for help after taking drugs it may seem easier to relax and more interesting but i believe my defences to spiritual danger and even harm were shot down that night due to alcohol.

I dont mean to deter those on the path to AP just to try and not let what i experienced happen to any of you.

thankyou......JoeyC

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
good post, and this isnt meant as a slam, and obviously you have learned from your errors, but trying to do anything spiritually in a chemically altered state is like going into a gun fight with a slingshot. Most of the priests, medicine men that do these practices, either go mad early on, or have been guided by an older teacher before they seek spiritual guides while altered. at least thats what i have discovered in my search of these and similar activities.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You cant be drunk when attempting HIGHER STATES of consiousness......end of story.
I would suggest that you should be sober an entire 7 days before attempting such things....to make SURE there are ZERO traces in your body anywhere... Even small traces of Alchohol just open you up to BAD EXPERIANCES...

There ARE Angels and Spirit guides who can and will help you, but KNOW what your asking for for surely you can ~get~ it.........dont ask for things you are NOT ready to experiance.....some doors cannot be closed, once they are opened up.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow...thank you for the good thread. I will be careful with this kind of thing in the past. I've tried to enter altered states while high (I'm Canadian
), with some success...but I've always suspected it makes you psychically vulnerable.

This is actually a fascinating turn of events: I was going to do just that today - meditate and try to enter an altered state while under the influence, until I realized I'm out of weed...so I went onto the message board and the first thing I see is this thread. Maybe someone out there is carefully warning me..

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
i believe your mistaking common human Imagination for super special powers you call 'astral projection'

yes i know its sad, but its probably just an overactive imagination
doubtful that all this 'hocus pocus mumbo jumbo' has any truth in it

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes it does. Read up on it. The imagination certainly plays a role in astral projection, of course. That does not mean it is a figment of your dreams, because what you are viewing and experiencing can be corroborated physically.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
River Goddess......

As i said above i have not yet had a full conscious AP although i do believe i have come close. Everywhere that I have read up on AP has spoken of the importance of the vibrations and they also say that the vibrations slowly increase until they get very large and fast- which is recognised as one of the last stages before AP can take place.

I have meditatated under the influence of alcohol, weed and opiates and I noticed that the vibrations come on alot faster and are much greater. Therefore i was under the impression that it is easier to project under the influence of drugs....perhaps i am wrong but im sure u can spot the logic that lead me to this conclusion.

Has anyone else tried meditating under the influence?

I will certainly never try meditating on alcohol again as it changes your thought processes so significantly. The other two are good for relaxing although im pretty sure its not a good idea to use them for meditating. I read somewhere on this site that drugs can force open your chakras and leave you vulnerable, i wouldnt be at all surprised if that is true.

new topics

top topics

join