It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads that automatically play video with audio clips should not be allowed on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer
Perfect!! Dodge is bad but the Marriott was the worst!!! I love the way you guys always respond to your users.

ATS is the best!

(post by coop039 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Member complains about ad - Site owner gets ad removed - Now that is service!

Time zones and timing.

We're still waiting for a response from the ad supplier. However, after reviewing the source code (HTML5 ad) the ad appears to attempt to be very polite, but isn't so for all users.

On my Mac, it doesn't auto-play on Chrome or Safari, and on a PC, it only autoplays on Chrome and Firefox... all cases, no audio, just video. Still, the video should not be auto-playing.

Since the creators of the ad seem to have made an attempt to be polite, I've requested that the auto-play be disabled for all browsers. In the mean-time, the (X) in the upper right corner closes the ad gracefully.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: nOraKat
I couldn't even find the ad, just closed the whole deal and started over.

Not to advocate any specific browser but i believe chrome shows a speaker icon in the tab to show which site is playing audio. This is great for sites that have long delay ads that play and many tabs open. Have not kept up with browser technology but at one time chrome was only browser to do this and may still be. That is for desktop version cant say for mobile.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Just my opinion, but Ads that automatically play video with audio clips should not be allowed on ATS.

I did not even click on an ad and somewhere a commercial is playing very loud on my computer. Then I have to go and look for the ad that is playing. I was surprised to find that it was coming from ATS..

I do not think this should be allowed on your site. It is intrusive.

I created a similar thread a few days ago. I was told buy a member here (not a mod) that it was my settings, and it was essentially my fault. So yeah, it isn't.

Game of War will pop up on my mobile and cover the entire page when I open ATS, and the catch? Both the cross on the top right corner and the close tab at the bottom of the ad do not close the ad, so the only way the ad disappears is if you visit the site, which subsequently opens the app store. It doesn't even open the app store to Game of War it opens it to something completely unrelated. So now I do not use ATS on my phone.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Is your mobile provider Vodafone? I have several complaints lodged with them regarding their hijacking of our mobile ads, and inserting their own.

This is becoming an increasing problem on (mostly) European and Australian mobile providers.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Hi Skeptic,
No my mobile provider is 3 Mobile. I think I was meant to send you that information I totally forgot.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is getting real irritating..seems worse this morn but probably just me.
If I don't immediately move my cursor after clicking "recent"..there has to be a better way than these adds taking over the whole damn page.
edit on 29-10-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

(post by Nupster removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Cedius removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Ddrneville removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join